Enders / Johnson Pro Stock controversy? (1 Viewer)

All sounds reasonable to me..but I'm sure the bashers will make an appearance..just cuz.

I'll chime in on the bashing. But my bashing is directed at Rick Stewart.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. He's a pompus ass jerk. With his animated, arm waving, looking at his watch antics. I really like it when he throws his arm up in the air like he is flipping the switch to start the tree coming down when it's already been flipped 2 seconds ago and autostart is in control.:rolleyes:

The other guy who sometimes works the tree during sportsman cars gets my vote for starter.

Just my thoughts about the email. If the incident was no big deal, why such a detailed account of the run, pointing out who did what wrong or not to the opponents liking? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just because you disagree doesn't mean you are bashing someone.
That seems like more than no big deal to me, but I am not "qualified" to run a race team so I guess I will just have to shut up and stick with running our multi million dollar moving and storage business, hey someone else brought it up, I just wanted to point out I would be more than qualified to operate a race team. :rolleyes:

I miss Buster Couch. ;)

I can remember when we were at HPT when I was like 10 years old, Buster Couch getting chase through the pits by a huge pit bull. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life to see old Buster run. I wish I'd have still been able to find that picture. It would be a sight to see.

It seems interesting that the starter was so lackadaisical or passive during qualifying............yet so aggressive on race day. Could it be the different way Team Army is viewed by him as opposed to Team Enders? Intimidation maybe?:confused:

P.S. All the "Basher Beaters" appear to have prematurely............ well........ you know:)

Please understand that I'm not being critical of Erica...heck, she outran WJ heads-up in qualifying, sending him home for the weekend, while she made the Sunday field. When you think about it, her team is doing better than 'The Professor'...and I believe he had about a 30 year head start on her and Nickens.

Congratulations are in order for their early success, I was just wondering what Greg Enders was referring to.

You are comparing apples to oranges here you may not be critical of Erica but you were disrespectful to Warren! :cool:
She has got a long way to go before you can mention both of them in the same sentence.
She drives, Warren does everything else and drives, he's got championships she has round wins! ;)

Hey...no disrespect to Warren at all. This is a performance based sport, and yes...he's won a ton of races through the years, but these days he's getting out-run and out-qualified by Erica, as well as about 20 other cars on a given weekend. Maybe he could learn something from his Son Kurt...or his former crew chief...Greg

I'll chime in on the bashing. But my bashing is directed at Rick Stewart.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. He's a pompus ass jerk. With his animated, arm waving, looking at his watch antics. I really like it when he throws his arm up in the air like he is flipping the switch to start the tree coming down when it's already been flipped 2 seconds ago and autostart is in control.:rolleyes:

The other guy who sometimes works the tree during sportsman cars gets my vote for starter.
Cool - there's a little quote button on each post...just thought I'd use it. ;)

You are comparing apples to oranges here you may not be critical of Erica but you were disrespectful to Warren! :cool:
She has got a long way to go before you can mention both of them in the same sentence.
She drives, Warren does everything else and drives, he's got championships she has round wins! ;)

Bob, I didn't take John's mention of WJ as disrespectful at all. He was just stating a fact. Erica qualified her car which has only been together for a few races and WJ didn't. Several quality cars failed to qualify at Pomona, so give her some credit. I did not think John was trying to compare her to WJ and his accomplishments over 30 years and multiple championships in Pro Stock, just the fact that he's now missing the setup for some reason. He's not the only one either.

Bob, I didn't take John's mention of WJ as disrespectful at all. He was just stating a fact. Erica qualified her car which has only been together for a few races and WJ didn't. Several quality cars failed to qualify at Pomona, so give her some credit. I did not think John was trying to compare her to WJ and his accomplishments over 30 years and multiple championships in Pro Stock, just the fact that he's now missing the setup for some reason. He's not the only one either.

I like Erica also I think she has a lot of potential. John may not be disrepectful to Warren personally what I was refering to was the comparision. ;)
I'm sure Warren will figure it out as he always has in the past.
He is in a slump and has to work through it this happens a lot in this field. KJ is using Warren's HP so I bet you Warren was probably slipping in some testing and we saw the results he has nothing to prove.
If he never wins another race he still would have nothing to prove he has done it all. :)

Hey Greg, get registered, thanks for clearing that up, good luck next year

I wouldn't hold my breath, after the beating they took on the 'old' mater. Most of the bashers are gone, but I can tell by a few of the posts, things could still get a little ugly. Some will always find fault with Enders Racing.

But hey, ya never know.

In any case, good luck Enders Racing! Hope ya find lots of 'stuff' over the winter and come out swinging next season.

Thanks Kurt...you hit the nail on the head. No one has ever accomplished what Warren has in Pro Stock, and probably never will. Even though the Summit cars are dominant, there is soooo much top level parity that it would be difficult to run the table these days.

My point on Erica is that in just a handful of races, they took a Dog of a car from DSR and made it a competitve, qualifying car. Obviously their car and engine program is already better than DSR's was under Glidden...and it's now better that WJ's...which is saying something. And if you'll look at her MPH numbers from Pomona, they're right there with the top teams, with the exception of the Summit cars. So...they've done exceptionally well in a very short amount of time. Plus, I like their car...I'm a little bit of a Hemi Orange kind of guy...

I'd say that pretty well spells it out. I'd certainly like to see one of the Enders bunch register and contribute to this place. They seem like a good team and there's no doubting their dedication to the sport.

I would like to know were are all the racers that Jannard said would come if we payedthe buck an were nice to them

I'm usually with ya Johnny, but thats just wrong. That said, Nickens is getting up to speed and I think they will be a player at the season's startup[/QUOTE]

The DSR Pro Stock effort seemed doomed at the beginning of this season, and frankly, just kept going backwards. Richie went from missing fields in the DSR program, to winning races for Roy & Alan. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big supporter of DSR, but the gasoline part of his business just wasn't successful. I wonder what his plans for Pro Stock are next year, or if he has any plans to field a car or two?

Yeah your right, I just meant it wasn't Glidden's fault.

No it wasn't Glidden's fault at all...heck, I still can't believe what was 'thrown' at him. He lost (arguably) the best driver in Pro Stock, and was given a replacement driver that had trouble making a full pass...none the less a qualifying pass. What a mess that was....and still is...

I was on the starting line just opposite and to the right of the waterbox and saw the whole thing up close.

Gregg's description is pretty close to what I saw with a few exceptions. I noticed how Erica appeared to take her time moving up when it was time to move up. Adjustments done she rolled forward about 10 feet and stopped. When she again started pulling forward she did so slowly and appeared to be coming to a stop again about 5-8 feet from pre stage. That's when Rick Stewart finally decided someone needed to point her in the right direction.

I told myself on the starting line that she's either distracted by someone on her radio or she's not completely with it in the car for some reason. Being sick would answer that. I've made thousands of runs in the last 30+ years from brackets to TA/FC and sent drivers down the track in my TA/FC another 500+ so I'm not just hazarding a guess from lack of experience on the starting line. I think Rick Stewart did the right thing because I know he was thinking the same thing I was concerning the driver of the car. "Hello, anyone home?"

Just to finish my point, I watched her make the run because I was curious to see how it would go. Rick Stewart did the same. I don't know Erica and I'm sure she's fully capable. It just seemed like she was distracted.

RG

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back