Enders / Johnson Pro Stock controversy? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Mopar

Nitro Member
Did any one notice this quote in Erica's Team Report on nhra.com? What happened on the starting line between these two???

Team owner Gregg Enders felt the day was over too soon. “Erica learned some valuable lessons about racing, adherence to rules and procedures, and human nature today,” Enders said, alluding to Johnson's questionable tactics at the starting line, where he ignored an NHRA official prior to making his run. “We’ll be back next year better than ever and will have plenty of opportunities to do a better job under whatever situations arise in this unique environment.”

She had Allen 1st round and I certainly don't recall anything other than getting spanked. Absolutely no disrespect intended..(hell I'd spank her)..sorry.

0.031 6.676 206.70
0.056 6.713 206.51

Oh..and where you reading this, Johnny? Isn't in the blog.

Interesting. If they're referring to Allen Johnson, who/what official did he allegedly ignore before his run? :confused:

"Erica learned some valuable lessons about racing, adherence to rules and procedures, and human nature today,” Enders said, alluding to Johnson's questionable tactics at the starting line, where he ignored an NHRA official prior to making his run"

Sure they aren't talking about ALAN Johnson??

"Erica learned some valuable lessons about racing, adherence to rules and procedures, and human nature today,” Enders said, alluding to Johnson's questionable tactics at the starting line, where he ignored an NHRA official prior to making his run"

Thats what Im thinkin

It was Allen Johnson.

Ok I did some research and it looks like Enders raced Warren Johnson in qualifying round 4. She raced Allen Johnson in round 1 of final eliminations. As to what happened between either racers, I don't know. Someone will chime in and give us the answer.

Sorry folks...I couldn't figure out what happened, or which 'Johnson' Greg is referring to. Evidently, it was some sort of starting line or staging issue. I didn't see or hear of any action from NHRA, so I'm guessing it wasn't something serious...maybe just a staging prank/strategy.

That's what I thought when I first read this thread too - but after reading the article it seems very clear they're talking about Allen Johnson (unless the article is just written poorly).

Don't know what could have happened. It's not like she had a sub-par light (for her) or anything. She just got left on by one of the best leavers in the class then outrun.

Last edited:
Just the usual whining about how the "boys" treat her poorly.

I can't wait for the next pronouncement about a world record ET and MPH in testing.

Please understand that I'm not being critical of Erica...heck, she outran WJ heads-up in qualifying, sending him home for the weekend, while she made the Sunday field. When you think about it, her team is doing better than 'The Professor'...and I believe he had about a 30 year head start on her and Nickens.

Congratulations are in order for their early success, I was just wondering what Greg Enders was referring to.

Think about it a while.

Where did she just leave?
What was their worst experience so far in the Pro Stock ranks?
Where was her car left second in line for attention to another team car?
Who was she racing for while she had her worst performances? (not counting getting her feet wet in the beginning)
Why were the Enders so excited about escaping the empire?
How would they feel about the complete disregard of the track officials by the empire's golden boy?

This appears to be about ill feelings and unfair treatment for some - not about a staging battle.

I'm guessing the Enders just feel like I do about Saturday's incident and wonder how that now applies to the rest of us in the sport.

Thanks for the clarification Larry..... but my next question is, what the heck has that got to do with Pro Stock?

If Larry is correct it has everything to do with Pro Stock right on down to Jr Dragster. The driver is now entitled to do whatever they want to. If Tony does not have to abide by his agreement with the NHRA why should the rest of us?

What he did is just plain wrong, and there is NO WAY THEY CAN JUSTIFY THAT!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back