Enders / Johnson Pro Stock controversy? (1 Viewer)

Hey...no disrespect to Warren at all. This is a performance based sport, and yes...he's won a ton of races through the years, but these days he's getting out-run and out-qualified by Erica, as well as about 20 other cars on a given weekend. Maybe he could learn something from his Son Kurt...or his former crew chief...Greg

Uh-oh... now you've gone and done it John. :eek: :D :p ;)

Well Jackee....I may have. The whole WJ effort is confusing. He has difficulty making fields while his son is a top 5 car. I don't get it...I know we've heard he's 'develping the DRCE3 engine', but after two years of development he should be in the field, or the motor design is junk. Remember, this is a guy who claims to out-work everyone, focusing totally on development. I would think his sponsor will probably address this with him soon. Another excuse is that he's having setup problems with his car. Either way, I'd look at Kurt's data, his tune-up and his chassis adjustments and mirror them to get in the show. I'd do my 'testing' outside of national events.

A few years back he referred to Darryl and Scott's Dodges as "Jeeps" on ESPN. At Pomona, he was outrun and and outqualified by several "Jeeps", one of them driven by a GIRL!. Missing the show is not becoming of a Professor.

Well Jackee....I may have. The whole WJ effort is confusing. He has difficulty making fields while his son is a top 5 car. I don't get it...I know we've heard he's 'develping the DRCE3 engine', but after two years of development he should be in the field, or the motor design is junk. Remember, this is a guy who claims to out-work everyone, focusing totally on development. I would think his sponsor will probably address this with him soon. Another excuse is that he's having setup problems with his car. Either way, I'd look at Kurt's data, his tune-up and his chassis adjustments and mirror them to get in the show. I'd do my 'testing' outside of national events.

You seem to have so many ideas and think it's so easy.....maybe you should pony up the bucks needed to go Pro Stock racing? Be sure and report back about how easy it was for you to qualify week in and week out.

I'm a fan of Warren & Kurt but I too have concerns about what happened with Warren's car this year. What's wrong with voicing a little criticism or making a point? If the Summit cars can run those #'s out of both cars, WJ and KJ ought to be able to as well. WJ lost something this year, and he even admitted it, and to finding it again on the road to Seattle, but it slipped away again soon thereafter. And YES, most of us know how hard it is to make a Pro Stock field now, just ask Mark Pawuk or Jim Yates as both of them ended up #17 more times than they wanted to admit. Jim actually only had that happen once or twice I suspect, since he finished in the top 10, but Mark had an unbelievable string of #17 qualifying attempts. I know its hard, and it is the most competetive Pro class top to bottom, but WJ just had a bad car this year I guess. Not sure how many chassis he used, or whose, but it just didn't work quite a bit of the year.

Back to the Enders thread ??? Congrats to her for making the final field of the year, and hope they continue to make progress next year. There are way more than 16 really competetive cars in Pro Stock now, so some good teams are going to be outside looking in again next year just like this year.

You seem to have so many ideas and think it's so easy.....maybe you should pony up the bucks needed to go Pro Stock racing? Be sure and report back about how easy it was for you to qualify week in and week out.

Oh no...I never inferred than any thing in this sport is easy...if it were, we'd all be doing it. My point is that he has more run data than any other driver in the history of the class, but can't seem to qualify. He went from having the baddest hot rod for years, to not making the show...yet his Son has a top 5 car. That's hard to understand...

I'm sure Warren will figure it out as he always has in the past.
He is in a slump and has to work through it this happens a lot in this field. KJ is using Warren's HP so I bet you Warren was probably slipping in some testing and we saw the results he has nothing to prove.
If he never wins another race he still would have nothing to prove he has done it all. :)

Amen, Bob, AAAMEN!:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back