Good read on EE blog (4 Viewers)

SOME opinions? yes.. EVERYONE'S opinion? No.. this place has changed for the worse in my opinion bcause evryone is so afraid to speak their TRUE opinion. I guess because they are using their real name? So now what do we have? No real inside info. No real opinions, and nobody with balls to post how they really feel. It's a joke. And it has nothing to do with THIS thread. It's just how the place is. Sorry.. that's how I feel,and have felt for a long time. Man i miss the good ole days. By the way.. I thought the racers,owners and Berserkos were going to come back in droves. LMAO.. what a joke.. and where is Jannard? Oh yeah.. that's right.. counting his money.
If your post count since the change wasn't what it'd be in one day on the old board, I'd think you were just in a bad mood....

You picked this thread to express your lamenting the old days. Real opinions are being expressed here, too bad you don't like them, but, it is possible that a move made by a team (any team), when explained by the team owner, is not worthy of being attacked.

As to real names and the ability (or inability) to post insider info or opinions using real names, THAT is weak! There are indeed quite a few insiders who post here, though they might not be names you recognize. I watched the Pats and Dans post on other forums for many months after the changes took place here, and guess what -- nothing new or inside, just the same old same old. They only retained the ability in those forums to attack people anonymously.

Frankly, I don't understand why you appear to believe Jim Jannard (or what ever name you want to toss out there) owes you their time or effort to respond to the crap flung on some message board.

You might miss the crap. I sure don't.

Oooops....Ray, is that taboo? :D
Na, I could use some myself... :D I got the rubbin part down purdy good with this sanding project of mine... :p
Smooth as :eek:

I'm not the Joe Friday here am I, toots with the tots...
How did I get drawn into this thread?? Damnit!!

Last edited:
I don't hold back saying what I think, and I sure catch some heat for it too! But I still would rather have the Real name format! Anybody can trash anybody they please using an alias, Nitroland comes to mind!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
SOME opinions? yes.. EVERYONE'S opinion? No.. this place has changed for the worse in my opinion bcause evryone is so afraid to speak their TRUE opinion. I guess because they are using their real name? So now what do we have? No real inside info. No real opinions, and nobody with balls to post how they really feel. It's a joke. And it has nothing to do with THIS thread. It's just how the place is. Sorry.. that's how I feel,and have felt for a long time. Man i miss the good ole days. By the way.. I thought the racers,owners and Berserkos were going to come back in droves. LMAO.. what a joke.. and where is Jannard? Oh yeah.. that's right.. counting his money.
Jerry..this whole internet thing..message boards, etc..have given bigger balls to the people that don't actually own them. It's easy to hide and peck away throwing bullshit to people that don't deserve it. And that's not their true opinion..it's people getting a hard-on being able to bust balls without any repercussions. Would you..personally..get in Tommy Jr's face over him being late on the tree 1 race?? Huh? Well that's why he isn't here anymore. Would you..personally..go to the Kalitta pit and raise hell about the way Rahn left?? Huh? Well we have inside Kalitta people here. Beserko told me he wouldn't come back here even if we paid him. Wonder why that is?

Mike Ashley is a regular..Jim Yates..Matt/Amanda Smith..Erica Ortiz..Rinehart/Unk, Billy G, and many more etc..are still here. Don shows up when he needs to. Oh..and when you're at Indy..check out the Oakley pit and give Jannard shit about counting money..ok? Take a look at the members list..you'd be surprised. Nothing wrong with being a friendly gathering place..where you don't have to worry about Tom, Dick & Lick making you feel like it's a mistake to login here.

It's all about accountability, Jerry. I've met you..you're a nice guy..but don't hammer the Mater because you consider it 'weak' because there aren't people being allowed to spew garbage/drivel and hate here anymore.

Hell of a lot easier to modulate, that's for sure.

Jerry, I remember the "good old days" but imho, they weren't that good. The Snake Racing board was where I started. It was fun; right up until one jerk had to ruin it for everybody else. The old 'mater was no better. Real opinions? Respectfully, that's bullshit. It was a bunch of idiots whining about how everything sucked in drag racing. Every driver, every team, sponsor, official - whatever. They all sucked. Want proof? Go over to the CPlus forum. There's 20 threads on the NHRA forum front page. Show me one that's worth a damn. Same tired bitch sessions. Inside info? From who? The "hot rumor" from an "unidentified source?" Please. Somebody's older brother's dentist's paper boy's nephew from Dayton heard it on good authority that... spare me. And FWIW, I really never cared about the "real names" thing or if the pros wanted to join in. Who cares who knows my real name? "Hi, I'm Charles Smith from the Nitomater board - want my autograph?" LOL!
I came to find a place to talk drag racing with other people who liked drag racing. If the pros show up, great. If not, that's great too. You can still disagree and criticize drag racing on this board. We all make our choices. I'm staying here and I like it. :)

There was a post on the old Mater about how poorly EE was doing when VC started the whole thing with her and Greg and I chimed in that unless she started qualifying Cagnazzi would probably be making a driver change soon. Greg Enders took me to task and posted his phone number for me to call and discuss my post. I called him and he explained how their motor program was going and how it would be showing results in the near future and invited me to their pit in Joliet. I stopped by the pit and was treated like a potential sponsor with all the respect and courtesy of a true gentleman. I am sure if Greg says his program is going to turn around soon it will as this has been proven in the past.

In regards to this sounding like an ass kissing post that has no balls, that is what really happened. I am not a huge P/S fan after being bit by the nitro bug over 40 years ago, but to make that kind of a dollar commitment to race with your daughter is major league cool and EE Racing need to be given the Kudos it deserves. The simple fact that Jerry Haas has jumped in with both feet certainly says that the program is real and moving forward.

It has been shown that people who spew crap like that actually have NO balls!!!

Jerry, I really think you need to put the lotion down, you have worn it out!

I really don't see what all the noise is about on this subject Jerry... :confused: Gregg never mentions us as a source of distraction, and now that I had to read it again to try and see where you are coming from on calling us weak and puss'... I still don't get it... Connolly mentioned this site by name and how 4 pages were devoted to something that happened years ago, which I had no idea even happened and never posted on that thread... But not one person started a bashing thread, or even a thread period about his comment... Hell, we do 4 pages of How you doin... J/K I think you are barking up the wrong tree here bro... If you have an issue with Gregg, then spill it instead of calling US weak... Yeah their are some who kiss ass on here, but whatever... Did you have a point to make concerning EE or not?? If not, you already sh!t, so get off the pot... For real dude...

I believe that there are still differing opinions on here. Check out a thread about the countdown and you'll usually see Paul and I going back and forth on it.

People have been critical of Morgans team this year, when Erica & Gregg left Schumacher, any move that nhra makes. Look at the comments on TJ and Melanie's new show, its being panned almost 100% but the "mean" factor has been erased. People now are giving opinions on it, offering suggestions and such, in the old mater days people would have ripped on them claiming that because of the show they shouldn't drive, have kids or vote anymore while name calling the entire time.

The difference is that is it done with more repsect and accountability then before. I could care less if people want to question a tune up call, pit curtains or anything else. Its just the tone in which it is done.
Admittedly I wasn't a big fan of the real names when it happened (I wanted nicknames still but mods able to see who people really were to control things being the scenes) but I do think that it has worked great.

Maybe we have less insider info but we used to get so much BS insider info before. Remember how often we'd get a first time poster with some big strory to break that was just 100% junk. I don't miss that, I don't miss moderating childish post.

We had name people lurking before and we have them now. Yes a few would post under their real names and a few others were able to hide behind nicknames. I too would like to see more come on here but I don't see a huge flock of them on any other boards either so it must not be us.

Feel free to like or not like someone, praise or critique a move. I know you are not alone in this opinion Jerry but all I can say to you and the others is jump in, start talking you may be surprised.

I believe that there are still differing opinions on here. Check out a thread about the countdown and you'll usually see Paul and I going back and forth on it.

People have been critical of Morgans team this year, when Erica & Gregg left Schumacher, any move that nhra makes. Look at the comments on TJ and Melanie's new show, its being panned almost 100% but the "mean" factor has been erased. People now are giving opinions on it, offering suggestions and such, in the old mater days people would have ripped on them claiming that because of the show they shouldn't drive, have kids or vote anymore while name calling the entire time.

The difference is that is it done with more repsect and accountability then before. I could care less if people want to question a tune up call, pit curtains or anything else. Its just the tone in which it is done.
Admittedly I wasn't a big fan of the real names when it happened (I wanted nicknames still but mods able to see who people really were to control things being the scenes) but I do think that it has worked great.

Maybe we have less insider info but we used to get so much BS insider info before. Remember how often we'd get a first time poster with some big strory to break that was just 100% junk. I don't miss that, I don't miss moderating childish post.

We had name people lurking before and we have them now. Yes a few would post under their real names and a few others were able to hide behind nicknames. I too would like to see more come on here but I don't see a huge flock of them on any other boards either so it must not be us.

Feel free to like or not like someone, praise or critique a move. I know you are not alone in this opinion Jerry but all I can say to you and the others is jump in, start talking you may be surprised.

Well said, PJ

Great post and I could not agree more. I just think some people do not have the balls to post their opinion with their real name. I know I do not care what people think about my opinion and I post what I truly feel here, but I do it respectfully. PJ, I stil think the new championship will be a good thing:D!

Great post and I could not agree more. I just think some people do not have the balls to post their opinion with their real name. I know I do not care what people think about my opinion and I post what I truly feel here, but I do it respectfully. PJ, I stil think the new championship will be a good thing:D!

well see there ya go, you were doing so well too, I almost had hope for ya then you had to throw the fake chase up their again :)

thats the great thing about the mater, you have the right to be wrong and the express those wrong feelings to others:cool:

I can't believe Pee made so much sense, and did it without one spelling error... :eek: That's what I was trying to say, without all the typing with one finger dealy... :D
Good job P... :cool:

Oh wait, is this kissing a$$??
Am I weak?? :rolleyes:

I can't believe Pee made so much sense, and did it without one spelling error... :eek: That's what I was trying to say, without all the typing with one finger dealy... :D
Good job P... :cool:

Oh wait, is this kissing a$$??
Am I weak?? :rolleyes:

Of course its kissing a$$! Want to read more about the mater and mater posters? Check the erica blog thread (of all places) on another message board and read all about it! And I think PJ did a great job also so count me as an AK also

man has this board got WEAK... sorry but there are no opinions anymore.. just sugar coated ass kissing. .Even if I dont agree with some of the things that used to get posted here, atleast it wasnt ass kissing mush all the time. weak

Your full of crap.

If you have to post an opinion behind a nickname you just posting BS. Other boards that use nicknames have no credibility, they are just fodder to fill up space on a web page.

Of course its kissing a$$! Want to read more about the mater and mater posters? Check the erica blog thread (of all places) on another message board and read all about it! And I think PJ did a great job also so count me as an AK also
I just did, and my puter honestly overheated and shut off as soon as I was done reading them... I guess my puter has a mind of it's own as well... Atleast we think alike... :D

I like it HERE... :)

Real names breed real convo... :cool:

I just did, and my puter honestly overheated and shut off as soon as I was done reading them... I guess my puter has a mind of it's own as well... Atleast we think alike... :D

I like it HERE... :)

Real names breed real convo... :cool:

Kinda how we all got to "know" each other, huh?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back