Friday night Lights??? (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
I can't believe they pulled it after just 2 episodes! Or else they just decided to bump it a week, that usually means it's barely hanging on anyway....

I do not follow it myself, but it was on last night. Not sure if it was a new episode but the wife had it on. It was on in the 8 PM slot.
I read that in the past few years some networks have been skipping a week(s) of the show early in the season. So you may only see 4 weeks of shows in a 6 to seven week period. The producers of these shows are not happy about it. They feel that the viewer is not able to follow along as closely if you see 2 weeks worth, have week off, 2 more weeks of shows, week off, 2 more shows etc. Thats why this year the producers of Lost are splitting the season. They have given the network about 6 shows now and will deliver the rest of the season later. This way the networks are forced to show the episodes back to back with only one time block off and the viewer does not have to guess if the show will be a repeat or not. There was another show mentioned in the article doing ghte same as Lost but I cannot remember what it was.

Last edited:
I heard it got pulled but I dont know. I cant imagine them pulling it even if the ratings were low after only 2 shows. Dont know though, I havent watched it. My wife has me addicted to Grey's Anatomy and What About Brian. Other than that, sports and Driving Force consist of my tv watching. Now if I could find a way to get HGTV, LIFETIME, and TLC off the air, I would have a wonderful life.

I do not follow it myself, but it was on last night. Not sure if it was a new episode but the wife had it on. It was on in the 8 PM slot.
I read that in the past few years some networks have been skipping a week(s) of the show early in the season. So you may only see 4 weeks of shows in a 6 to seven week period. The producers of these shows are not happy about it. They feel that the viewer is not able to follow along as closely if you see 2 weeks worth, have week off, 2 more weeks of shows, week off, 2 more shows etc. Thats why this year the producers of Lost are splitting the season. They have given the network about 6 shows now and will deliver the rest of the season later. This way the networks are forced to show the episodes back to back with only one time block off and the viewer does not have to guess if the show will be a repeat or not. There was another show mentioned in the article doing ghte same as Lost but I cannot remember what it was.

How are these networks suppose to unVAIL all these new shows when they miss weeks?

Seriously, last year they did that to that show Invasion which I liked! It eventually became almost every other week. You know the writings on the wall when that happens..

Damn Joe, I thought you were talking about Friday night qualifying when I saw the thread title!
I hadn`t heard that NBC was pulling the show, we`ve watched a couple episodes and I like it, the preview for next weeks show looks pretty good.

Damn Joe, I thought you were talking about Friday night qualifying when I saw the thread title!
I hadn`t heard that NBC was pulling the show, we`ve watched a couple episodes and I like it, the preview for next weeks show looks pretty good.

That would be a Great promotion for the Friday night qualifying now that I think of it!:eek:

They are still filming here in Austin as of today. They were at a place near where I work and I went by the other day to check it out and see what they were filming. Some of the crew members said they were filming scenes for the show and would be there for a few more days. They have really put a bunch into making the show and I would hate to see it cancelled

According to the lates ratings from USA today; Friday night lights was last in it's timeslot. I bet it doesn't last thru Nov. sweeps.:confused:

According to the lates ratings from USA today; Friday night lights was last in it's timeslot. I bet it doesn't last thru Nov. sweeps.:confused:

Always dragging up last and totally in the dark I haven't even heard of Friday Night Lights or Invasion!
I have so little TV time and I usually miss Driving Force even when I have the chance to watch it.
Lord knows they forgot to give me a handbook about getting old .
That or I forgot where I left it !
I wonder what the Hell's else I'm missing!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back