Schedules for Friday (1 Viewer)

NYNitro86

Nitro Member
I noticed in the past few years, the schedule of the SuperNationals at E-Town is getting shifted around, i remember when in 2004, it sorta followed the schedule that it followed previously with pro stock @ 7:30 Eastern Time, I remember a couple years back the Fuel Cars would be scheduled for 7:30 way before the sun set, and it seems like everyone is lucky if you get a "TRUE" Night Session, that is if you have a lot of stoppages in play case in point last year when the first pair of Funny Cars Friday night blasted off a little after 8pm edt when the 2 previous years it was 7:30ish edt. but it seems like Nightime Qualifying is a dying breed especially because I remember Mike Dunn Saying on NHRA Raceday from E-town in 2007 because of the great qualifying sessions in the fuel classes on friday night, teams were complaining about the unfair advantage with night racing and wanted it out entirely, now it seems like the only real guaranteed nighttime qualifying events are Bristol and Denver and maybe Indy. Everything else is if the fans are lucky due to many stoppages in play later in the day and hopefully no major schedule shuffling (last year's nationals @ E-Town, the pro mods had their first session right after comp round 1, and their second session was moved to after top fuel but was cancelled because of all the lights going out on the Goodyear side of the track that put down time for a half hour and the infamous raceway park "10/10" noise curfew (no engines between 10pm and 10am friday and saturday) until the remaining 3 top fuel teams decided to run with 1 side of lights.) that puts something like Comp or Pro Mod after the 2nd pro session so they are the "last ones" for the night.

I'm someone who loves the night session and when Raceway park is getting shafted from it when it is what makes them famous (Remember the days when there was SATURDAY NIGHT QUALIFYING along with Friday???) it makes me wonder on why NHRA is somewhat turning me off even though i keep hope in it all year by year, this is one case where I hope NHRA does battle with IHRA by putting out a "Night of Fire" style session for friday nights they can show the I-side how it's down, especially when i remember a couple nationals @ e-town in the late 90s with Jim Neilson's Jet Mercedes limo to wrap up racing.

Just my rant

You can scatch Indy off that list too.

It's more like a early early evening session. We might as well run at 12 & 3pm if they are going to keep doing that.

You can scatch Indy off that list too.

It's more like a early early evening session. We might as well run at 12 & 3pm if they are going to keep doing that.

exactly, sometimes you gotta keep an aspect that garners the most fans, nighttime qualifying is that, IHRA still has the upper hand on it and there's only ONE Nitro class in top fuel where NHRA has 2.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back