Pomona NHRA Finals (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
I see that there are two Fuel qualifying sessions tomorrow (Friday). That's great news. Last March the Winternationals just had one Friday Fuel session. That was a new deal that made Friday not as enjoyable for us fans. I remember when for years both Pomona events always had one Fuel session on Thu, one on Fri, and two on Sat. Two each on Fri and Sat is by far the best. I'm looking forward to going tomorrow (and also attending the Night of Champions tomorrow night at the NHRA Museum) and also going on Sunday for one last Big Day at the drags for 2023.

I see that there are two Fuel qualifying sessions tomorrow (Friday). That's great news. Last March the Winternationals just had one Friday Fuel session. That was a new deal that made Friday not as enjoyable for us fans. I remember when for years both Pomona events always had one Fuel session on Thu, one on Fri, and two on Sat. Two each on Fri and Sat is by far the best. I'm looking forward to going tomorrow (and also attending the Night of Champions tomorrow night at the NHRA Museum) and also going on Sunday for one last Big Day at the drags for 2023.
Yeah I assumed it was just one qual on Fri so I made no plans to attend Fri. But then I checked and saw that there were 2 so last minute, I changed my plans to be there Fri - Sun.

I just got off the phone with the museum; He said there will not be a night of champions Friday night. He said they are planning to do one for the Winters.

That's a real shame about the Night of Champions. Also, that is unusual that the Museum is not open at least until 6pm during a race. Well, I guess now I don't have to rush eating my delicious quesadilla from El Merendero after the race.

I see In-N-Out Lynsi is qualified #12 in Top Sportsman with a 6.79 at 203 mph. That would be quite interesting if she went some rounds over the weekend. But, I think she only races at Pomona, so she sure doesn't get much "seat time" to practice racing her car.

I see In-N-Out Lynsi is qualified #12 in Top Sportsman with a 6.79 at 203 mph. That would be quite interesting if she went some rounds over the weekend. But, I think she only races at Pomona, so she sure doesn't get much "seat time" to practice racing her car.
While she doesn’t run a full schedule she does run the car a few times throughout the year. She ran the Bandimere regional in June and both of the Vegas events the last two weekends. I’m sure there are some other events on the west coast that she raced as well.

a while back someone mentioned they thought krista baldwin would be coming back on tour for some of last few races.
that never seemed to materialize. now see her in TAD this weekend....... maybe she did run one the C races and not qualify? can't remember.

a while back someone mentioned they thought krista baldwin would be coming back on tour for some of last few races.
that never seemed to materialize. now see her in TAD this weekend....... maybe she did run one the C races and not qualify? can't remember.
She ran with Palmer in Dallas. I heard they parked their car and are in search of a new car for 2024.

first did you guys see now far clays head moved when the blower let go. i really missed the big screen at half track. lots of great runs today,had a great time .the 2 qualifyers it fun .mostly pro cars on track all day, stayed till the last car ran

first did you guys see now far clays head moved when the blower let go. i really missed the big screen at half track. lots of great runs today,had a great time .the 2 qualifyers it fun .mostly pro cars on track all day, stayed till the last car ran

Sadly, the absence of the half track big screen Friday looks like more evidence of cost-cutting by the NHRA. That, along with no more souvenir programs, no pocket event schedules, and - as far as I could tell - still no return of the NHRA Member's only area. But the lack of the half-track big screen meant no LOUD annoying commercials to listen to all day long. So, it wasn't all bad.

On the other hand, the weather yesterday was very pleasant, and I thought the Friday crowd in the stands was the best I have seen in years. Friday crowds in recent years have been pretty light. And, lots of In-N-Out "Cookout Trailers" (or whatever they call them) with the usual extremely pleasant employees.

I was surprised so many fuel cars had trouble getting ahold of the track in Q1. But not Steven Densham. A big Atta-Boy for that So CA Independant team for a best-ever 3.94 in Q1.

Only 5 cars away from an all 3 second FC field. I fully expect 4 more cars to dip into the 3’s today. With a little luck and star alignment we could get the 5th.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back