Jones makes improvements, qualifies eleventh (1 Viewer)

Pomona, Saturday: Rickie Jones sat outside the field up until the final two qualifying runs. On the third session Jones posted a 6.675 at 206.51 in his Quarter-Max Dodge Stratus, putting him in the show at eighth. Jones fell slightly off his earlier pace with rear end problems in the final session running a 6.696 at 205.79 but stayed in the show at eleventh. Less than seven hundredths spreads the entire Pro Stock field with all 16 cars under 6.70. Tough qualifying competition forecasts an intense battle in eliminations at this final event of the year.

"I'm pretty happy with qualifying eleventh," says Jones. "We probably could have held on to the eighth or ninth spot, too, but the rear gear locked up on that last run. We got the car fixed now, though and we're ready for tomorrow. Larry Morgan and his guys are always good to us. We had to change motors last night and I want to thank those guys for helping us out again. They always do a great job."

Jones is set to face off against a fellow young gun of the sport, Dave Connolly (6th, 6.650 at 208.46) in Sunday's eliminations.

"I'm looking forward to running Connolly tomorrow. This will be our first time running, and I always like to take on new challenges. He's been pretty tough to beat this year, but we're locked and loaded for tomorrow so we're going to give him a good race."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back