Pomona NHRA Finals (1 Viewer)

20231112_165101.jpg

It’s harder than I thought it would be to type on my iphone with my eyes filled with tears. So freaking proud! Sure wish my Dad was here to see this. He first met Connie and his brother (Doug Sr.) in Chesterfield, Michigan in about 1950 when they were in 7th grade, at Art Kalitta’s welding shop after my Dad took his Ford there to have the frame repaired.
So Conrad, Senior and my Dad all hung together in the Modifiers and BearingBurners car clubs in the hood until about ‘57 or so after high school and they started meeting women LOL
Congratulations to the Kalitta family! There’s more than a few angels looking down from heaven. Scott would be so damn proud. All the years, all the great people that have come and gone through the Kalitta doors. Doug Kalitta Jr. is a champion….. again. This is our time. This is our championship.

What a shocker that Alexis did not qualify in AA/FC. Don't remember the last time she had a DNQ. Not as surprised that Del did not qualify since that was a last minute deal with probably an unseasoned all volunteer crew. Still, Del knows how to tune a car and it was a soft bump. Would think he would have been able to run a high 3 something. It would seem that something was off for both cars since she didn't make a decent pass all weekend. Ran out of good clutch disks, maybe?
Those cars have 100's of clutch discs in their inventory and a plan when to test them and rotate them into service.

In years past, the nitro pits at the finals on Sunday night were filled with parties, live music groups, overflowing hospitality areas, shenanigans, and a festive atmosphere.

I just left and it was quiet, empty, dark, desolate. Only the Kalitta pits were active and it mostly just the crews.

No more parties!

So many great stories today.
The Wilkersons going at it in the Funny Car final.
Chad and Hunter Green doubling up
Top Fuel Championship in doubt until the final win light came on.
Matt Hagan winning his fourth FC title and Tony Stewart's first.
Erica Enders gets her sixth Pro Stock championship.

It was a great day.

In years past, the nitro pits at the finals on Sunday night were filled with parties, live music groups, overflowing hospitality areas, shenanigans, and a festive atmosphere.

I just left and it was quiet, empty, dark, desolate. Only the Kalitta pits were active and it mostly just the crews.

No more parties!
The good old days when Worsham, AJ, Lucas, DSR, Scott Palmer all had parties on Sunday night. Worsham usually had a band and brought the nitro engine margarita mixer, Lucas had a band and the In-N-Out Burger trailer, DSR had a band and a really nice dinner "invitation only", Scott Palmer brought the more up to date nitro engine margarita mixer. I may have forgot some... but those were some really good times.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back