Thread for July 24th's shows (1 Viewer)

Two awesome episodes tonight. This is rapidly becoming one of the best reality shows on TV. It appears to focus less on drag racing and more on raising three daughters and attempting to keep a long-term marriage going. Having a 14 year old daughter and wife of 20 years, I can relate to everything in the show. I'm cracking up when John has no clue about the things his daughters say and do and how he reacts to them and I'm almost in tears when he tries to fix up his relationship with his wife and when his daughters actually "contribute" to Uncle Louie's new truck.

I guess I love the show because I can relate to almost everything in the show. I hope that many non-drag racing fans discover the show and discover John, his family and NHRA drag racing.

I also admire John for showing his personal life to the viewing world. I can't imagine a star in any other sport allowing TV cameras into their life to see everything, the good and the bad, about them. John sure isn't a perfect husband or father, but how many of us really are ?

I figured we could start a new thread covering each week's episodes to make it a bit easier to follow on here. See y'all after the shows tonight.

Brent,

I do have one question for you regarding the episodes...

Why are they shown out of order? It's a bit confusing. :confused: For example, last week was episodes 1 & 3 and this week it's episodes 7 & 2.
Drew:
You raise a good point and we are going to address it first thing tomorrow. The episode #'s are really for our internal use and don't truly have a particular order for broadcast...you will come to see episode names/titles instead of a numeric title in the immediate future. Often what happens in ANY TV show, especially real life series like DRIVING FORCE is that you will change the order of episodes that were originally intended so that you can convey information to the viewer at the start of the show's run or even delay an episode so that you have time to learn about the characters before showing you something of their lives. It's late, hope this makes sense, if not ask for more clarification..thanks for watching..Brent

Two awesome episodes tonight. This is rapidly becoming one of the best reality shows on TV. It appears to focus less on drag racing and more on raising three daughters and attempting to keep a long-term marriage going. Having a 14 year old daughter and wife of 20 years, I can relate to everything in the show. I'm cracking up when John has no clue about the things his daughters say and do and how he reacts to them and I'm almost in tears when he tries to fix up his relationship with his wife and when his daughters actually "contribute" to Uncle Louie's new truck.

I guess I love the show because I can relate to almost everything in the show. I hope that many non-drag racing fans discover the show and discover John, his family and NHRA drag racing.

I also admire John for showing his personal life to the viewing world. I can't imagine a star in any other sport allowing TV cameras into their life to see everything, the good and the bad, about them. John sure isn't a perfect husband or father, but how many of us really are ?
J.C. Thanks for the dead on observations about the show...this is exactly what we hoped you all, the race fans would enjoy...we too hope that this turns a whole new audience on to the NHRA Powerade Drag Racing series...the folks at NHRA have been great to us in opening the doors to your sport and we're very appreciative..
take care and thanks again for the great words..brent

John sure isn't a perfect husband or father, but how many of us really are ?

That is what makes a champion so captivating. Most of us play many roles: Spouse, parent, friend, employee/er. We are many things to many people. A champion does one thing and does it better than anyone; everything else is secondary.

Thanks to John, Brent, everyone at JFR and A&E for making such a great show.

I can't imagine a star in any other sport allowing TV cameras into their life to see everything, the good and the bad, about them.

I know they're not in sports, but they are well known people.... Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown (They live in the next town over from me) did and it was a total wreck. I caught it channel surfing one night and it was horrible. I was embarrassed for them, mostly for Whitney.

Last edited:
This is rapidly becoming one of the best reality shows on TV. It appears to focus less on drag racing and more on raising three daughters and attempting to keep a long-term marriage going. Having a 14 year old daughter and wife of 20

I've seen a couple of ads for the show and interestingly enough, they're not referring to it as a 'reality show', but rather a 'real life show'. I like the distinction between the two.

"I've heard of Louie Force for years but never had seen what he looked like!"
Joe, Louie is a funny guy and very proud of his little brother,"Stopped his truck in the middle of the street because he saw me wearing a really old Force tee," And he has some great stories to tell. :cool:

I LOL'd at the beginning of the first half hour when they're all in the car going to buy Louie a birthday present. He's telling the girls he's going to teach them to negotiate. (I could see it coming) Of course they protest and one of them says, 'like you can't go into Nordstroms, and say.... I'll give you $50." - I can just see THAT happening! He procedes to ask why and then tells them he does it all the time, that's how he buys his underwear. Ashley is grossed out about that and asks him if he buys them at swap meets. I'm already chuckling (I know kids who would have said the exact thing) then she hits him with "That would explain your itching'. (Which is also something these kids would say). I was laughing out loud over that. Not sure if John even picked up on it.

I know it's billed as real life TV. I'm not sure how much of it is scripted. But the girls are totally believable with their remarks. (Except I don't really see the three of them sitting together by the pool with their feet in the water on any given day) ;)

Laurie took a bit of a hit from them. Should be interesting to see where that leads.

I was a bit unsure last week. I liked this week a lot more. When (and I'm sorry, I still get two of them mixed up... Courtney & Brittany) brought half of what she earned from her first paycheck from racing, my heart smiled. I can only imagine what Force felt.

All in all, there were some parts of these two episodes that were very touching.

(Personally, I could have done without hearing Jesus Christ used as an explative, but not beeped, especially since the guy prays with his team and for his family before racing) Me thinks his cussin' might be dealt with by the family in time. ;)

The date was priceless. I choked up in his top end interview after winning Joliet, when he said he went racing and left a good woman behind, then dedicated the win to Laurie. Seeing it again last night, made me feel the same way.

Hope you'll give US some more feedback on the ratings again this week Brent.

Good job!

During the first episode last night John said that his parents migrated to California during the Depression in the 30's but didn't say where they migrated from. Anybody know exactly where his folks came from?

I'm cracking up when John has no clue about the things his daughters say and do and how he reacts to them...
That was great when John was trying to persuade the girls to each put up $1,000 or even a few hundred for Louie's H-D truck and Courtney said that was like a third of the price of the Juicy purse she wants. John's like 'a Juicy whaaat'? :D

During the first episode last night John said that his parents migrated to California during the Depression in the 30's but didn't say where they migrated from. Anybody know exactly where his folks came from?

Dustbowl: Ok, Kansas, Midwest in the Thirties... Heck, that why California became the state it is... :)

But I could be wrong... time frame is right

That was great when John was trying to persuade the girls to each put up $1,000 or even a few hundred for Louie's H-D truck and Courtney said that was like a third of the price of the Juicy purse she wants. John's like 'a Juicy whaaat'? :D

That's ridiculous in my opinion, wanting to buy an overpriced purse for herself rather than give a gift to her uncle. Especially because it doesn't look like they are working for the money (aside from her winnings, which she probably didn't tune the car, set up the timers or anything).

That's ridiculous in my opinion, wanting to buy an overpriced purse for herself rather than give a gift to her uncle. Especially because it doesn't look like they are working for the money (aside from her winnings, which she probably didn't tune the car, set up the timers or anything).
But she came across, Jenn. She gave him 1/2 of her earnings from that win. That counts for something, in my book. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back