Force Shop Rattled By Quake (1 Viewer)

Time for John to invest in some earthquake putty. The wife uses that on anything on a wall or shelf. She lost all of her crystal in the 87 quake.

....and why should we care? I can see a day when his PR machine decides to tell us he has changed his brand of toilet paper and we all should be interested.

Mark
p.s. The quake also shook Brad Anderson's shop and may have jiggled Don Prudhomme's palatial estate in Vista.

I rushed home after I heard about the quake on the radio but luckly I did not sustain any damages, just the iron board and cd's scattered on the floor. I was on the 15 Fwy during the shake so I did not feel the 5.4 trimmer. Too bad about the broken tropheys at the Force shop. Wasn't there a FC named Shake and Rattle?

....and why should we care? I can see a day when his PR machine decides to tell us he has changed his brand of toilet paper and we all should be interested.

I care! Then again, I like John. Mark, did you catch which TP he uses? We're considering a change in our household.

If he was like Gene Simmons he would have Force t/p . I sure Gene has Kiss t/p and it's trademarked. There is a man who knows how to market himself.

Is there anything Force won't do for publicity. First he doesn't paint his car for Sonoma, second he arranges an earthquake in LA... what's next, a guest appearance on Dancing With the Stars..... an affair with Paris Hilton..... a date with Tony Romo???? This guy is pathetic!! :rolleyes:

PS. The above should be taken in the most sarcastic way possible.

PPS. Force's PR crew deserve EVERY buck the earn. They are worth their weight in gold. More power too them!

Mark
p.s. The quake also shook Brad Anderson's shop and may have jiggled Don Prudhomme's palatial estate in Vista.

We should care because a) whether one likes it or not John Force is the face and ambassador of drag racing; b) he earned those trophies and awards honestly through hard work; and c) he's a fellow human being and we wouldn't wish that anyone.

I was in Brea about 3 miles from the epicenter when it hit. At first it didn't seem like it was going to be that bad and suddenly WHAM, two big jolts.

My shop is about 9 miles southwest of the epicenter near the Santa Ana river bed across from Anaheim Stadium. It's an area scoped out for liquifaction during a major quake. One of the expansion joints in the concrete floor opened up a bit but that's it.

The news indicated that the Yorba Linda COSCO which is practically across the street from JF Racing had several plasma TV's that were on display go crashing to the floor. Force's shop is about 3 or so miles south of the epicenter.

RG

Mark

Well, back on the East Coast it's 'kinda hard to relate to an earthquake at the "retail" level. Whether it's JFR or the Snake, these few photos make it real.
I didn't think of it as a public relations move???

PS: I happened to be in Southern California a couple weeks after the Nothridge quake (it was mostly cleaned up <from the Highway> by then) but it didn't become real FOR ME until I drove by the remains of that famous Highway bridge out in Antelope Valley. VERY SCARY!

Grew up in SoCal believing Two Important Things....

Never Breathe Air You Can't See

Never Stand On Ground That Doesn't Move...

okay one More Thing...

I-5 is NOT the quickest way downtown between 3AM and 10PM...

Glad things came out better than first reports.

d'kid
missing SoCal... but not too much

I was in Brea about 3 miles from the epicenter when it hit. At first it didn't seem like it was going to be that bad and suddenly WHAM, two big jolts.

My shop is about 9 miles southwest of the epicenter near the Santa Ana river bed across from Anaheim Stadium. It's an area scoped out for liquifaction during a major quake. One of the expansion joints in the concrete floor opened up a bit but that's it.

The news indicated that the Yorba Linda COSCO which is practically across the street from JF Racing had several plasma TV's that were on display go crashing to the floor. Force's shop is about 3 or so miles south of the epicenter.

RG

Yeah the COSTCO got hit pretty hard. One of my old Supervisors from here in Colorado at the location I managed, is the Marketing Manager at that store. He say's that Laurie is a Frequent Shopper there.

I am glad everyone is OK... Merchandise can be replaced... Trophies like the ones Damaged at JFR are just an OBJECT. What matters most is that nobody was hurt at the shop!:cool:

Glad your ok Randy!

Timmah

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back