A Forceful John Force (2 Viewers)

Powerful words at the end about Ashley... paraphrasing, if it shakes and you dont lift and we see it on the computer, I will park you!

Great intro as always Bobby

great interview! but john said to his drivers #1 you get it in the show and you park it. does that mean jfr will not race on sunday? i hope robert will.

If you read the entire article, and it is LONG. With all the issues they had, John just doesn't want to make any more apses then they have too. He means once they are solid in the field, then park the race cars until Sunday.

Good to hear Papa John's take on things...
I take it for now Robert and Mike are parked until Sunday Morning... Phil's got to run... but will they pull Princess out of line if she's still 11 or 12 by her pair?

3 main rails sounds intriguing.

And that people will work with JFR because they Will Not Sue... That is refreshing to hear...:)

I take it for now Robert and Mike are parked until Sunday Morning... Phil's got to run... but will they pull Princess out of line if she's still 11 or 12 by her pair?

And that people will work with JFR because they Will Not Sue... That is refreshing to hear...:)

Karl, I took it to mean that Robert would run all 4 Q's in the Plueger car and the others wouldn't as long as their spot in the field is secure.

Karl, I took it to mean that Robert would run all 4 Q's in the Plueger car and the others wouldn't as long as their spot in the field is secure.

well, in the last 5 paragraphs John did contradict himself several times... I just re read it the 4th time and now I'm totally confused... but... sounds like they are going to make all 4 hits with the Plueger and Gyger 'stang...

or maybe not...
John did say he told his Drivers once they were in no more hits...

d'kid

Wow...........But that is John.

My Dad was the same way.

He was a Steeplejack (actually did the rigging for others to be able to ascend and work...........safely.

I know that this sounds impossible but it is true

He fell 45' the year I was born.....1955.

got impaled on a spire fence surrounding the building.

It went through his arm near the armpit.........and broke his fall:eek:

It would have been another 25' down to a concrete basement entrance stairwell...........

He was critically injured and endured almost a year in the hospital.

The family helped my Mom to get through and my Dad refused to sue his employer or anyone else.......actually threw a Attorney out of his hospital room more than once.

His employer was his friend, and he was loyal to the core.

He also blamed himself for taking an unnecessary risk and being in a hurry ....he put the responsibility on himself.

In this day and age that is quite rare........

It's great to see these people still exist.

REX

That was a great interview. I found many parts of that interesting and I am glad to see everyone really focused on safety and safety being priority #1.

How would that be?........Julie Russell does not own a race team.

REX

Maybe 'dig' was the wrong word. I think John was trying to make a very straightforward point, because some people like to sue. It's only my opinion, but I think John's statement came about because of Julie's actions.

What I said had nothing to do with race team ownership.

JFR says "We don't sue"

Julie Russell sued NHRA & Goodyear. I don't think Darrell would have ever wanted that.

Last edited:
Great article! This just cracked me up:
and Burkhart has impressed me so much that I think Coil likes him better than me. He said his mouth doesn’t run all the time.
:D

Great article! This just cracked me up: :D

That whole section cracked me up:

Let’s put Neff in, let’s put Burkhart in, and Burkhart has impressed me so much that I think Coil likes him better than me. He said his mouth doesn’t run all the time. But the kid just got in my car, and drives by the book, and he’s such a sweetheart. Neff is too, so I’ve got good people helpin’ me get the job done for all these sponsors like Castrol, who are sayin’, What’s goin’ on here John.
:D:cool:

Go Phil! (Of course, they'll need to learn to spell Burkart without an "h", but that's okay, it's ink...)

Maybe 'dig' was the wrong word. I think John was trying to make a very straightforward point, because some people like to sue. It's only my opinion, but I think John's statement came about because of Julie's actions.

What I said had nothing to do with race team ownership.

JFR says "We don't sue"

Julie Russell sued NHRA & Goodyear. I don't think Darrell would have ever wanted that.

Agreed

REX

This was a great article!

The article indicates that John will not have another Heat Treated car. (Quote: Is this going to be a totally normalized tubing car, or will this be a heat treated tubing car? JF – No, I won’t have another heat treated car ever. He also mentioned the Scelzi “You know, everybody got in a huff, with the reporting, and (Gary) Scelzi – and he ain’t wrong – but he’s like me, he deals from the heart and we don’t want to put everybody in a panic.” He later states that “The Plueger car, I never had any problems in all the years I ran one, and we bought one, we bought a car back from the guy we sold it to, and Jimmy (Prock) had both cars ready to run and he ran that seventy-five in the Plueger car testing and he said I want to run the Plueger car. He’s got the other one to switch back to (if he needs it). Not because we believe it’s better, but the truth is there ain’t no problems, so I’be got to sit here and say if I’m not going to run the others I might as well run the Plueger car. The bottom line is Coil said something else. When these chassis were built 20 years ago we made 2,500 horsepower. Now we make 8,000 or better and they’re the identical chassis (other than) the roll cage and a slip tube and a few uprights being moved, and there ain’t nothin’ different (from the old chassis).”

Conclusion: It appears to me that Merf is going to start building his car with 4130N and add a third rail for strength and body containment.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back