Force eyes protective tub as next project (1 Viewer)

Hmmmmmm......Wonder if Ashley will be driving at Richmond.......sounds like maybe.......no??

REX

Hmmmmmm......Wonder if Ashley will be driving at Richmond.......sounds like maybe.......no??

REX

That is my perception of this release, especially if he can not get an updated car for Ashley. It sounds like Team Force will be a one car team in Richmond.

This sounds like Mega$$$! You know anything Force comes with NHRA will mandate out of fear, I can just see the half dozen or so independent teams that run TF/FC decide to sell out and get out of the sport all together than make the King kong investement this will cost!:confused:

I can just see the half dozen or so independent teams that run TF/FC decide to sell out and get out of the sport all together than make the King kong investement this will cost!:confused:

Let's see -- keep Tim Wilkerson safe, or be going to his funeral....

Gosh, it's just so hard to choose between the two. :confused:

Spend the money, make the cars safer so that we don't lose another Eric, or have another John injured. ANY money spent to make these cars safer is VERY worth it to me.

Joe, relax, I don't believe the sky's falling just yet. We're not talking about going to complete monocoque cars like in other series. I think some sort of tub to encapsule the driver could be developed without ending up destroying all the smaller teams. In the long run, it will be worth it.

It'll will be interesting to see what designs that come out of this....probably has been a long time coming....Plueger, McKinney, Hadman and all should come up with some cool stuff for the future....

Joe racing cost money, it always has and always will. I would think that any team would spend whatever they could to keep there driver safe no matter the cost whether they are a well funded team or an independent team. My dad always has said if you cant afford to do it right, then dont do it at all.

This doesn't have to be expensive, and it sounds like they are on the right track. Additional braces and some tin work to keep the feet area closed off.

Wait a minute....Someone has a crash and we have to re-invent the wheel?
The only cars that have been having problems are Force' stuff...
When was the last time anyone was killed in a Plueger chassis? Never?
This is not everyones problem...it is a JFR problem...
Leave it alone and let em race...

If it saves one life, it was worth it.

I find it interesting that you can so conviently say that this is only a force problem. Just assuming it is, if this can make it safer for everybody then your against it??? Why???

The other thing to think about that if there can be a reasonably priced tub made that will save lives and injuries [Possibly reduce burns????] for funny cars then maybe the technology can be transfered to T/F.

As for price, assuming it cost $50K at the high end as part of a 2-4 million dollar dollar budget is no big deal. Hell they spend more than that in new parts AND it saves lives and injuries too.......... So what is the problem???

jim

PS: Also thought about Bersteins comments that the new safety stuff he put on his car that was developed from the EM crash helped him get out without injury. So maybe it doesn't occur to just team Force or benefit JUST team force.

Jim...I understand what you are saying but there are maybe 10-12 cars that could afford to spend 50k to follow JFR ideas...
The rest would quit...race in IHRA..or run the Newstaglia series...
Look @ the amount of crashes in fuel funny this year....If you re-count em, most of em occured under a certain teams umbrella...

Maybe NHRA needs to consult w/ someone other than McKinney Corp for advice...Last time I spoke w/ Plueger he mentioned they have never called him for his experience/advice in building first-class cars...

I am glad to see Force will race again as he is funny car racing @ its finest...IMO

Let's see -- keep Tim Wilkerson safe, or be going to his funeral....

Gosh, it's just so hard to choose between the two. :confused:

Spend the money, make the cars safer so that we don't lose another Eric, or have another John injured. ANY money spent to make these cars safer is VERY worth it to me.

That's easy, we just won't have that many cars! It amazing how after just one incident, FC's are now considered Death traps!:confused:

Last edited:
That's easy, we just won't have that many cars! It amazing how after just one incident, FC's are now considered Death traps!:confused:

I remember from the old board the raging debates about whether the rails should become extinct because the floppers were "so much safer." They advocated a 32 car flopper field name "Nitro-eliminator."

No they are not death traps. I think the reality here is due to the high level of stress and frequeceny ranges we are putting the chassis through we are in un-charted waters as far as chassis strength and weakness. There is a lot we don't know. I do agree it is not wise to only get your information from one source

So why is it coming to the for front now? Most likely the natural evolution of racing cars. As race cars develop you always find the next weakest link. Perhaps when they stengthened other parts of the chassis this section that broke has now become the weakest part? The reason it may have not broken before was because something else was happening and not pushing it past the threshold of failure. I don't know but given the information that is available and a few years with race cars this would seem a logical evolution. When ever you make something stronger you WILL find the next weakest link.

As for the reduced number of race cars???? Have you been watching what has been happening to the car count? It has been reducing on it's own for the last number of years on it's own. Why? $$$$$$$$$$$$ This is not for the weak of wallet. That is why we have the limited number of owners and super teams. if it was not for F Lucas and E Knoll it would be a hell of a lot less. I can remember a 64 car funny car show, now we have a problem getting 16.............

jim

No they are not death traps. I think the reality here is due to the high level of stress and frequeceny ranges we are putting the chassis through we are in un-charted waters as far as chassis strength and weakness. There is a lot we don't know. I do agree it is not wise to only get your information from one source

So why is it coming to the for front now? Most likely the natural evolution of racing cars. As race cars develop you always find the next weakest link. Perhaps when they stengthened other parts of the chassis this section that broke has now become the weakest part? The reason it may have not broken before was because something else was happening and not pushing it past the threshold of failure. I don't know but given the information that is available and a few years with race cars this would seem a logical evolution. When ever you make something stronger you WILL find the next weakest link.

As for the reduced number of race cars???? Have you been watching what has been happening to the car count? It has been reducing on it's own for the last number of years on it's own. Why? $$$$$$$$$$$$ This is not for the weak of wallet. That is why we have the limited number of owners and super teams. if it was not for F Lucas and E Knoll it would be a hell of a lot less. I can remember a 64 car funny car show, now we have a problem getting 16.............

jim

Excellent post Jim..........My take exactly!!!!!!

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back