Force coverage (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Well with the first win by a female in FC coming on the heels of Danica's win. Many here have wondered what if any outside media coverage we'd get

Espn has it on the headlines on their front page

cool, lets just hope ashley gets the same coverage danica did in the mainstream media, letterman, leno, nbc nightly news 2 nights in a row, usa today ect ect. if not , we all witnessed history, totally awesome for ashley and the entire team force. what that team has been through in the last year they all deserve this history!

Well with the first win by a female in FC coming on the heels of Danica's win. Many here have wondered what if any outside media coverage we'd get

Espn has it on the headlines on their front page

I was just on ESPN.com and I see nothing on their front page about Ashley's victory. The NBA playoffs and the NFL draft have the headlines.

I was just on ESPN.com and I see nothing on their front page about Ashley's victory. The NBA playoffs and the NFL draft have the headlines.

It's there.... but it's not a major headline.

aforce.jpg

Chicago Tribune put an article about Ashley on the back page of their Sports section.
Danica was on the newspaper's front page.

Lee
Nitroclovers

Chicago Tribune put an article about Ashley on the back page of their Sports section.
Danica was on the newspaper's front page.

Lee
Nitroclovers

It figures, that's how alot of main stream press treats dragracing, it probably would have made alot more news if Ashley took about 5 to 10 years, and a lot of crying like Danica did before she won her first race.
BTW Danica was a DNF in her race on sunday.

sportscenter showed it this morning

I thought I was going blind, thanks Brian. I hate to say this, but Danica's victory last week has received a ton more press then Ashley's. Danica's victory was on every local channel last week and I didn't see a thing about Ashley's victory last night. I can't say I am surprised and I kind of expected this since women have been winning in the NHRA for years.

I think all the press Melanie got last year with CBS Sunday morning, the ESPY's, etc... The media figures we already covered a Lady Drag racer!

Okay, it wasn't a headline, but it was on the first page of the LA Times sports section. :D Good article too!
Ashley Force defeats her dad to make NHRA funny car history - Los Angeles Times

Remember that when Wally died last year, his LA Times obit was a half-a-page-that's a huge obit. It sad the price of real estate closed down so many So-Cal tracks and have driven so many race teams to Indy, but So-Cal was the birthplace of hot rodding and drag racing, so the best media coverage should come there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back