I'm officially......tired of it (1 Viewer)

sparky

Nitro Member
First of all, I have always been a huge fan of John Force and his team and I will continue to be so but the ESPN coverage (or over-coverage) of the Force team leaves me cold.

Wilkerson and Tolliver(to mention a couple) ran stellar numbers today and barely got a mention. Folks, that is plain wrong. There are other teams out there that could use the exposure. Their futures just might depend on it considering the state of the industry right now. On a positive note it was nice to see Bob Vandergriff finally get a little. Talk about long overdue!

A lot of teams are hanging on by a thread and need the exposure to keep their backers in the game. It may soon become a life or death situation. Then again, maybe not. I'm not privy to anyone's deals but common sense would tell me that a bit of coverage would do wonders for a (company's) return on investment.

I'm as happy as anyone that Force made yet another great last session pass to get himself in. Enough already, ESPN needs to spread it around... Now!

It wasn't nearly as bad as last year, but John's recovery is a legitimate story.

While I feel the majority of folks on the Mater are diehards who can tell you body types, crew chiefs, and the last win for a driver in any category, America is not that way.

If ABC would do what I wanted then Brothers and Sisters would consist entirely of Calista Flockart in a tshirt.

what john and that team has been through, i dont care if hes interviewed after every run. i knew the anti force babble would start already, just like it did after pomona last feb about ashley, no one on here says anything about tony $humacher getting interviewed more than anyone in top fuel. and how many times are we going to hear about 5 in a row? with that said i do agree about lack of interviews for a lot of the drivers. tim wilk, scotty k , w.j and the big mph hes got this weekend, no real looks at the new gxp's but im sure "trackionary" wiill be on tomorrow telling us what a burnout is :D its espn folks lets deal and hope all are safe today.

And somewhere along the way I guess we've forgotten that our favorite sport is delivered to us in a 3 Hour Platter, and all we have to do is butter the popcorn, kiss the wife, or right the allimony check during commercials.

And somewhere along the way I guess we've forgotten that our favorite sport is delivered to us in a 3 Hour Platter, and all we have to do is butter the popcorn, kiss the wife, or right the allimony check during commercials.

That's what I'm talking about !
There are stars and Superstars in this business and the Force's are the Superstars.

I hope Seltzi Says returns and the answered NHRA question's.
Thats a good segment to spotlight a Driver or Crewchief every week.

Doug Herbert and his loss got a lot of ink as he should have.
Not much worse can happen than to loose half your family in an instant.
It's a good time to reflect on what you have.
God Speed Jon and James !

I was very happy with the coverage.
The cars were awesome and how about that Rookie Antron Brown.
Lee could barely contain himself.
Miss Whitt though.

And somewhere along the way I guess we've forgotten that our favorite sport is delivered to us in a 3 Hour Platter, and all we have to do is butter the popcorn, kiss the wife, or right the alimony check during commercials.

Don't forget to add that it starts 10 to 20 minutes late because of a slow running game aired before it:p

Don't forget to add that it starts 10 to 20 minutes late because of a slow running game aired before it:p

Although I understand that more teams need the exposure. John Force is "the story" of NHRA right now. And ESPN like any other sports venue will follow "the story". Just for a quick example we had friends over to our home last night. And we were watching some of the qualifying. My friend was watching with some interest but when Force came up for a run. He perked up and started asking questions about "that crazy guy with the good looking daughters".....That's the point...Force brings non racing fans in...And then once their watching maybe you can hook them into being an everyday fan....

Okay, from the view point of the unwashed masses... they hit the stories they needed to hit...

Hubby and wife in same pro class... and so help me, if gary g asks TJ sometime during the day "Melanie qualified and you didn't, how do you feel?" I'd deck him... why doesn't he ask the real question, "How are you going to spin XXXYYY to be a good thing while I stick a camera in your face while I know you're upset?"

Shoe going for 5 in a row is a story, just like the Pats going for the perfect record... John getting back in the car and getting in the show is a legit story. As a JFR fan, it's nice... but, after today, when we'll see all the same stories repeated... ENOUGH already.

Stories missed and will never be aired; Mister Knoll's med issues and taking the year off, and how it has effected PRO racing overall... cost and legal rules of Nitro, and the reasons why.

The change to both the 'C' word and qualifying format and why it really happened... and why they just didn't drop Friday night qualifying...

d'kid
more later, have to go figure how much I still owe Uncle Sugar:(:eek:

I thought it was nice not having to deal with the countdown overkill that we were subjected to the second half of the year last year. It was also good to see them bring back John Kernan. I was happy to see Hillary and Bob V get some air time last night. Paul Page needs to get more excited when a car runs 334 miles per hour.

When you watch Nascar do they show Kyle Petty all the time? Nope. They hardly even mention him until he wrecks on lap 3. But its nonstop Dale Jr, Gordon, Jimmie J, Smoke, etc.

Why does the NFL chose not to televise Raiders games except in CA? Or show Dolphins games this year outside of Miami?

Last time I checked, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays were a mlb baseball team but no one would really know unless you live in Tampa.

Like someone up above said, the Force family are the superstars of the sport. Granted I do believe that when someone does something good or has something happen they should get coverage no matter who they are but the fact of the matter is it may matter to us hard core fans but to the general fan that just catches it on tv, they could care less. You cant blame NHRA or ESPN b/c they are just doing there job.

First of all, I have always been a huge fan of John Force and his team and I will continue to be so but the ESPN coverage (or over-coverage) of the Force team leaves me cold.

Wilkerson and Tolliver(to mention a couple) ran stellar numbers today and barely got a mention. Folks, that is plain wrong. There are other teams out there that could use the exposure. Their futures just might depend on it considering the state of the industry right now. On a positive note it was nice to see Bob Vandergriff finally get a little. Talk about long overdue!

A lot of teams are hanging on by a thread and need the exposure to keep their backers in the game. It may soon become a life or death situation. Then again, maybe not. I'm not privy to anyone's deals but common sense would tell me that a bit of coverage would do wonders for a (company's) return on investment.

I'm as happy as anyone that Force made yet another great last session pass to get himself in. Enough already, ESPN needs to spread it around... Now!

i was tired of the forces last year between john and ashley it was a little much. john is great but enuff is enuff give the other hard working teams some love too... :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back