Finally! JFR Major Announcement Thursday Jan. 15th (1 Viewer)

Haha, all the Al-Anabi and Evan Knoll talk around here, and we forgot all about ol' Mike Ashley!
I think Mike meant well, he gave a lot to charity but I can't condone his actions everything he was doing was illegal, I guess he associated with people that did business that way and got caught.

I think Mike meant well, he gave a lot to charity but I can't condone his actions everything he was doing was illegal, I guess he associated with people that did business that way and got caught.

Did he sponsor a ton of people like Knoll did and then back out? I dont seem to remember him pulling the plug and alot of people (racing wise) being effected.

Did he sponsor a ton of people like Knoll did and then back out? I dont seem to remember him pulling the plug and alot of people (racing wise) being effected.

Obviously, and I say this with all due respect, you aren't aware of the details behind either one of these "situations". Knoll was a flat out thief, and if you believe that Mike was an incident bystander with his business, then someone will need to break the whole Easter Bunny thing to you too.

No he didn't. What he did do, however, was race on money made off shoddy lending practices that contributed, in part, to the real estate crisis that continues to affect our nation this day. All in all, that affected more people than the Sheik and Evan Knoll combined.

No he didn't. What he did do, however, was race on money made off shoddy lending practices that contributed, in part, to the real estate crisis that continues to affect our nation this day. All in all, that affected more people than the Sheik and Evan Knoll combined.

Shoddy? They were criminal. And the criminals he was associated with in his criminal enterprise weren't a mystery to him. It was his dad.

Obviously, and I say this with all due respect, you aren't aware of the details behind either one of these "situations". Knoll was a flat out thief, and if you believe that Mike was an incident bystander with his business, then someone will need to break the whole Easter Bunny thing to you too.
I never said that his actual business was on the up and up. Where did I say he was an innocent bystander? Obviously they weren't if the law got involved. Im just saying, when he pulled out his car was the only one on the sideline. Not numerous cars like Evan Knoll did.

I never said that his actual business was on the up and up. Where did I say he was an innocent bystander? Obviously they weren't if the law got involved. Im just saying, when he pulled out his car was the only one on the sideline. Not numerous cars like Evan Knoll did.

Well, Lend America did sign a couple of deals with NHRA and IHRA. One was the sponsorship of the Northeast Pro-Mod series in '08. And another other was the "official mortgage source of the NHRA" targeting members with low interest mortgages. They did the same thing in 2002 in the IHRA.

A lot of people forget, when Knoll pulled all of his money out (due to the feds breathing down his neck) it was Lend America that stepped up sponsorship of Mel Troxel's PM car.

Dirty hands all over sponsorship money.

Back to original scheduled Forum topic. :) NHRA has allowed JFR to use the Mustang body as the Camaro, as some of us thought previosuly by looking at the drawing. True Camaro body supposedly in the works. http://www.competitionplus.com/drag...o-convert-previous-mustang-body-to-new-camaro

They are surely not going to just slap chev decals on the old mustang body are they? As much as some of you think all the bodies look the same, they don't! The new camaro body in TA looks great! This above image still looks like a mustang despite the decals being changed.

You got that right. I thought I had heard around the time the Alcohol version came out, a Nitro version was next, but you know how that goes. Maybe all the artist had for reference was the Mustang.

One year before Thanksgiving I ordered a funny car body from Roush. Barely got it in time to mount for the Winternationals. I can't imagine waiting for the contracts to be signed, checks to be written, etc., and then be expected to have 3 funny car bodies approved, done, mounted, painted plus graphics by Pomona, let alone spares.

The strange thing is that I remember seeing photo's of what appeared to be a Camaro FC body, with Nitro style spoiler and spill plates on the back at either the PRI or SEMA show, the pics were on Facebook. Definitely didn't appear to be an alky car, and it was around the same time that the first "major announcement" was due from JFR.

So if there is a (true) fuel Camaro Body floating about, a) Who has it and b) is it possible that there will be two specs of the Camaro Racing this year - The Mustamaro and the actual Camaro?

Maybe one of our crafty maters can find a drawing of JFR Mustang and do a side by side comparison with his 2015 Camaro.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back