Finally! JFR Major Announcement Thursday Jan. 15th (1 Viewer)

David, thank you for posting the transcript, but it might have been better to post a link... :)

pretty small lucas oil on there.kind of like honorable mention.guess the lucas $$$$ arent there.but hell,they're wraps.maybe something bigger when the peak dollars run out

Lucas Oil was that size and position when the whole deal was announced by Force and Lucas in the pits at Pomona during the World Finals last fall. It is not a deal to replace Castrol $$$$ by any means, no matter what you may hear.

Lucas Oil was that size and position when the whole deal was announced by Force and Lucas in the pits at Pomona during the World Finals last fall. It is not a deal to replace Castrol $$$$ by any means, no matter what you may hear.
With the amount of oil needed in the racecars, as well as the trucks, I'll bet having an oil sponsor picking up the costs of that alone is pretty significant. Add in Peak with coolant and DEF and it all helps reduce the operational costs.

to what country do the profits get wired to from these "American cars" ?

There is no disputing that at some point, money winds up in Japan's coffers from their Toyota operations in the USA. However, that plant employs thousands on site and thousands more indirectly. Those paychecks pay federal and state taxes, those people buy goods and services, buy houses, etc. The sad fact is, that Toyota could probably still sell nearly as many cars in America as they do now without that plant in Kentucky (or their truck plant in Indiana), but it is MUCH better for us that they do have the plants here.

Let me ask it another way, is it better for Toyota profits to go to Japan while thousands have jobs in America, or is it better for GM's profits to stay in America while thousands of Canadians get paychecks? Been to Detroit lately? Two sides to every coin ...

EDIT: Come to think of it, the last GM vehicle I owned was built in Australia! But hey, it said "Pontiac" on it so it was an American car, right?

Last edited:
With the amount of oil needed in the racecars, as well as the trucks, I'll bet having an oil sponsor picking up the costs of that alone is pretty significant. Add in Peak with coolant and DEF and it all helps reduce the operational costs.
Yes, I noticed Force repeatedly used the word "program" in regards to his Lucas deal. That speaks to me that it is all of or more of a product deal than so much a money deal. Nonetheless, Forrest is a smart guy, and I'm sure he's putting into that program what he knows he'll get out of it with Force.

I have heard that GM is moving everything, all factories, total production to China over the next couple of years, laying off all american labor in the end, anybody here know if this is true

I'm for all American cars in the sport like Dodge!

Ohh Err

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC (and FCA stands for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) and the parent company you guessed it Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V.

Face it you don't like Toyota because it's parent company is Japanese but hey those Italian Dodges are great American iron.

The fact that Toyota is a Japanese company that employs US workers is fine with me.....but it's a Japanese product to me which I will stay away from. I like American cars.
Chrysler has been sort of a beach-ball, being tossed around between German, then Italian companies, (along with that stint with the 3 headed hell hound investment company) and it has survived all of this. The fact that an Italian firm that produces Ferarri would KEEP the Viper, let alone making a serious contender to it's supercar out of the Challenger/Charger (707 horsepower- BABY!) is all the more reason to love Chrysler/Fiat.....or is it Fiat/Chrysler? At least it isn't Damn-U-Chrysler anymore!
p.s. I was wondering when there was going to be a small car replacement that was up to the "caliber" of the Neon (pun intended), and Fiat came through with the Dart. The Avenger made a neat P/S, but I didn't like driving the one my Dad had.....too stiff and cold like a BMW...

I have heard that GM is moving everything, all factories, total production to China over the next couple of years, laying off all american labor in the end, anybody here know if this is true

I can tell you that "a lot" of GM sheet metal and misc. parts that I receive are made in Korea

Georgetown, Kentucky!

I saw a study some years back that classified the Toyota Camry as the most "American" car. It is assembled in the USA from over 90% domestically sourced parts. Whether that is still true or not, I don't know ... But I do know that they still roll a whole lot of Camrys (and Avalons, Venzas, Lexus ESs) down that assembly line in Kentucky ...
The Lexus will be built in Georgetown beginning in late 2015. The ones they are putting together now are for training employees how to build them. The Georgetown plant builds some great cars. I am on my 3rd one from there (a new Avalon)

The fact that Toyota is a Japanese company that employs US workers is fine with me.....but it's a Japanese product to me which I will stay away from. I like American cars.
Chrysler has been sort of a beach-ball, being tossed around between German, then Italian companies, (along with that stint with the 3 headed hell hound investment company) and it has survived all of this. The fact that an Italian firm that produces Ferarri would KEEP the Viper, let alone making a serious contender to it's supercar out of the Challenger/Charger (707 horsepower- BABY!) is all the more reason to love Chrysler/Fiat.....or is it Fiat/Chrysler? At least it isn't Damn-U-Chrysler anymore!
p.s. I was wondering when there was going to be a small car replacement that was up to the "caliber" of the Neon (pun intended), and Fiat came through with the Dart. The Avenger made a neat P/S, but I didn't like driving the one my Dad had.....too stiff and cold like a BMW...

There are 2 lines that are keeping FCA afloat these days and they are; Ram Trucks & Jeeps. Sergio Marchionne is so full of himself & the media just eats it up.

whats going to happen to all the peak drivers that have sponsor deals? is it going to be the same all over again as castrol when force took the same deals away. i do like force i guess its just the way it goes.

I don't know that Force took those away. I believe he was already sponsored when they then went to the super team for a couple of years. Bud had the same thing for a few years as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back