Finally! JFR Major Announcement Thursday Jan. 15th (1 Viewer)

DG

Nitro Member
MEDIA ADVISORY

What: National media teleconference with John Force Racing executives and new sponsor executives announcing multi-year major sponsorship agreement.

What: Thursday, January 15th at 1:30 p.m. ET

Call-in

Information: (855) xxx-xxxx; Conference ID 66366346

Who: John Force, CEO John Force Racing

Robert Hight, President John Force Racing

Sponsor Executives

Tom Compton, President NHRA

[I took out the phone number]

Sneak peak before body was wrapped. ;)

10338803_10204348272359551_593312247251848467_n.jpg

I would think Chevy is going to be giving JFR some kind of financial support. Especially considering he had all those Mustang bodies. And last I checked, FC bodies are not cheap. But I guess we'll find out.

Yeah then he can get out after he wins and slap it with his hat and go "She's really a Ford but nobody knows it!" like the last time he ran a "Chevrolet Cutlass" back in 1994.

I would think Chevy is going to be giving JFR some kind of financial support. Especially considering he had all those Mustang bodies. And last I checked, FC bodies are not cheap. But I guess we'll find out.
Pretty sure they will supply the bodies and tow vehicles and that's about it. Which is a lot less than what Ford was giving them, but better than nothing. We should know the details shortly.

Paul that is pure speculation on your part. ( I love it how guys on here come on with so much supposed knowledge or inside info) I doubt anyone on here knows what the financial part of the equation will be. The obvious part is bodies and support vehicles :rolleyes::D

Dean

YORBA LINDA, CA (January 15, 2015) --- John Force Racing, Inc. and Chevrolet announced today that they will be joining forces to back the 18-time NHRA Funny Car championship team starting with the 2015 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series season. The multi-year agreement will see all three John Force Racing Chevrolet Camaro Funny Cars adorned with the iconic gold bowtie as well as the JFR Top Fuel dragster.

“John Force is a champion and a legend both on and off the track, as a driver and as a team owner,” said Jim Campbell, Chevrolet Vice President for Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. “John Force is a racer’s racer and a fierce competitor, and we are excited to welcome John and his team back to Chevrolet.”

“It is great to be back with Chevrolet. I started my career in a Chevy and my plan is to keep racing with them for many years to come. This is a great American company and we are excited about the opportunities in front of us,” said John Force, CEO John Force Racing and 16-time Funny Car champion.

The first 60 starts of John Force’s illustrious career were behind the wheel of a Chevrolet product. From 1978-80 he raced a Corvette before switching to a Citation (1981-82), Camaro (1983-84), Corvette (1985), and then a Cavalier (1986). Force won the 1994 NHRA Funny Car championship racing a Chevy Lumina to a 50-8 record, 11 finals, 10 wins, and 12 No. 1 qualifiers.

“I won my first round of racing, went to my first final and got my first No. 1 in a Chevy. Since then I have won more rounds, races, championships than anyone in the sport. I have the record for most No. 1 qualifiers too and I can’t wait to get to the Winternationals and start adding to those records in a brand new Chevy,” added Force.

They are surely not going to just slap chev decals on the old mustang body are they? As much as some of you think all the bodies look the same, they don't! The new camaro body in TA looks great! This above image still looks like a mustang despite the decals being changed.

You got that right. I thought I had heard around the time the Alcohol version came out, a Nitro version was next, but you know how that goes. Maybe all the artist had for reference was the Mustang.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back