Finally! JFR Major Announcement Thursday Jan. 15th (1 Viewer)

The strange thing is that I remember seeing photo's of what appeared to be a Camaro FC body, with Nitro style spoiler and spill plates on the back at either the PRI or SEMA show, the pics were on Facebook. Definitely didn't appear to be an alky car, and it was around the same time that the first "major announcement" was due from JFR.

So if there is a (true) fuel Camaro Body floating about, a) Who has it and b) is it possible that there will be two specs of the Camaro Racing this year - The Mustamaro and the actual Camaro?

Oh, you can bet JFR will get the first 6+ bodies. Maybe even up to the first 12-15. Once that thing appears, Chevy won't want to go back to a hybrid of the two unless absolutely necessary, and most certainly won't allow a Mustang to be pulled out of mothballs and put on a JFR chassis. So yeah, there will be two sets of specs, but one will be temporary and will never see the light of day after JFR gets that first big order of Camaro bodies unless they just destroy body after body after body.

If anything, it may have been a mockup, probably with the wing area glassed on the alky version for visual effect. Heck, for all we know it may have been the hybrid version and JFR was doing all of that work prior to there even being an announcement.

force should have pulled some of the firebirds out of storage and wrapped them.will be intresting to see the hybrids at pomona

Just googled Jay Blakes alcohol Camaro F/C and it doesn't look at all like JFR's creation of a Camaro. I personally like the looks of the alcohol Camaro body, hope the fuel body looks that good.

Sorry, can't figure out how to send pictures with this smartphone.

Last edited:
Looking at the Tafc body does nothing. Just like the Tafc Mustang looks nothing like the nitro mustang. The new tafc Camaro is just an updated Monte Carlo. The Monte Carlo body for alcohol has proven to be the best one and they didn't want to get too far away from that.

I get what Force is doing, and he really has no choice. Dave Benjamen made a Chrysler Lebarron out of a Chevy Beretta once. Others have had transgender bodies before but within the same parent company usually.

Ok I have seen pictures of the new body now, It looks decent. They definitely rounded out the nose compared to what they had. Everything else looks the same. Courtney's wrap sure is wild.

Last edited:
10346610_10153082493827059_3036861383647634982_n.jpg
10397986_10153082494012059_2897446664655652085_n.jpg
10924825_10153082494072059_1477853049299479535_n.jpg
10942439_10153082493787059_2778834222473647473_n.jpg

Those are some serious body latches! They don't look that bad I guess. You can hide a lot of lines or deceive the eyes with paint schemes too. From the stands they'll look fine.

Much better than drawing, I'm good with that look hopefully that will relive some of the pain. Well maybe not, lol

Time for a re-think on the graphics layout. I'm a JFR fan, but both John and Robert's car look like tired mash-ups of previous year designs. Courtney's design is wayyy too busy. Brittany's (despite having no major) could've done with some more creative text treatment for her name. DSR's design team nailed it this year - their Funny Cars look really fresh, and the Army car is badass. Would love to see what Blackbeard or Greg Russell could have done with JFR's layouts.

Time for a re-think on the graphics layout. I'm a JFR fan, but both John and Robert's car look like tired mash-ups of previous year designs. Courtney's design is wayyy too busy. Brittany's (despite having no major) could've done with some more creative text treatment for her name. DSR's design team nailed it this year - their Funny Cars look really fresh, and the Army car is badass. Would love to see what Blackbeard or Greg Russell could have done with JFR's layouts.

I must have missed Capps new car because the one I've seen pictures of doesn't look much different than last year.

I could be wrong, but the X was meant to represent 10x Champion (at the time), and then became a 'Next Generation' logo. Capps' design hardly changes from year to year, but it's still a clean look. The 'Make a Wish' and Hagan's design are both really cool.

RG, the big "X" is where Wolfman Jack broadcast from....:D

In the 1960's he broadcast his show just across the border in Mexico at a radio station that was 250,000 watts, 5 times the legal limit allowed in the US on 1090 AM. It was said that his broadcast was not only heard throughout North America, but it was picked up as far away as the Soviet Union. They said that if a bird flew near the broadcast tower it would drop dead from the sky.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back