Exhibition Cars at Indy (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure if Elaine will be there. She crashed the Miller Welding jet dragster Saturday night at Cordova. She walked away, but the car was sustained some heavy damage.

Portland OR. area Darin Bay's Warped Speed Racing 310mph jet dragsters will also be there making exhibition passes.

On a sad note Darin's newest car suffered a catastropic chassis failure on chute deployment during it's maiden voyage in Spokane two weeks ago, it went 216mph through the lights in 2 pieces. Good news is he was at the track the next day, bruised but not broken.

Portland OR. area Darin Bay's Warped Speed Racing 310mph jet dragsters will also be there making exhibition passes.

On a sad note Darin's newest car suffered a catastropic chassis failure on chute deployment during it's maiden voyage in Spokane two weeks ago, it went 216mph through the lights in 2 pieces. Good news is he was at the track the next day, bruised but not broken.

That happened with a Jet car here in Albuq. Several years ago, that thing had a HUGE Chute on it. Snapped one of the frame rails, car was able to stop okay fortunetly!

Very glad they're both ok! Elaine Larsen is really cool - she's been in Bradenton a bunch of times with her Embry Riddle jet dragsters. :)

I seen a hauler at the track today that had the name incinerator jet dragster on the side of it.

Whether you love them for the unique experience, or dislike them for not being 'real' racecars, keep in mind that exhibition vehicals put butts in the seats - and brings 'em back again.
Having spent the summer working with a small market Northwest track, I have a new found appreciation of the behind the scenes financial struggles a new track owner faces. Bracket car entry fees may keep the doors open, but to turn a profit you need those once or twice a year spectators. You have to sell them entertainment - and hot dogs, drinks, T-shirts, etc.
Yes, the raw cackle and sweet smell of nitro grabs us gear heads, but ask a casual first time observer, or your wife and kids what THEY liked / remembered best about the show... and you will have your answer as to the popularity of wheel standers and jets.
After a show we get WAY more families for photos and autographs with the jet, than with our nitro funnycar sharing the same pit space.

You bet I love my nitro, but these exhibition vehicals are pretty COOL ENTERTAINMENT.

Whether you love them for the unique experience, or dislike them for not being 'real' racecars, keep in mind that exhibition vehicals put butts in the seats - and brings 'em back again.
Having spent the summer working with a small market Northwest track, I have a new found appreciation of the behind the scenes financial struggles a new track owner faces. Bracket car entry fees may keep the doors open, but to turn a profit you need those once or twice a year spectators. You have to sell them entertainment - and hot dogs, drinks, T-shirts, etc.
Yes, the raw cackle and sweet smell of nitro grabs us gear heads, but ask a casual first time observer, or your wife and kids what THEY liked / remembered best about the show... and you will have your answer as to the popularity of wheel standers and jets.
After a show we get WAY more families for photos and autographs with the jet, than with our nitro funnycar sharing the same pit space.

You bet I love my nitro, but these exhibition vehicals are pretty COOL ENTERTAINMENT.

and in NJ you have Monster Trucks, Mark says "Yawn!!!" that's how I feel about that.

well the Little Red Wagon is there apparently, no not Bill Maverick Golden apparently it ran in cordova for the WSODR.

Uh oh Darin made a move at the top end and over the wall....

They're reporting that he's going to have to be cut out of the car and will be transported to the hospital for observation, but he's alert and talking to the safety folks. Whew. Hope he'll be fully ok ASAP!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back