Best Seats @ INDY? (1 Viewer)

n/a

Nitro Member
We are looking to go to Indy this year for the 'Nationals' (as spectators),
and our not having been there in many years, what would you now consider to be the best seats?

Should we worry about reserving seats or just go as general admission?

We'll be there Thrs., Fri, & Sat

I hope the link below comes up, it's the track layout off of the NHRA site.

Thank YOU! Larry

http://www.nhra.com/2007/events/race18/track_map.gif

Good questions Larry. I usually go for Friday and Saturday, night time qualifying and fireworks are great. We always get west side reserved tickets, that way the afternoon and evening sun is at your back. Forget reserved tickets for Thursday, they're not necessary at all. What we do is get seats close to the starting line on Friday, and about half track on Saturday. We sit about halfway up both days. Some say the best deal is the Top Eliminator Club seats. The view is down track, no one ever stands up, but you have to buy the whole weekend package I believe. I'm sure others will give their opinions here soon. Bottom line is Indy is the best, wherever you sit.

I sat in the Top Eliminator Club the last 2 years, and it is real good.

You are able to walk down to the GA areas downtrack to watch for a change which is good.

PROS:
Nobody standing up
Lunch on Sat, Sun and Mon
Free Tea, Lemonade and Water
Souvineer pack
No loud, swearing drunken idiots (I am not going this year ;))

CONS
Prices are a little steep.
Too many butt's squeezed into sections
Bathroom lines if you go at the wrong time (was quicker to walk out of the TEC to find one)

Good questions Larry. I usually go for Friday and Saturday, night time qualifying and fireworks are great. We always get west side reserved tickets, that way the afternoon and evening sun is at your back. Forget reserved tickets for Thursday, they're not necessary at all. What we do is get seats close to the starting line on Friday, and about half track on Saturday. We sit about halfway up both days. Some say the best deal is the Top Eliminator Club seats. The view is down track, no one ever stands up, but you have to buy the whole weekend package I believe. I'm sure others will give their opinions here soon. Bottom line is Indy is the best, wherever you sit.
I have to agree with Bob on this, but I don't sit that much, I spent alot of time on the pit side fence. I'm 6'4" so I can see pretty well on both east and west side fences. I,m too antsy to sit very long I guess.

We've done the TEC several years, and my dad won't go to Indy any other way now! I really think it's the best deal out there. The only drawback we found was they do pack you in a bit tight, but I doubt it's tighter than the other seats. For a few extra bucks, you can park right behind the TEC near the staging lanes. They also give a continental-type breakfeast and lunch every day, and it's actually pretty good, and they have coolers of ice tea & lemonade going all day. All in all, it's a pretty good package.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back