Every Junior Dragster Needs One (1 Viewer)

Thanks Charles... That one bad lil puppy... 1/3 scale, bigger than it looked on the video...

oh, I like the new avatar... glad to see TJ landed on his feet:)

d'kid

That video's made the rounds on different forums. It's bad ass. You can read all the details here:

weberprecision1

You really have to work your way through all the parts details to begin to appreciate what it took to build an engine from scratch ( as a kid, I always wanted to know what scratch was and where you got it, because the best model cars were made from it! :D )

Check out the jig he made that enabled him to copy camshaft lobes at the proper scale. He said that engine really isn't optimized because the unblown cam profile was chosen before he decided to go with a blower.

Check out the bender he built JUST to make those headers! It's all under "V-8 Engine Parts"

Junior dragster was my first thought and what I mentioned when this was first posted on the old mater how many years ago? :) Since then, we've kicked around the idea of a top fuel Harley engine in a junior as an exhibition vehicle.

Last edited:
I wanna see the machine that built the crankshaft. I'd also like to know how you balance a crank like that. It takes my Kenworth 5-6 weeks to burn what that one does in an hour.

I think both engines are equally amazing.

Last edited:
For those that are interested here's a url that will offer a lot more information and answer the question of who built it. I've probably kept it for about 2 years, just because it's so impressive. Happy Holidays to all of you.

weberprecision1

~Dan

I think this would make a good jr dragster engine-supercharged, blow thru carb, blow off valve,intercooled,Honda CT-70 engine
91844532912_0_ALB.jpg

Last edited:
I hope these pics show up -I have had alot of trouble posting pics-I can see them fine but others sometimes cannot and I dont understand why

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back