Energy drinks. (1 Viewer)

Bobby

Nitro Member
I know they're a sponsor. I 've got a KB monster hat from last year.
But who here really wants their teenagers drinking that stuff?
and that is who it's marketed to.

My 15 year old tells me of friends with their own little fridges in their rooms stocked with them.

I 've read too many stories of adverse reactions to overuse of them.
And who , who is a teenager, doesn't overuse everything.

My daughter had a sleepover last night and they had bought some. I showed em some stories on the net, and then by chance a story came on the tv about them. They just looked at me. I said hey Daddy isn't just trying to be mean. Take it easy with those things. Have one if you want, but only one.

They didn't have any after that. They have plenty of energy anyway. I 'm the one that needs the monster drink. LOL.

But actually , I had a couple of those during a century bike ride a year or so ago. Because they were actually giving them out at the rest stops every 20 miles. Dumbest, DUMBEST , thing I ever did. Felt good for 5 minutes and then just totally crashed.

these 'energy ' drinks are not sports drinks, and are in fact very dangerous if used that way. Drinking too many caffeinated drinks during an endurance event will dehydrate you and that can kill you.
I know a lot of the old time tour de france riders would drink coke when they were just out of gas, but they also used to stop and drink scotch and have a smoke!

No Prob Bob...

I on the other hand, drink 3 pots of coffee a day laced with sugar, and I've been known to sip a monster or two in the evening, or full throttle, or.... well, you get my drift...

Thing is, seems to help A.D.D., which I've always had... they just didn't have a name for it back in the 60's, so I've drank sweet coffee since I was about 7 or so... speed 'em up to slow 'em down...

Also seem to help me relax, and sleep. Just killed one of those blue monsters, after having a pot of mud during the qualifying show... but it's bed time, gonna grab a book, and I should be out in the next thirty minutes or so...

oh yeah, can't drink Red Bull.... I can't get pass the SMELL...

d'kid

Bob
I agree with you. Kids have energy & don't need that crap.
Our mechanic at work drank one a couple years ago & thought he was having a heart attack,called an ambulance & everything. While that my be a little extreme you get my drift.Heck look at the label on those 5hr energy drinks,they have 2000% daily requirement of B6 & 8833% vitamin B12!

While i don't patronize "energy drinks" too often(usually w/booze), i had a Rockstar thursday afternoon to get me going. That it did, for roughly 3 hours then i crashed for the same amount of time. Also, i must've gone to the can 4-5 times too..had to rehydrate myself with h2o after the fact.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back