Coke giving up energy drink exclusivity in 2013 (1 Viewer)

MHayes

Staff member
Nitro Member
JEGS Racing retweeted it a little while ago and said that Tom Compton confirmed that Coke is giving up the energy drink exclusivity in 2013, thus allowing Red Bull, Monster, etc. to be involved in NHRA drag racing if they choose to do so.

Nice!!

JEGS Racing retweeted it a little while ago and said that Tom Compton confirmed that Coke is giving up the energy drink exclusivity in 2013, thus allowing Red Bull, Monster, etc. to be involved in NHRA drag racing if they choose to do so.

Nice!!

Good luck getting Monster or Rockstar back.

Good luck getting Monster or Rockstar back.

If I recall correctly, they left on their own. Once they left Bernstein and Tolliver, respectively, and chose not to sponsor another team, they knew what the consequences were at that point in time.....regardless, they still chose to leave. They were grandfathered in if they stayed.

At least the door will be open now! Not saying that anyone will walk through it, but it's open ;)

The energy drink fad is waning and thus, the exclusivity is probably a moot point now.

None of them will come to NHRA if they read this board or certain members of the motorsports media based on the way Mello Yello is being treated.

The energy drink fad is waning and thus, the exclusivity is probably a moot point now.

Really? 5 Hour Energy sells over 4 million bottles a week, I guess it's an accident. Rockstar is # 1. They sponsor the Phoenix race track, There home is vegas, we race 2 races a year there. I think I see Rockstar jumping back into the NHRA. This is fantastic news. We may see others come into or back into the sport. Vegas Fuel, 5 Hour Energy, Red Bull, Rockstar, Amp, NOS (I think coke only bottles them). This is fantastic news. The door's wide open.

Really? 5 Hour Energy sells over 4 million bottles a week, I guess it's an accident. Rockstar is # 1. They sponsor the Phoenix race track, There home is vegas, we race 2 races a year there. I think I see Rockstar jumping back into the NHRA. This is fantastic news. We may see others come into or back into the sport. Vegas Fuel, 5 Hour Energy, Red Bull, Rockstar, Amp, NOS (I think coke only bottles them). This is fantastic news. The door's wide open.

I think it would actually help Coke/Mellow Yello if these companies come back.

If these companies come back to sponsor teams it will help raise the visibility and interest in the NHRA and that helps to also raise the visibility and brand awareness of the company and product that is most closely associated with the NHRA. So even though they are to some degree competitors, overall Mello Yello would benefit from these sponsors coming back.

Hopefully Coke is seeing it that way and will not put up any behind the scenes resistance to these companies getting involved with the sport again.

I didn't really consider 5HE as a drink but more of a supplement. I mean it's one swig and you're done. The others OTOH, give you 16 or 32 ounces of a cold beverage you can quench your thirst with.

But I hope you are right. Vegasfuel was fantastic. When Max Naylor let a bunch of us maters visit his pit GTG, I sampled it. It still is probably the best tasting energy drink I have tasted.

Rockstar is cool. I have lots of goodwill toward them for sponsoring Jerry Toliver. I would welcome all those companies back. We just have to keep in mind, these things are not that healthy and I think the public at large has caught on to this. I dunno, maybe it's a California thing.

Companies are putting out new energy drinks right and left, its a pretty popular product with the right demo. Whether or not any are looking to get back into NHRA we'll see, but this is a great move.

None of them will come to NHRA if they read this board or certain members of the motorsports media based on the way Mello Yello is being treated.

Generally speaking, anyone who makes any decisions (marketing or otherwise) based on what they read on a message board is an idiot. Secondarily, they would never do or accomplish anything, because the general tenor of message boards is to focus on the negative or the ridiculous. Lastly, I know people get their panties all in a bunch about what gets written here on the Mater, but this board really is pretty civilized. So, if people think this board is bad, they haven't dipped their toes very deep into the internet waters.

What happened to Max Naylor and company's VEGAS FUEL? Haven't heard much about it lately.

vegasfuel.jpg

Vegas Fuel sponsors the Friday night racing at Beaver Springs Dragway. He sponsors some bracket cars. The drink seems to be doing very well. Max owns the company.

This can only be a good thing all around for the sport of Drag Racing.

This is Exactly what I was thinking, now if we can get the beer wars going again and open up to some other ideas (I've been working on a couple of Adult Beverage (shot kind) as well)

Maybe a light bulb is illuminating....... :)

Where is Max Naylor? He had quite an improved program and was making some noise before it all disappeared. I bet this means he comes back next season now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back