EE To T/F (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

All good points. I just think there has to be a way to do it if they want to go that route. Erica isn’t the first to want this, just brought the most attention to it. The fire suit issue seems like it could be solved, but I wouldn’t know enough about that.

I can see the many downsides to this including impending weather and the fact it has the potential to effect so many rounds of qualifying and race day.

My first thoughts were about one driver to have to work around. Imagine if someday you had 5 or more drivers doing this in tf and fc. That could really drag things down. I don’t think we want a bunch of teams rushing to run these cars. That seems like it could be a big cluster and lead to more problems.

What has always been my concern is driving two dissimilar cars, IE. PS to TF. Or FC to TF or PS. I believe that the instinct on how to correct is potential for disaster.
Now TAFC & FC or TAD to TF would be ok.
Think about it, your driving and something happens 1st you have to think ok what am I in because to drive a PS is worlds apart then a TF car. I know Austin did it but law of averages didn't go into play with short time doing it.
Let's here your thoughts.

But what happens when a driver wants to run FC and TF and they are in the final rounds?
Get out of the funny car, wave "later" to Amanda, hop on pit bike, jump in t/f. Its like hot swapping fighter jets on a carrier. The jet is taking fuel, stores, and a new crew, all at idle. If we can do ut with a 50 million dollar jet in almost no time, surely we can figure this out when its NOT combat.

Or avoid the whole thing and run one class. 🤣. I still think she has done it all in PS so why not just tackle something new? I’d miss her spanking Greg though.
could it be that once she's in top fuel, she's most unlikely to 'rule the roost' like she's done, lo these many years in PS and in the event of a lack of TF results, she will still have PS to fall back on and it seems Greg is the one who's been administering the spankings lately

Think about it, your driving and something happens 1st you have to think ok what am I in because to drive a PS is worlds apart then a TF car. I know Austin did it but law of averages didn't go into play with short time doing it.
Let's here your thoughts.
My thoughts, 1 of 2 things can happen.
1: EE gives up Pro Stock and drives TF. Elite finds a Pro Stock replacement driver.
2: EE stays in Pro Stock and the new TF team gets a TF driver.
No new rules or changes to current rules. Problem solved.

Why not have wheelstanders or other exhibition vehicles on standby to fill in gaps while someone changes a fire suit? Solutions to a problem, not eliminate the problem

If people cant wait, then that team forfeits the round. Hopefully the fans and others will potch a big enough fit about seeing an unexpected evil occurrence we call a bye run that next time, NHRA will wait, or they wont. As a competitor, id be willing to risk it. Statistics say it'd be rare, and if im good enough, i wont be first pair in the first p

My thoughts, 1 of 2 things can happen.
1: EE gives up Pro Stock and drives TF. Elite finds a Pro Stock replacement driver.
2: EE stays in Pro Stock and the new TF team gets a TF driver.
No new rules or changes to current rules. Problem solved.
I think there is more to it than that. They want to promote Erica to TF or they probably are not doing this.

Leave the rule as it is Elite is full of smart people let them figure out the logistics on how to make it work.. If time doesn't permit The car can be warmed up by someone else and firesuits can be changed at the top end in a van. Doesn't seem to be an insurmountable situation.

Leave the rule as it is Elite is full of smart people let them figure out the logistics on how to make it work.. If time doesn't permit The car can be warmed up by someone else and firesuits can be changed at the top end in a van. Doesn't seem to be an insurmountable situation.
changed for what reason on the top end 😈

Look, it's doable. Not easy, but doable.

There was a period here in Australia where we had multiple drivers competing in multiple professional Classes.

Brett Stevens - Top Fuel Harley, Top Doorslammer and Top Alcohol with event wins is all three and championships in Top Fuel Bike from memory)
Ben Bray - Top Doorslammer and Top Alcohol (with championships in both)
Aaron Lynch - Top Fuel, Top Alcohol and Top Doorslammer

It takes a little co-ordination, but Brett Stevens (as an example) had a dedicated crew member who would take a Harley to the top end and park it. He would jump off the Fuel Bike, do any TV and jump on the Harley (which was already running from memory) back to the trailer to change out of the leathers and throw on the firesuit , ride back to the staging lanes where he would jump into the Doorslammer and the crew would take the bike back to the top end. then he would jump out of the doorslammer, onto the Harley and back to the lanes in full race gear including funny car over boots and into the Alky Funny Car.

Of all that time, I think there was only a handful of times that the show was slightly delayed because he was in the final for all three categories. which in itself is a crazy achievement (regardless of what has come to light about his business activities in the time since then).

Just playing devils advocate here, what are you going to do when EE is the last pair in one class and first pair in the other? Sit and wait for her to make the run, go back to the trailer and change clothes (very different firesuit in TF) then come get strapped in to the other car while the whole place just sits on their hands?

She wore a different suit in the Pro Mod and often had to hustle to get changed when they didn't even run back to back.

30 different Drivers have won two classes at the same race. The most recent was Lauren Freer who won SC and SG at Norwalk a year ago.

Only two have won a Pro and Sportsman class at the same race. Pat Austin, TF and TAFC and Aaron Stanfield PS and FS.

Last week Aaron won PS and was R/U in Factory X. At Bristol 2022 Shawn Langdon won SC and was R/U in TF

Alan
1993.... Del in TF and FC , did the rule change after some incident, etc.?

changed for what reason on the top end 😈
Earlier comments mentioned ed fuel car and pro stock fire suits are different. Unless she wears the fuel suit while racing the PS car.?

dave connelly also with a few TF laps under his belt .....er' firesuit

Earlier comments mentioned ed fuel car and pro stock fire suits are different. Unless she wears the fuel suit while racing the PS car.?
Stand 21 claims to be the coolest suit in the game lol!! Perfect opportunity for one of the suit companies to make a name for themselves. "So and so wears our suit in TWO pro classes with no complaints, no heat events..."

Just playing devils advocate here, what are you going to do when EE is the last pair in one class and first pair in the other? Sit and wait for her to make the run, go back to the trailer and change clothes (very different firesuit in TF) then come get strapped in to the other car while the whole place just sits on their hands?

She wore a different suit in the Pro Mod and often had to hustle to get changed when they didn't even run back to back.

30 different Drivers have won two classes at the same race. The most recent was Lauren Freer who won SC and SG at Norwalk a year ago.

Only two have won a Pro and Sportsman class at the same race. Pat Austin, TF and TAFC and Aaron Stanfield PS and FS.

Last week Aaron won PS and was R/U in Factory X. At Bristol 2022 Shawn Langdon won SC and was R/U in TF

Alan
Just make sure PS and TF were bookended on race day .............. TF first like normal and PS last, then reverse for the final round. That way there is always a Track prep between classes. 🤷‍♂️

Just make sure PS and TF were bookended on race day .............. TF first like normal and PS last, then reverse for the final round. That way there is always a Track prep between classes. 🤷‍♂️
and then Gage decides to run FC and PSB.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back