EE To T/F (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Just playing devils advocate here, what are you going to do when EE is the last pair in one class and first pair in the other? Sit and wait for her to make the run, go back to the trailer and change clothes (very different firesuit in TF) then come get strapped in to the other car while the whole place just sits on their hands?

She wore a different suit in the Pro Mod and often had to hustle to get changed when they didn't even run back to back.

30 different Drivers have won two classes at the same race. The most recent was Lauren Freer who won SC and SG at Norwalk a year ago.

Only two have won a Pro and Sportsman class at the same race. Pat Austin, TF and TAFC and Aaron Stanfield PS and FS.

Last week Aaron won PS and was R/U in Factory X. At Bristol 2022 Shawn Langdon won SC and was R/U in TF

Alan

Just playing devils advocate here, what are you going to do when EE is the last pair in one class and first pair in the other? Sit and wait for her to make the run, go back to the trailer and change clothes (very different firesuit in TF) then come get strapped in to the other car while the whole place just sits on their hands?

She wore a different suit in the Pro Mod and often had to hustle to get changed when they didn't even run back to back.

30 different Drivers have won two classes at the same race. The most recent was Lauren Freer who won SC and SG at Norwalk a year ago.

Only two have won a Pro and Sportsman class at the same race. Pat Austin, TF and TAFC and Aaron Stanfield PS and FS.

Last week Aaron won PS and was R/U in Factory X. At Bristol 2022 Shawn Langdon won SC and was R/U in TF

Alan

Who has participated in the most classes (but not necessarily won them) in an event?

Why not have wheelstanders or other exhibition vehicles on standby to fill in gaps while someone changes a fire suit? Solutions to a problem, not eliminate the problem.
The time between rounds needs to be the same
To keep it fair for everyone, it would be cool to have Erica run both

Last edited:

Alan
When have t/f and ps ever followed or come before one another (at least when the "show" hadn't already gone to shit). As a fan, I wouldn't mind waiting. As irrational as it is, with these ticket prices, I at least feel as if I'm getting more value if I'm at the track longer lol. That sentiment kind of plays into my bye run opinion a little also. I can appreciate though that its work for y'all and yall would rather gtfo there as quick as possible.

When have t/f and ps ever followed or come before one another (at least when the "show" hadn't already gone to shit). As a fan, I wouldn't mind waiting. As irrational as it is, with these ticket prices, I at least feel as if I'm getting more value if I'm at the track longer lol. That sentiment kind of plays into my bye run opinion a little also. I can appreciate though that its work for y'all and yall would rather gtfo there as quick as possible.
There are three things that could be an issue. Live TV window, impending weather and curfew.

Who has participated in the most classes (but not necessarily won them) in an event?
By rule a driver can compete in a maximum of two classes at the same event. Two sportsman classes or one Pro and one sportsman. Many have competed in 8 or 9 classes over the years, but never more than two at the same event.

Alan

There are three things that could be an issue. Live TV window, impending weather and curfew.
If people cant wait, then that team forfeits the round. Maybe the fans or others will pitch a big enough fit about seeing an unexpected evil occurrence we call a bye run that next time, NHRA will wait, or they wont. As a competitor, id be willing to risk it. Statistics say it'd be rare, and if im good enough, i wont be first pair in the first place.

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of making other competitors wait, just like they don't hold a round because someone had trouble in the pits. These teams are hustling to turn the cars around between rounds and to force them to then wait because a competitor is not ready does not seem fair.

I don't like the idea of making other competitors wait, just like they don't hold a round because someone had trouble in the pits. These teams are hustling to turn the cars around between rounds and to force them to then wait because a competitor is not ready does not seem fair.
By not being ready, do you mean the car isn't ready or the driver isn't ready because they have to change firesuits, get into the moment, warm up the car, etc?

By not being ready, do you mean the car isn't ready or the driver isn't ready because they have to change firesuits, get into the moment, warm up the car, etc?
With EE running P/S which runs before T/F in the finals it's not just a matter of her high tailing it back to the staging lanes to run T/F. She has to pass over the scales in the P/S car before she can leave. They also take a fuel sample and I'm not sure if the driver has to be there for that. I'm not sure about how long or accommodating NHRA would be if that scenario came about.

Not sure about the "What If's & Maybe's", but IF this was allowed (2 Pro Classes at the same meet) possible scenarios that seem fair would be:

1. Competitor agrees to wait a reasionable time.
2.Competitor automatically gets lane choise for waiting.
3.Driver wears the higher rated Fire Suit to save time if lower class runs first (or the other way around).
4.The rest of the field (In both Classes) agrees to let the two class driver go first in the eariler class & last in the later class.

It may not be ideal for the 2 class driver, but everyone else would be giving them a break. They would also have the choice to chance it and try to make the call without Any or all of the above.

The track prep that happens between pro stock and the fuel classes will give them plenty of time to get back and run the car.

Wouldn't be fair if they earned the right to decide when they run. Not that the NHRA puts fairness as the top priority.
I would find it all to be ridiculous if that is the goal.

If you want to race top fuel, then race top fuel. I don't think anyone should have to jump through hoops created for one person to drive two professional cars at the same race.

If she wins in top fuel, then she can say she's won in two different professional categories, which is essentially the same thing, but with a lot less hassle to everyone....including her.

As a fan, I've never found her to be all that interesting. So let's usurp the rules for something that isn't going to move the needle all that much.

If NHRA allows a driver to compete in two different pro classes and gives preferential treatment to someone who has just run and needs more time to change their fire suit, you will see a number of new excuses for a driver not being ready to make a run. Such as: We had trouble in the pits with the engine. We lost oil pressure and had to change an entire motor. Our driver needed more time to cool off in the trailer due to the hot/humid weather. One of our tires went flat. We ran out of relative bearing grease. Etc, etc.

NHRA won't be able to say anything because the other teams will say, "You guys make an exception for Erica (or fill in the blank), why not for us?

Leave the rule as it is.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back