EE To T/F (17 Viewers)

She has done it all in PS and has nothing left to prove. But I wonder if TF is really a challenge for her. It’s different but maybe not a true stretch. FC would be more of a professional challenge.

She has done it all in PS and has nothing left to prove. But I wonder if TF is really a challenge for her. It’s different but maybe not a true stretch. FC would be more of a professional challenge.
I’d be willing to bet that after her fire in promod, she wouldn’t be interested in getting into a funny car.

I’d be willing to bet that after her fire in promod, she wouldn’t be interested in getting into a funny car.

How much?

She was headed to Frank Hawley's to get a TAFC license before she got the offer to drive PS way back when. Funny Car was a very real possibility back then.

Alan

How much?

She was headed to Frank Hawley's to get a TAFC license before she got the offer to drive PS way back when. Funny Car was a very real possibility back then.

Alan
I don't disagree with Alan very often, but that was before her Pro Mod incident and before John Force's recent accident. It seems like her Pro Mod fire made an impression on her and feel it would be very unlikely. Alan, I would take you up on a bet, but wouldn't want to get you in trouble with the new policy ;)

joe's interview with richard was very informative and great to listen to. richard has certainly surrounded himself with great talent,
even to the point of people behind the scenes who's names are never mentioned ...... plus his forward thinking and comments. very optimistic.
sure seems like there are positions available, and more to become available in the nhra traveling circus.

My hats off to Richard if he can get that rule changed back to like it used to be. We need all of the entries we can get in all of the pro classes, and I would love to see EE in a nitro car. It shouldn't be a problem having someone else warming up the nitro car if she is running her Pro stock car. I think it would be cool to see EE win 2 championships in the same year. :D

Last edited:
My hats off to Richard if he can get that rule changed back to like it used to be. We need all of the entries we can get in all of the pro classes, and I would love to see EE in a nitro car. It shouldn't be a problem having someone else warming up the nitro car if she is running her Pro stock car.
Scott Kalitta did that one season in the early 90’s I believe; while his Dad was recouping from getting hurt in a crash in Houston. In Dallas SK was going back & forth from the dragster to his Oldsmobile. I don’t think the guys on the crew liked that so much. Didn’t really do very well as I recall - and those were the lean years before Scott came into all his success with LaHaie. And with Mr. Kalitta not being there…they just seemed kind of lost.
I wish the rules would allow it
now though…. why not. Some people out there can seemingly drive and race anything

the amount of potential great drivers is endless. throw in family, spouses, children, business, travel, and dollars; list is not so endless anymore.
would like to see rule changed. someone like erica, who is already a popular and known face and name, would only attract more attention to the sport running two classes.

We have to remember the reason for the rule is that it can slow down the show if they are waiting for a driver to return to the starting line to run another class. That is why they dont run SC/SG or TD/TS back to back because there are usually several drivers participating in both classes. No other reason for the rule. However I heard they were considering changing the rule for Salinas to run TF and PSB.

I've wondered who has raced in the most classes in one event. If I had to guess, it would be either Jeg or Troy Coughlin.

So is the rule they can't run in two pro classes at one event? But they could run in sportsman and one pro?

I've wondered who has raced in the most classes in one event. If I had to guess, it would be either Jeg or Troy Coughlin.

So is the rule they can't run in two pro classes at one event? But they could run in sportsman and one pro?
Or possibly Bo Butner.

i think bo won 2 SG nationals in a row? could have doubled up in PS but didn't. i think he has a double up, but both sportsman classes.
can't remember which classes. not sure about coughlins; sure wouldn't surprise if jeg jr. doesn't have at least one over the years.
pretty sure pat austin doubled in topeka in TAFC and TF. i think he did it twice, can't remember other venue.

Last edited:

Yes, they can run a sportsman class and a pro class right now. Pro Mod, Factory stock and Factory X are considered sportsman classes. I do believe both Jeg and Bo hold the record for the number of different classes won. I think they are both sitting at 8 classes.

The logistics between getting out of one car and into the other during competition is an easily solvable problem. Its the between competition work. Tuner and driver work that would be hard unless both cars were under one roof. Its a lot.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back