Australian T/F (1 Viewer)

And only 3.78 to 1000' so imagine what a 3.66 pass in states would be in the 1/4. Low .30's for sure. That would would be awesome.

Dixon ran a 4.48 to qualify #2, and the third Rapisarda car driven by Wayne Newby went 4.52 in position #3. Great effort from that team.

Would there be a direct correlation to what they run in 1000' to 1320'??
They have pretty much used up all of the engine at that point, to keep it together I think they would have to back off the 1000' number a little.
I guess we will never know.......

The race got rained out & I guess they did not reschedule it. Bummer, they were running great times.

Would there be a direct correlation to what they run in 1000' to 1320'??
They have pretty much used up all of the engine at that point, to keep it together I think they would have to back off the 1000' number a little.
I guess we will never know.......

I would say we do know, or at least have a pretty good idea. Lee Beard is the Rapisarda's crew chief and those cars lack for nothing. They have all of the latest and greatest parts from this side of the pond. If they thought they could run it as hard to 1000ft as we do stateside, and it would live to the 1320, they would absolutely do that. I would say they are going to push every incremental as hard as they can and keep putting up the eye-popping numbers.

We've had some pretty fast small motor turbo cars in the states too. I can't remember names but I know someone has gone real low sixes in a Comp dragster with a 4cyl turbo.

Yeah, I know who you are talking about, except he has a Toyota straight 6, turbo, & has run 6.20's. He used to run the car with his dad, until his dad passed. He also runs Top Dragster with this car. Dang, bugs me I can't remember his name. Met him at Firebird once, really nice guy.

The man's name is Brian Fitzpatrick. Rear engine dragster with Toyota 2JZ turbo 6 (straight 6). This is THE engine to use if you're a Toyota racer, all over the world. This is the same engine Rod Harvey used in is Australian Factory Extreme, that just set the ET record at 5.90.

Hey Tim,

Newby ran the 4.48, Dixon went 52.

Did you guys do much damage to the motor with the PS car?
There was no damage mate, just a little 'pop' when he pushed the clutch in (most likely the limiter coming on). I'd love to see what it would have run if it went all the way.
Man, our phones lit up after the commentators said that, everyone back home was worried, the motor had only done 5 passes!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back