EE To T/F (16 Viewers)

spare chassis I believe
I took it as a second car. Many possible options for a second driver if that is the plan. Troy Jr. already has some experience in the class. Julie Nataas could be another. Steve Jackson would be a perfect fit even though he seems like he is more of a funny car guy. There is many who could come up from the Alky ranks. Of course all of this depends on the money and sponsors. Also finding a quality crew chief is another obstacle.

I took it as a second car. Many possible options for a second driver if that is the plan. Troy Jr. already has some experience in the class. Julie Nataas could be another. Steve Jackson would be a perfect fit even though he seems like he is more of a funny car guy. There is many who could come up from the Alky ranks. Of course all of this depends on the money and sponsors. Also finding a quality crew chief is another obstacle.
The crew is what I'm wondering about most. Who's going to make the calls, and what team (sans driver) will execute it.

A smart move is to order two cars so you can have a backup, especially with a new driver.
I'm sure they could hire a current CC as just a consultant for the new crew. Boggs might take a swing at CC, or Head as consultant.

Just watched the WFO interview. First of all, Joe Costello does a great job with his interviews, and is extremely passionate about drag racing. I really enjoyed listening to Richard's vision for the future, I especially like how he addressed all the common complaints that we hear, such as Pro Camaro, it's all Elite or KB-Titan, etc. So many people, especially those that have been around the sport for a long time, continue to long for the old days, without realizing that nothing stays the same, especially after several decades. Richard is a forward thinker, we need him and more like him to help the sport continue to grow. Maybe he should call Michael Andretti?

A smart move is to order two cars so you can have a backup, especially with a new driver.
I'm sure they could hire a current CC as just a consultant for the new crew. Boggs might take a swing at CC, or Head as consultant.
the way it sounded he (Richard) wants to have an alliance with a current team that could guide them along. Might be an opportunity for someone there to step up to a chief role.

Just watched the WFO interview. First of all, Joe Costello does a great job with his interviews, and is extremely passionate about drag racing. I really enjoyed listening to Richard's vision for the future, I especially like how he addressed all the common complaints that we hear, such as Pro Camaro, it's all Elite or KB-Titan, etc. So many people, especially those that have been around the sport for a long time, continue to long for the old days, without realizing that nothing stays the same, especially after several decades. Richard is a forward thinker, we need him and more like him to help the sport continue to grow. Maybe he should call Michael Andretti?
Maybe, if NHRA would not penalize the Fords and Mopars every time they gain a performance advantage over the GMs, we might see more Ford and/or Mopar factory involvement.

Richard certainly is a forward thinker but to have EE drive both the P/S and a T/F car at the same race is a dream. The rules are very specific about that not happening and I would be very surprised if even Freeman can get that rule changed.
We have to remember the reason for the rule is that it can slow down the show if they are waiting for a driver to return to the starting line to run another class. That is why they dont run SC/SG or TD/TS back to back because there are usually several drivers participating in both classes. No other reason for the rule. However I heard they were considering changing the rule for Salinas to run TF and PSB.

Richard certainly is a forward thinker but to have EE drive both the P/S and a T/F car at the same race is a dream. The rules are very specific about that not happening and I would be very surprised if even Freeman can get that rule changed.
he thinks he can get them changed

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back