Driving Force, so...what did you think? (1 Viewer)

Brent, I know the series has just started but any plans to sell it overseas ?
John has many fans worldwide - especially Down Under where he really started out.

Mark

Oh yeah, I'm soooo jealous .........

I am sick of all the people griping about his language. Give me a break. You can turn on any single station on the tv and hear it. You cant even go to the movies half the time without being blindsided by the language. Its our society now. Its common place nowadays. Go out in public and listen, you will hear it all around you. I am not condoning it, or saying its alright in my book, but I dont see why everyone is coming down on him so bad. There are familys out there that have way more problems than him. Atleast he is trying to make up for it. Granted yes he could listen better but couldnt we all. Some people just have different personalities. Whether they be better or worse. As for sponsors, if you think Castrol would drop him, you got another thing coming.

You are correct in what you write, HOWEVER, I am not griping about the language. I don’t have a problem with it. Yes, you can hear almost any word that would fall under cussing or swearing almost anywhere, almost anytime, by almost anyone. You can hear it at work, at the mall, in the store by anyone from old ladies to 6 year old kids. Furthermore, I was not forced to watch the show. That should take care of the cussing thing. ALL I WAS SAYING IS……considering what language you CAN hear and then making the assumption what type of words that probably meant was bleeped…I think it was in very bad-taste….no, it was VERY disrespectful for him to voice that type of language toward and in front of his very own children, especially since he was lamenting his desire to have them love him. I have always heard that to "gain respect, you must show respect," and I am sorry; but I do not see where he (or anyone for that matter) should be given a pass for cussing and swearing in front of their children solely because they were once a truck driver, and that was John just being John, or that he is trying to reconnect with them after years of being on the road racing. That’s an insult to the truck drivers of the world.

Using the truck-driver logic, one could say that all clowns are mass murderers based solely on the fact that John Wayne Kasey performed as a clown. Asked yourself this. Let’s say that you invited John Force to your house for dinner and he accepts. He shows up at your house and you, your wife and YOUR children greet him, and he starts talking like he did on the show….Are you ready for that? In front of your wife? In front of YOUR children?

Yes, the sponsors were not in the fore-front and most of the people that watched the show watched it because they knew drag racing, or were hoping to see some cleavage because they were reeled in by the pre-advertising that went during the couple of weeks before. Like I said earlier, I don’t think anything would or should happen, I was merely pointing out that regardless if the sponsors were mentioned on the show that the racer still represents those sponsors….and represents drag racers and the fans.

Yes, even if stink was raised with the sponsors, I don’t think they would drop him, but I doubt they would sit on their hands. Remember Home Depot reeled in Tony Stewart Image is a very important thing to a company.

I have never been a big fan of John’s, but I like him, as odd as that may sound. I will be honest, I have lost some respect for him after what I saw. I know that doesn’t mean squat to him, you or anyone else…so be it. I still think he is a great racer and has a great team. Heck, I have even chose him once or twice this season so far, in the ‘mater’s Pick the Winners for each race. Matter of fact, he is one of my picks for Seattle that I had settled on a few weeks ago and I am sticking with that choice. He is intense, he is funny, he is an icon of the sport…the Don Garlits of the 2000’s if you will, and it IS NOT the cussing per se that bothered me….it was WHO he was cussing at that bothered me.

I know I am peeing in everyone’s pool here but that’s the way I see it

Last edited:
I will keep it coming as much as possible, if I am not careful I will get addicted to the site and not do my job! But will definitely give you all, the Nitromater readers the exclusive hints and nuggets on the show!
bt
Hi, Brent. Thanks for all the good information. I apologize if this has been asked and I;ve missed it. I'm curious if Adria will be in any of the shows?

I can't believe that it loses out to wrestling (if that's what you want to call it).

I'll take ANYTHING drag racing over a scripted, steroid and testosterone filled hillbilly soap opera any day! The fact that people actually follow that nonsense is beyond comprehension. Talk about bad acting........Jeez. :rolleyes:

A rerun at 9:30 drew another 1.5 million. "

Brent, first of all, welcome to Nitromater! Glad you're here. I have two quick questions for you:
1. Did Daily Variety correct the quote above? The second episode was not a re-run but a new episode of the show. I'd hate for non-fans to think the 9:30 show was just a repeat of the 9:00 airing.

2. Any chance we'll see drag racing's first couple, Tommy and Melanie, in future episodes?

Thanks again for taking the time here on the 'mater. :)

Let’s say that you invited John Force to your house for dinner and he accepts. He shows up at your house and you, your wife and YOUR children greet him, and he starts talking like he did on the show….Are you ready for that? In front of your wife? In front of YOUR children?

I have never been a big fan of John’s, but I like him, as odd as that may sound. I will be honest, I have lost some respect for him after what I saw. I know that doesn’t mean squat to him, you or anyone else…so be it. I still think he is a great racer and has a great team. Heck, I have even chose him once or twice this season so far, in the ‘mater’s Pick the Winners for each race. Matter of fact, he is one of my picks for Seattle that I had settled on a few weeks ago and I am sticking with that choice. He is intense, he is funny, he is an icon of the sport…the Don Garlits of the 2000’s if you will, and it IS NOT the cussing per se that bothered me….it was WHO he was cussing at that bothered me.

I know I am peeing in everyone’s pool here but that’s the way I see it

Don,
I am a Force Fan, and Damn he reminds me of me. Strangely enough, I catch myself using salty language, and it gets worst when I get flustered. I've gotten to the point, in the last five years, where now it's just "Bloody this or bloody that..." The Boss (better half) on the other hand, now she could make a sailor blush... (and you ought to hear the women she works with) and yeah, no matter how tight dad thinks he is with his kids, I find I'm still the last to know about a lot of **it. My youngest seems to act as "player's rep." between the family and me, including my wife... only time I know I've screwed up is when KW enlightens me. And like Papa John, instead of completely blowing up, I'll walk away if I think I'm talking to a brick wall... at least my kids don't laugh and giggle at me when I'm trying to have a serious discussion...

And Brent,
Thanks for coming to the party, Ratings look good... and let KFC know I remember their spot... now, go for Taco Bell!!!! :D

I can't believe that it loses out to wrestling (if that's what you want to call it).

I'll take ANYTHING drag racing over a scripted, steroid and testosterone filled hillbilly soap opera any day! The fact that people actually follow that nonsense is beyond comprehension. Talk about bad acting........Jeez.

Don't like HHH and the rest? Use the channel changer on the remote.:rolleyes: Some of us actually enjoy the Monday nite cartoons.:D Thank somebody for picture in a picture tv:p

I thought the show was good...and hope to see it only get better as you get further into the lives of the Force family....

Don't like HHH and the rest? Use the channel changer on the remote.:rolleyes: Some of us actually enjoy the Monday nite cartoons.:D Thank somebody for picture in a picture tv:p
I'm so glad HHH and HBK have brought back Degeneration X.... If you don't like the way John Force talks we got 2 words for yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. :D LMAO... If he don't know wrestling he won't get the joke!! I've had to fire up a 2nd VCR now that I work 2nd shift.. Monday nites just got BETTER with DRIVING FORCE to look forward too.

Brent, first of all, welcome to Nitromater! Glad you're here. I have two quick questions for you:
1. Did Daily Variety correct the quote above? The second episode was not a re-run but a new episode of the show. I'd hate for non-fans to think the 9:30 show was just a repeat of the 9:00 airing.

2. Any chance we'll see drag racing's first couple, Tommy and Melanie, in future episodes?

Thanks again for taking the time here on the 'mater. :)
Charles:

1. You're right for catching that oversight by them but we're not too worried about it since it's a trade paper for the entertainment industry (and A&E will reach out to them about the error). We're just happy people are enjoying it. This week's episodes may be my favorite so tune in!

2. As of right now we are really focusing on the Force's themselves but you will see Capps and Scelzi featured. We are definitely open to showing other drivers in order to show the scope of the sport and you will certainly see clips of them and other drivers.

hi all. im finally back on. great to be part of the new mater. welcome brent, its so cool to have an a and e guy on here. im a huge force fan and really enjoyed the show! its cool to see a different side of him , and his buisness. cant wait till next monday :)
Thanks Jeff, don't think you will be disappointed. They are great episodes.
BT

Brent, I know the series has just started but any plans to sell it overseas ?
John has many fans worldwide - especially Down Under where he really started out.

Mark

Oh yeah, I'm soooo jealous .........

That's a good point Mark, I guess it will depend on how it does. I am happy to ask and let you know once I know more.
BT

I thought the show was good...and hope to see it only get better as you get further into the lives of the Force family....
Deby:

Monday's a biggie for that so be sure to watch...it will have some surprises..you may want to have a tissue nearby. it's the real thing and got the crew emotional as well...
Brent

I probably missed it, but, what about the oldest girl that is married to Robert? Is she going to be featured, or is this just about the racing girls.?:confused:

Personally I think the show is great! But lets hope the right people are watching it. Of course us "Drag Racing Maters" are watching, but the people we need to be watching are folks who know little or nothing about our great sport of "Drag Racing". I truly believe this show will bring much needed attention to our sport as far as a bigger fan base and it will also bring much more needed corporate sponsors. I have cut and pasted a link to the site and the times the show is on and sent it to everyone on my email list. The responses have been very good! Better days are ahead!!! :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back