Doug Bomb (1 Viewer)

I remember seeing a picture of a guy in the spectator side bleachers holding up the barrel valve after that epic boomer.
This picture is hanging in the room formerly known as my man-cave.
1573834119211.jpeg

Ted that is a cool wall. :)
Thanks Cliff.
The lower left picture was taken at Tulsa while I was on the Invader NFC team. The middle picture was taken while I was at the Gas Ronda benefit race at Beeline Dragway in Phoenix in April 1970.
The lower right is one I shot of my buddy Hot Rod Fuller at the 2009 Joliet race. I had talked my boss into a small sponsorship on the car for part of that season.

Ted, I remember when the Invader started out. Saw them at Lions, etc. I think the team ran the car until the 1980's. Saw them at Firebird in Phx. Was glad they ran as NFC. The Invader always had those eyes on the car. Good memories.

Not to derail the thread much further but I first saw The Invader run at the late, great Tucson Dragway in the late ‘60s.
I moved to Arkansas in 1970. Around 2001, I was at a Mopar car show in Springdale, Arkansas when the owner, Glenn Solano, entered his AAR ‘Cuda in the show. You should have seen his reaction when I asked him about racing at Tucson. He recalled racing Eddie Pauling’s “Whinemaker” rear engine Cougar FC there.
Fast forward about 10 years and I happened by his house. I first took pictures of the team for him, then he later asked if I wanted to help on the team. That was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up. I was part of the team for five years before I retired. My wife and I built a house in north central Arkansas and we moved away.
The Invader last ran earlier this year at Mo-Kan Dragway. The driver hit the wall way down track. Fortunately nobody was hurt and the damage wasn’t too bad. But, from what I’ve heard, Glenn has decided to hang it up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back