Does match racing still happen? (1 Viewer)

WellI look at it this way.....most Alky racers tell me $1,500 a lap is what it cost them when factoring Fuel, motels, Food, and running the car! I'm sure some of those teams that bring 5-6 crew people, might be more! But they are running Mid-low 5's. I bet the comparison is comparable...

My numbers are direct from a Nostalgia Nitro FC team owner and it does not include fuel to get there or motels or food or pit passes... That is just parts attrition and nitro fuel if nothing bad happens during the run...

Yes. Much like the NFC class is an economical way for guys to burn some nitro, it is also an economical way for track owners and promoters to get some nitro racing at their track(s) on a Saturday night. We do shows at places like Muncie, IN; Union Grove, WI; Byron, IL; etc. These are tracks with great fan bases, but without the resources to be able to book in the big name Pro guys at anywhere from $7500-$10,000 a lap. They can however afford to have a couple of NFCs for $1500 a lap.

Mike,

What could someone expect to spend building a complete NFC? Assume the chassis and body are purchased used.

Thanks,
Pete

Mike,

What could someone expect to spend building a complete NFC? Assume the chassis and body are purchased used.

Thanks,
Pete

With a used chassis and body, building a running car would likely cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $50-60 grand. When you factor in a truck and trailer, spare parts and various other "little things" it will up somewhere around 90-100 grand. That's bare minimum. It's not for the faint of heart.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back