Match Race Mania @ Joliet (1 Viewer)

Gutter Brain

Nitro Member
I went with a friend yesterday to Joliet for their Match Race Mania. We got there about 2:30pm or so after my son's soccer game. About the fifth trailer we stopped at, saw Mike Minick trying to hock some posters and stuff (think he missed working at Disney too much). So, I chatted with him. He said they had the FC out testing the steering and stuff.
I walked around some more and ran into a purple car we have seen before. Something called Nitro Madness I think. ;) I got to talk to Sean some. He was great, very friendly. Again, I am impressed with this team. I saw them later in the staging lanes getting a kid in the car. As the dad was taking a pic, I could tell how excited he was, just think about the kid!
There was some great racing. A blown V-8 bike that ran an 8.3 I think. They had two jet dragsters that were pretty cool.
The day was pretty good. It started out with lots of sun. There were a few sprinkles that paused action a few times. Then, back to racing. A few more sprinkles, more racing. Finally just before Sean was about to make one more hit (probably 7-8 pairs away) it started a little heavier about 8pm. As the drops got bigger and faster, I knew it was time to beat the traffic out.
Here are a few pics from my Kodak gallery.
Minick trying to pull off that he knows what he is doing...
100_1097Mike.jpg

Closest I could get Sean to being in a hammock. Wondering if Rapid is just pulling our legs...
100_1266Sean.jpg

One of my favorite cars. Saw them in Bakersfield. My stepfather is friends with them too. Nice running car.
100_1286334coupe.jpg

Nice stuff Eric...

good to see the kid made it home to Chi-town...
More Soccer today?

l8tr
d'kid

no more soccer for me. I am doing some work work at home so I am ahead before I leave for vacation in a few weeks.
See, Mike did learn something at Disney. He's a good actor. lol

eric... really good to meet you man! had a good time talking with ya. i'm sure i'll see you around again this season. man gotta say i was sooo bummed when i saw those sprinkles on the windshield and hat of the car. we made a very very soft run on our second pass and it went 6.35 so we were pretty confident the car had a low 6.30 or hi 6.20 in it... but never got the chance. mother nature can be cruel sometimes. cool thing was on the 6.35 run we had a 0.966 sixty-ft and it packed the front wheels to the 330' cone... it sure was a nice ride!

and the icing the cake was meeting fellow 'mater sean dewitt!... we raced each other that round!

dewitt you rock man... had a blast hangin out with ya bro! what a great group!

gotta give all the credit to the gaulters, randy clough, larry bailey, my buddy eric and my parents. the boys had the car running great and everybody pitches in to make things flow smoothly!

here is the on-board video from the run with dewitt

http://www.spankycuts.com/images/6.35 run 2.wmv

very cool Eric thanks.......man wait til Kyle finds out I was playing with the hydrometer again......he is gonna be very angry :p:p:D

PS....perfect new avatar!

Last edited:
very cool Eric thanks.......man wait til Kyle finds out I was playing with the hydrometer again......he is gonna be very angry :p:p:D

PS....perfect new avatar!

MM....

Is there something I should Know? Kat asked me for that picture for her new wallpaper for Her Lap top:confused:

d'kid

ahhh!! i finally made it home! now i'm back on hi-speed and i got to see your pic gallery eric... man nice pics buddy! really appreciate you sharing all those. very cool

Sean, with all the pics you probably need hi speed. Thanks. I would have had more of you guys too. I was saving the last bit of my battery for your last run.

Sean looks like you had some fun this weekend. We missed you guys at the OFAA race. A 4.19 only got me qualified 7th. You'll have to show me that video rig at Mokan.

Sean,

Nice run buddy, Congrats!!! You guys had the car hauling out there. Thanks for posting the video, looks great. :cool:

Eric, nice photos like always. However why does seeing MM doing the nitro mixing just seem so WRONG!! :eek:

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back