Dixon Debuts New Team at Gainesville (1 Viewer)

I can't believe the NHRA feels threatened at this point by the IHRA which is a shell of it's former self. Maybe worried about setting a precedent should things over at the IHRA turn around. Don't think I'll hold my breath for that.

Larry was told to take the World Series decal off the car this morning.
What about the Cordova decal?
17353206_10155748226269057_992699054262270190_n.jpg

I would of loved to be a fly on the wall at Glendora when news of this came smashing through the door and hit the perviable fan and then the wall.
Peter Clifford would of turned Bright Red a welcome change from pasty white!
The NHRA/Fox cameras and staff will not be able to diss it. They will have to do deep end interviews when he wins rounds!!!, but yeah it will be a lot of random scanning and panning to avoid the livery.
What a coup by El Presidente' Mike Dunn. Clifford et al must be seething and there's nothing they can do.

Love it.

If the news Mike reports is true, looks like Clifford, et al had the last laugh.

can barely get 16 cars to show up and someone wants a decal removed?

i wish cordova could somehow put up big money for FC and TF for the world series.....8 car fields. $100k to win.....1000' racing.
see who would show up for that.

And reschedule the race so it's the weekend as Indy and see how many show for NHRA's "Big Go". $100 grand...A lot more than NHRA would pay out.

let's not be mean joe :D.....rite between brainerd and indy where it belongs.....i'd skip brainerd and drive down to see that.
two Q on friday evening and nite.....one Q early sat......race sat. nite.

What about the Cordova decal?
17353206_10155748226269057_992699054262270190_n.jpg

NHRA Sheesh...... first they mandate there has to be decals
now they want Dixon to remove one......make up your mind

They are funny like that! In one breath, They want you to bring sponsors in and on another breath, Hey ... that's not gonna work. I believe that most would have more success pissing in front of a box fan with a camera doing Facebook Live.

let's not be mean joe :D.....rite between brainerd and indy where it belongs.....i'd skip brainerd and drive down to see that.
two Q on friday evening and nite.....one Q early sat......race sat. nite.

Mike, Not to avoid the comment but I was thinking of a "what If"? It would be cool to see how many teams would steer towards the cash reward over a "Meh, I just lost my last $100 for tolls to get home".

I noticed he didnt run 1st rd maybe because of cost but with the air you would run to get base line.

So now NHRA restricts who can "sponsor" your car..............so does Larry still get paid?????

Doubt we will see him back again, being on the IHRA board and all.

Kind of a conflict of interest??? I would think IHRA would be more upset. Board member racing in the competitors event.

but stupid on NHRA's part

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back