Dixon Debuts New Team at Gainesville (1 Viewer)

NHRA Better hope I never win the Powerball, because I would put on a race on the weekend of Indy with a much larger larger payout. Only criteria would be to enter you have to be listed in NHRA points, there can not be another "team" car at Indy, and car has to have a name (Such as LA HOOKER, Chi-town Hustler Etc)/ Just because I could. (My sandbox, My rules)

So, if the fields are light you compromise your (sanctioning bodies) values? What a batch of whiners. The team knew what to expect, and those on here did also, that's why everyone on here was pontificating about NHRA being nervous or fuming or whatever.

I could not agree more. Just because its Larry Dixon he should be able to have any decal he wants? And I love the jokers who say fans are paying to see full fields. Where on the ticket does it say you are guaranteed at least 16 cars at every event? If thats true then someone owes me money. I've been going to the Mile Highs since the early 80's. Comparing Super comp to TF.....seriously?

NHRA Better hope I never win the Powerball, because I would put on a race on the weekend of Indy with a much larger larger payout. Only criteria would be to enter you have to be listed in NHRA points, there can not be another "team" car at Indy, and car has to have a name (Such as LA HOOKER, Chi-town Hustler Etc)/ Just because I could. (My sandbox, My rules)
The LA Hooker and the Dodge Phoenix were the first Nitro F/C's I saw at track. That track was the Pegasus Bay Hot Rod Club strip at Ruapuna Raceway Christchurch New Zealand. Thats what got me 'hooked' and turned me into a drag racing addict. Since 2016 the NHRA have tried to cure me of my addiction, unsuccessfully I might ad.

What's next, NHRA not allowing in spectators with IHRA, PDRA, ADRL, AHRA, NCMA, NMRA, IDBL or any other drag racing sanctioning groups? ;)

Last edited:
of course you do not compromise values if light fields.....and fans are not guaranteed 16 car fields.
- make larry cover up decal at the gators
- one of nhra's most well liked former multiple champions trying to come back and race nhra (a draw for fans if you will)
- the world series is an exhibition, non-points style race
- many nhra cars appear at the world series. are those cars not promoting top level cars, teams & equipment seen in the nhra?
- does the cordova staff make competing nhra cars remove all nhra/mello yello decals for their race?

light fields do not guarantee fans either.

And after all the yelling and shouting and hoopla, how anticlimactic could be to have to shut it down on the starting line before even getting a run in competition under your belt?

I was bummed, and I'm sure Larry was as well.

Last edited:
Not saying but, More camera time? Obviously he knew he was gonna lose so, Shut it down on the starting line for the camera time and discussion on tv.?

Not saying but, More camera time? Obviously he knew he was gonna lose so, Shut it down on the starting line for the camera time and discussion on tv.?

Yea because nothing pleases current sponsors or entices potential ones more than looking inept and unprepared when all eyes are on you.

They had a problem in the pits and had to hustle to get it up there. It had an oil leak, something could have been overlooked, or just plain bad luck.

i have the utmost respect for larry......after driving for snake, he's stayed involved, endures the crash, and comes back last weekend with his own stuff. i'm gonna' take a guess and say he doesn't have huge financial resources to draw from, otherwise he'd have been back sooner as an owner? if i was a potential sponsor, i would see what this guy is doing mostly on his own, with his name and former championships, and align myself with him. i'm sure his crew are all not seasoned veterans, probably their time together is short; but he is there, and he is competing, with his own car, truck, trailer, and crew.....there are other independent teams that do the same and have equal respect for.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back