Cuadra Rojo (1 Viewer)

It is not necessarily that strange that they all went RED. A lot of people went red. What could be interesting is if they all went red by the same or almost the same number it would be defying really high odds and something to look at.

Christian -.019
Fernando Sr. -.064
Fernando Jr. -.016

Maybe they had too much in the 'box' :)

Seriously though, remember there are two reaction times in play. The driver and the car. Seeing they are all team cars...possibly the same chassis setups, there are a number of factors that can cause a driver to redlight.
If I am consistently .010-.020 and I add:
1. 5-8 lbs of air to the front tires
2. soften my rear shocks
3. take travel out of the front end
4. launch at a higher RPM
5. Take air pressure out of the rear tires
6. 4-link adjustment
7. decrease the diameter of the front tire

All of these (and I'm missing a few) will change the characteristics of how long the front tires stay in the beam and could drastically increase the reaction time of the car, while the driver leaves at the same spot

Just an observation

Last edited:
I think once the Cuadra's get some things worked out, and get some more experience, they'll be a collective force in Pro-Stock. Maybe next year, maybe 2024.

Christian -.019
Fernando Sr. -.064
Fernando Jr. -.016

Maybe they had too much in the 'box' :)

Seriously though, remember there are two reaction times in play. The driver and the car. Seeing they are all team cars...possibly the same chassis setups, there are a number of factors that can cause a driver to redlight.
If I am consistently .010-.020 and I add:
1. 5-8 lbs of air to the front tires
2. soften my rear shocks
3. take travel out of the front end
4. launch at a higher RPM
5. Take air pressure out of the rear tires
6. 4-link adjustment
7. decrease the diameter of the front tire

All of these (and I'm missing a few) will change the characteristics of how long the front tires stay in the beam and could drastically increase the reaction time of the car, while the driver leaves at the same spot

Just an observation

I don't know anything about setting up a Pro Stock car, but I'm sure you are on to something. Seems highly likely all that red is related to how those cars are set up.

I don't know anything about setting up a Pro Stock car, but I'm sure you are on to something. Seems highly likely all that red is related to how those cars are set up.
or the drivers all had the same breakfast/coffee and got the 'yips' LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back