keystone nationals 2023 (1 Viewer)

So Chad Head claims that the tire on Doug Kalitta's dragster was absolutely not at fault, and there was nothing wrong with the car, but something caused the tire to explode. But we don't know what it was. But it wasn't the fault of the tire. Right.

That explanation is as clear as mud.

Per NHRA and Maple Grove's Facebook pages - there is a $25 charge per person for the Monday rain date. Sunday ticket does not grant you access. I have never heard of an event partially postponing and you have to repurchase tickets! This is apparently NHRA policy and at least MG isn't charging for parking. I remember going back several times for rain delays and never had a charge, this is outrageous!
I don't know how this is even legal - we already paid for this content and when the rest is finished tomorrow, there won't be any other races that were not part of what we already paid for.

Last edited:
Per NHRA and Maple Grove's Facebook pages - there is a $25 charge per person for the Monday rain date. Sunday ticket does not grant you access. I have never heard of an event partially postponing and you have to repurchase tickets! This is apparently NHRA policy and at least MG isn't charging for parking. I remember going back several times for rain delays and never had a charge, this is outrageous!
I don't know how this is even legal - we already paid for this content and when the rest is finished tomorrow, there won't be any other races that were not part of what we already paid for.
Wow….what??? Isn’t there less than 20 or so pairs left to go down the track?

Well i was thinking about going,but im not repaying. Im sure maple gets a piece of that...

Watching the rebroadcast

Did Gianna hang Gauge out to dry with her starting line process? Andrew had a look on his face like "Ya goin' in, girl??"

Tire got cold and put a flat spot on it?

I think it depends on whether the pros (i.e. nitro) have made at least one run on the day of the original ticket. I know that is the case with qualifying days and I believe it holds true for eliminations as well.

I fully get that if the event is cancelled after the second round and not rerun at Maple Grove, not refund is expected. This isn't the case, the event is not over. I have been to many races where the race day gets lost to rain and the event is finished the following day (or in the case of Maple Grove a few years, over the next few days) and not only has there never been a charge for re-entry, sometimes the gates were open hoping new fans might check it out.

That is a ridiculous policy. there should be a separate policy for Monday hold overs at the same track. So now you sat through the rain, many have to pay extra nights hotel and now you’re paying 1.5 times the ticket price.

They just made the announcement that if you paid for a ticket today, your money will be refunded.

Maybe he is trying to say that there was debris on the track that was ran over.
This is possibly the “Elephant in the Room” that nobody wants to talk about. If it was tire failure Goodyear and NHRA will try to figure out how to slow these cars down. The cars are back to going fast and the tire can only stand so many heat and stretch cycles with over 10,000 lbs downforce. It would be interesting to see how many RPM the tire was going when it failed. The only answer is a new tire which would probably be cost prohibitive. I can see them marking the tires and only letting them have so many passes on them.
Maybe he is trying to say that there was debris on the track that was ran over.

great to see doug back in the winner's circle. wonder if they continue to use this 'older' chassis?
great job chad green making it to another final and running in the .80's
what can you say about matt hartford lately. the struggles he had to start this weekend. talk about perseverance paying off :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back