Pro Mods at US Nationals (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
I'm admittedly more of a top alcohol fan, but this looks like a stout line up.
There are 30 spots and 28 entries so far, so this will probably hit the max in a few days.

If my count is correct, so far it's 8 nitrous cars, 19 or so blown cars, and 1 turbo car (if there is more than one, please advise). This could be a great show in qualifying- up to 30 cars for 16 spots. Assuming it's not 90 degrees and humid, anyone wanna bet there will be a sub 6 second bump spot?

2 PM Roger Burgess Duluth GA '63 Corvette BAE 526 PRO CARE RX
3 PM Jay Payne Claremont CA '68 ********* **** 522
4 PM Danny Rowe Laguna Hills CA '67 Camaro BAE 526
5 PM Joe Baker Milton FL '68 Firebird BAE 521 JOE BAKER RACING
14 PM Ed Hoover Gilbert SC '68 Camaro BAE 526 TRUSSELL CONSTRUCTION
24 PM Troy Coughlin Delaware OH '67 Camaro Chev 832 JEGS.COM
43 PM Rickie Smith King NC '68 Camaro Chev 864 RICKIE SMITH RACING
133 PM Pat Musi Carteret NJ '09 Stratus Chev 865 PRO MOD
173 PM Eitel Maier Tottenham ON '63 Corvette BAE 526 PRO MOD
213 PM Chip King Jr Roxboro NC '69 Daytona Dodg 526
314 PM Ricky Stivers Lexington KY '06 Stratus BAE 526 STIVERS HVAC INC
328 PM Chuck Cheeseman Galena OH '63 Corvette BAE 521 PRO MOD
348 PM Brad Personett Elkhart IN '68 Camaro TFX 520 PRECISION TURBO
507 PM Melanie Troxel Avon IN '67 Camaro BAE 526 IN-N-OUT BURGER
1088 PM Burton Auxier jr Dixie WV '68 Camaro Chev 855 AL ANABI RACING
1090 PM Raymond Commisso Toronto ON '68 Camaro BAE 526 PRO CARE RX
1456 PM Mike Janis Lancaster NY '11 Mustang BAE 526 EATON/AEROQUIP PERFORMANCE
1794 PM Mike Castellana Westbury NY '69 Camaro Chev 854 ALANABI RACING
1986 PM John Russo Middleton MA '99 Chevy Truck BAE 526 ARS AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR SRV
2000 PM Billy Harper Paducah KY '00 Viper Fult 706 METRO/FEDERAL READY MIX
2377 PM Von Smith Oak Ridge TN '68 ********* **** 526
321A PM Scott Ray Greenville OH '53 Corvette BAE 521 OHIO CRANKSHAFT
3575 PM Charles Samuel Lake Villa IL '67 Ford Ford 532 CS INC/ HYPERAKTIVE
3987 PM Scott Christoffel Oswego IL '68 McAmis AJ 526 N/A
4262 PM Dave Pierce Claremore OK '68 Camaro RM 820 DAVE'S RV
5011 PM Mike Knowles Grand Junction CO '09 Corvette BAE 526 MIKE KNOWLES
5012 PM Ken Lang Grand Pointe MB '53 Corvette BAE 526 KENNY LANG RACING
6294 PM Dennis Radford Baker OR '70 Duster Dodg 904 RADFORD TRUCKING CO

Stupid question; why are there 30 spots? Aren't they like the other pro classes & have 16 car fields?
:confused::confused::confused:

I'm not a big nitrous fan, but after hanging with Joe Lepone and watching what they have been doing with Pat Musi's car lately, look for big numbers from them at Indy!

Nice to see them bring some new Blood in. The same 22-24 cars every race gets stale after awhile.

Look at some of the displacements on those cars.
eek6.gif
Wow. How do you get 800, 900+ cubes?

Look at some of the displacements on those cars. Wow. How do you get 800, 900+ cubes?

Big pistons and big cranks, I reckon. I can see how they get the cubes but what I don't understand is how they continue to overcome what has to be massive friction and pumping losses. There has to be a point of diminishing returns out there somewhere.

Funny how he can afford a $150,000-180,000 Pro mod, when he could no longer afford to run TAFC???? Must have picked up a sponsor.

He never said he couldn't afford to run it Joe. . . The divisionals might as well be considered benefit races. The pay outs are a disgrace but you HAVE to run them. It was smarter to sit at home and burn one to two thousand dollars than load the car and go to a divisional. The pro mod can make more money not only at national events, but you can matchrace a pro mod now like we could the funny car ten years ago.

He never said he couldn't afford to run it Joe. . . The divisionals might as well be considered benefit races. The pay outs are a disgrace but you HAVE to run them. It was smarter to sit at home and burn one to two thousand dollars than load the car and go to a divisional. The pro mod can make more money not only at national events, but you can matchrace a pro mod now like we could the funny car ten years ago.

I saw one of his crew guys at Chicago a couple of years ago and that's what I heard? I don't think I've seen Chuck at a Natl. Event on the FC on 3-4 years!

I saw one of his crew guys at Chicago a couple of years ago and that's what I heard? I don't think I've seen Chuck at a Natl. Event on the FC on 3-4 years!

he sold all the ta/fc stuff to Tom Carter a couple years ago. just took this long to piece the pro mod together with all the right stuff. You coming east anymore this year Joe?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back