Four Wide (1 Viewer)

d'kid

Nitro Member
NEW TREE IMPLEMENTED FOR 4-WIDE NATS...

Sounds like what I thought they were going to do last year...

Rd 1 4 doubles, Rd 2, 2 doubles, Rd 3 Finals...
great for live TV, Rd 1 goes off at noon, over by noon thirty, Rd 2 goes off at one thirty (75 minutes from end of TF rd1) over by one forty five, Finals go off at ten til three, should wrap at three, cut it down to sixty minute turns, it's in the books by at quarter til three....

and no double eliminations... you loose, you're out.

d'kid

I'm glad they are implementing this new tree for this years event. Last year, the two most confusing things were the tree and the scoreboards, hard to tell which time belongs to who. I remember last year, it was Foley, us, and I believe Herbert and all three cars ran 3.91 and we weren't sure whose was better till we got the time slip. I had a great time last year, it was definitely an experience. And a week from now at this time I will be on the bird on my way to this year's event. Not a minute too soon either, I am going stir crazy!

Last edited:
I believe that's exactly how they did it last year,

The new pre-stage, stage bulbs are cool, I have seen it as have I believe all the drivers. Different look, but a step forward.

Alan

AR,

You are Correct, (memory is a horrible thing to loose, just went back and read my ladders, big time 'oldtimers' here )

Thanks for waking me Up

d'kid

i'm curious, when does the 7 sec timer start ??

- after 1 car is fully staged and the other 3 are pre staged
- after 1 car is fully staged and the first of the remaining 3 cars pre stages
- or after 3 cars are fully staged and the last car is pre staged

if the answer is not the first one listed above, then it would seam if one guy wanted to cause panic and screw it up for everybody else, all he would need to do is immediately turn on both staging lights or take his sweet time and dont stage at all until everybody else is fully staged which he can do since the timer wouldnt start until he's pre staged ??

And I'll bet you five dollars to a dog turd that everyone on these drag racing forums who emphatically says they refuse to turn on the television and watch the Charlotte race - watches it anyway. Kind of like riding a MoPed, riding a fat girl or guy, or riding in a Pontiac Aztek. It ain't THAT bad, and no one says you have to tell your friends.

I'll call that bet and raise 50 dog turds! I'm marginal on today's drag racing at best and the four wide has NO appeal at all. Saw it back in the day..didn't like it then, didn't like it last year and won't watch it this year. BTW my attendance at national events has dropped from several a year to none scheduled for this year. Just not as enjoyable as it used to be.

I'll call that bet and raise 50 dog turds!

Ha - well, I might lose a few bets after all. But if I lived 25 miles from the track and two tickets can be had for 60 bucks, I believe I'd go anyway. And if you can't stand 4 wide, enjoy the Sportsman racing and the Pro-class pit action...and all the cuties running around. :)

I'll watch it,don't like it much, hope they have a few 4 wide oildowns to prove once and for all what a piece of unecessary crap 4 wide is.

Ha - and all the cuties running around. :)

Now that might make it worth while, even at 60 bucks a ticket. That's cheaper than a double stack of singles at the local establishment and then listening to my wife. As the country song goes "It's hard to kiss the lips at night that have been chewing on my butt all day".

18 holes in morning, across the parking lot to the race all day, dinner @ hooters
what is there to NOT like about zmax dragway!?
that is damn near the perfect day.

And then there are those of us who think they stink and won't bother to watch at all. To each his own.

i'll get on board with 4-wide as a good thing when the oval guys across the street run the 600 with the first 300 miles in one direction and the second 300 in the opposite direction.... but you can't turn around till you hit 300 miles... which means they will have cars going in two direction at some point....:D

stupid.. yes... but then you get my thoughts on 4-Wide drag racing too...lol...

i'll get on board with 4-wide as a good thing when the oval guys across the street run the 600 with the first 300 miles in one direction and the second 300 in the opposite direction.... But you can't turn around till you hit 300 miles... Which means they will have cars going in two direction at some point....:d

stupid.. Yes... But then you get my thoughts on 4-wide drag racing too...lol...

lmfao!

I Had A Dream:
4 wide to run off the hundreds of stupor class cars and the fuel classes running the 1320 side by side.....:rolleyes:

I'll call that bet and raise 50 dog turds! I'm marginal on today's drag racing at best and the four wide has NO appeal at all. Saw it back in the day..didn't like it then, didn't like it last year and won't watch it this year. BTW my attendance at national events has dropped from several a year to none scheduled for this year. Just not as enjoyable as it used to be.

Sounds a lot like me right there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back