Crew Chiefs And Their Log Books (1 Viewer)

A current owner or crew chief may correct me on this. But in today's electronic age I'm sure every thing is in computers and with the known fact of little to no loyalty I'm sure owners back everything up on a very regular basis like every run. I know in our day I had what was in the system and a back up on disk. The day of a paper book is long gone. Legally in most courts anything an employee develops becomes the intellectual property of the business. Therefore the tune up would stay with the team.

However I have heard a few years ago of computers being "cleaned" and info being put on flash drives prior to people leaving.

The data is usually on the main computer in the hauler...and on the crew chiefs laptop.

Remember that Dougzilla incident when his CC left?
Lots of hurt feelings with that departure.

I would have to bet that copies are made and knowlingly or not, both parties end up with a set

I would venture to say that the most important info the crew chiefs need to know are in their head anyway, so it's probably a relatively moot point other than record keeping.

I would venture to say that the most important info the crew chiefs need to know are in their head anyway, so it's probably a relatively moot point other than record keeping.
Maybe a baseline...but, they sure spend a lot of time going over their tuneup on their laptop at the hotel.:D

This may be a dumb question, but JFR has their own cylinder head, blower, clutch programs and their own chassis program. DSR has their own cylinder head, blower, clutch and chassis programs too. How transferrable is that data? Don't get me wrong, Jimmy Prock is a very smart dude and will have it figured out in very short order, but I am wondering if the notebook is really that valuable in this instance.

This may be a dumb question, but JFR has their own cylinder head, blower, clutch programs and their own chassis program. DSR has their own cylinder head, blower, clutch and chassis programs too. How transferrable is that data? Don't get me wrong, Jimmy Prock is a very smart dude and will have it figured out in very short order, but I am wondering if the notebook is really that valuable in this instance.

I basically wondered the same thing.

But like you said, he's a very smart dude, as are all of these top-shelf crew chiefs. Like was said before, I realize these guys are constantly pouring over the information in their respective logs, but like was also said before, these guys have so much in their head already.......

If any of us came into a kazillion dollars tomorrow and decided to go fuel racing, I have no doubt you could hire anyone of Prock's caliber and be hauling a$$ in no time with no more information at their disposal other than what's bouncing around in their minds.

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back