Changes to National Records? (1 Viewer)

you have to understand that when they go to the booked in races run chicago style they don't want to distract from the monster trucks and bikini races

While not a fan of it, there would still be records. We still have MPH hour records even though there are no points for it.

With the current points system, its not like points matter anymore anyways.

e.t. is rewarded with 3 types of points.....it makes for some drama @ indy and potentially more @ season's end.
races are won and lost on e.t. and reaction time; mph is not a factor, only a byproduct of a low e.t.
i would like to see the low e.t. record stay as additional points, maybe 10 pts. instead of 20?, but instead of one driver getting only
10 points at one race, you get 10 points when you set a new low mark.
i.e. at one event 3 drivers break and reset the national low e.t. mark.....30 points are awarded at that race, 10 to each driver as they
lower the previous mark.....no backup of e.t. required

They do that Zap and I'm gone............................................................................

I'm not saying I hope they do it, On Fire - just sayin it would solve a lot of NHRA's goals.
1) lower speeds
2) lower cost to racers
3) lower clean-up cost
4) lower clean up down time
5) increase car count...............( could go to 32 car fields easy)
6) could also return to 1320

Just sayin it does have advantages............

I'm not saying I hope they do it, On Fire - just sayin it would solve a lot of NHRA's goals.
1) lower speeds
2) lower cost to racers
3) lower clean-up cost

One MAJOR disadvantage, no one wants to watch AA/Gas, either in person or on TV.

Nitro sells tickets.

1) lower speeds
2) lower cost to racers
3) lower clean-up cost

Wouldn't that be slower than A fuel and Alcohol?

John, I was thinkin make TAD the top class. But you could ban all nitro & go AA/GD - blown gas dragster. If ya wanted.

Our young members may think drag racing couldn't survive without nitro. Wrong. NHRA banned nitro once before, back in the day, for 6 yrs and drag racing
did NOT go away. IHRA dropped T/F and made Nitro F/C their top class for a while, and they are still here.

Again folks I'm NOT suggesting this ban, I'm just saying it has it's good points, and the sport wouldn't end without T/F & nitro F/C

2 problems with a Nitro ban...
1- the NHRA would end up 2nd to IHRA
2- the NHRA is addicted to Nitro like crack......

3rd problem.... "Gas mater" sounds too much like Gas monkey......:eek:

They do that Zap and I'm gone............................................................................
I would be gone also. I have done all the alternatives that drag racing has to offer and i'm just not interested in what would be left. But, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me as long as there is still nascar, indy car, and sprint car racing for me to enjoy.:)

Talking about banning nitro as a way to achieve all the positives listed above is just silly. Nitro is what sets NHRA apart from every other motorsport, and that's what NHRA has marketed for many years now. I agree with Bob, we need MORE nitro classes. Let's bring back lightweight, small-block injected fuel slingshots! Back to the discussion on National records, I really hope they leave it alone, although I believe they should reward speed records as well. BTW, unless I'm not seeing it, has anyone been able to find the National Records for the Pro classes in National Dragster?

John, I was thinkin make TAD the top class. But you could ban all nitro & go AA/GD - blown gas dragster. If ya wanted.

Our young members may think drag racing couldn't survive without nitro. Wrong. NHRA banned nitro once before, back in the day, for 6 yrs and drag racing
did NOT go away. IHRA dropped T/F and made Nitro F/C their top class for a while, and they are still here.

Again folks I'm NOT suggesting this ban, I'm just saying it has it's good points, and the sport wouldn't end without T/F & nitro F/C

A different era.

I ran top gas and then top fuel back in the day (shows how old I am) lol. Top Fuel was much better and AHRA and Jim Tice kicked NHRA and Wally's butt during that time. That's the sole reason that Wally relented to allowing fuel. NHRA couldn't draw flies let alone cars or fans during the ban once they got a taste of fuel cars. .

I ran top gas and then top fuel back in the day (shows how old I am) lol. Top Fuel was much better and AHRA and Jim Tice kicked NHRA and Wally's butt during that time.

this is why I'm on this site...to hear from those who were involved "back in the day" since I was too young and didn't have any car crazy relatives. Keep up with the good info, I absorb it like a sponge!
oldpooter.gif

I feel the need to note that there are two Sapienza's on this site and we are very different. :p:D

I will make sure we up Dad's meds....again:)

Sincerely
The Nitro 4 Life Sapienza

I was at Pomona for "The Run" and it was edge of your seat excitement - regardless of the shenanigans that took place on the starting line the night before.

And who didn't get excited every time Beckman came to the starting line late in the "regular" season, and then even more so when everyone else caught on for the countdown. Most of us grew to anticipate monster runs from the floppers & paid close attention to the points implications each time.

I'm not sure what would possess someone to attempt, or even want to detract from that thrilling emotional roller coaster.

i have my fingers, arms, toes and legs crossed for 2016 and 2017......nhra is NOT what it was just 15 years ago,
and changes implemented since don't seem to have helped.
new president and TV deal: i hope it all works, even just a little at a time.
75k fans per event (x24) and a tv rating of .35 - .40 ???? what are the magic marks nhra needs to reach so companies
like bud, coors, lite, rockstar, valvoline, castrol, k&n, geico, state farm, catepillar, ups, shell, etc. do not hesitate to
associate with and sponsor professional teams again?....anyone know what levels they are trying to achieve?

nitro is the glue that holds it all together; lose it and kiss what we know as pro nhra goodbye.
a little more cackle would be a fan favorite, along with throttle wacks and longer burnouts.
what show do you want to see?....nhra as it existed in 90's?....or nhra as it exists today?.....you can only pick one.
i'll take 90's blindfolded. all day, everyday

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back