BRADENTON'S 339 MPH RUN HAPPENED ON THE SCOREBOARD BUT NOT IN REALITY (1 Viewer)

I saw that. It's a misprint. I dunno....if he did run 341 they had that thing really zinging past the 660. Robert Hight's 3.79/338 record pass numbers were 3.07/294; Tasca's, 3.12/291. That's a 50mph gain from 660 to 1000.

I hope it's legit or else discarded quickly. I'm sure nobody including Tasca wants to speculate about the legitimacy from now on.
Hight had laid back headers. Also, most of the time their not going to tell you if it had a hole out late in the run or hurt a piston.

In Tasca's defense, I'd say the blocks, cylinder heads and blowers have improved since then.

There's a John Stewart profile on Facebook, calling us idiots for being skeptical about Tasca's run. There's nothing that suggests that profile is legitimate (no friends, one post in four years) and Facebook is full of fakes.

More racers are posting their congrats to Tasca, so I'm leaning to legit now.

Last edited:
Looking at the reactions of Tasca and his crew, I’d say the run was legitimate.
Congrats to everybody with that team.
So, when do they go for 350? (Slightly tongue in cheek)

I am leaning towards Tasca's run as being legit as well. If the clocks are off, then other cars should be getting random big speeds as well. And why would Tasca, by sheer coincidence, have a "clock malfunction" a 2nd time, and appear to record the two fastest runs of the weekend if the times weren't legit?

It appears true that the incrementals aren't consistent with other big speeds in the past, such as Salinas 300.00 + mph at the 1/8th mile. But maybe Tasca's crew chiefs have stumbled onto something to get that big push of speed (but not necessarily ET) in that last stretch between 1/8th mile and the 1000 ft finish line. I'd like to hear or read an interview with his crew chiefs to see what they have to say.

I don't believe anyone should be chastised for questioning the run and I don't believe Tasca and his team has hard feelings for anyone who did. Milestone moments in all of sports are always reviewed. But after thinking about it for a day or two I'd say let's just go with it and give Tasca his due for one hell of a pass. If something is revealed later then it is what it is - but for now it's 341.68.

Tasca said they set it up for MPH, so..... I think it was legit. Glad that 340 has finally been done, altho wish it had been T/F. Interesting to me that T/F speeds weren't aLL that fast, so maybe they set the cars up for ET.

IF the cars are not NHRA limited to RPM - Header Angle and Clerance or Pre Set controls AT THIS RACE it changes things a lot. If it dosen't change anything the restrictions are not needed.

Last edited:
Tasca said they set it up for MPH, so..... I think it was legit. Glad that 340 has finally been done, altho wish it had been T/F. Interesting to me that T/F speeds weren't aLL that fast, so maybe they set the cars up for ET.
The ETs have been good (3.66) but not otherworldly. You'd think a TF car would be the speed champion but at 330 plus, it's all about coefficient of drag. Advantage: Funny Cars.

IF the cars are not NHRA limited to RPM - Header Angle and Clerance or Pre Set controls AT THIS RACE it changes things a lot. If it dosen't change anything the restrictions are not needed.
I think this right here drove the final nail in the laid-back coffiin....

Attachments

• 2016-10-31_01-27-01.jpg
    2016-10-31_01-27-01.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 36
I saw Tascas tires right after the run. They were not burned in the middle, hooked up all the way.

They are not "Hooked up all the way" they are spinning all the way down. A perfect run never hooks up completely.

Alan
I dont believe I saw any tire marks except for Salinas 1 run on the track.There was about an12in pattern on Tascas tires, I would think on that run, they surely would have spun. The crews said more glue was used at Bradenton than what was used at national events.

I did notice the traction compound seemed to be applied to most of the length. Not sure if that’s normal. If that helps keep them glued and improves runs, I’m for it.

I’ve read before that a funny car’s body loads the engine harder than it does on a top fueler’s. The bigger engine load requires more fuel.
More fuel means more power. The faster the car is going, the heavier the load.

A funny car weighs more than a dragster, which is why the dragster is quicker. But, the funny car is a lot more aerodynamic, thus faster speeds. There have always been attempts at streamlining a dragster, but always added too much weight. I have often wondered if someone could build a short (say 140" WB) streamlined dragster, with a funny car type chassis, and weighed the same as a T/F car now - how quick and fast would it go? Maybe 3.50's and 345? Just my 2 cents.

There was so much glue down in Bradenton I saw on video a guy lost his shoe and sock, fell on his butt and after they pulled him up there was a negative image of his jeans and it’s leather tag on the track😂

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back