BRADENTON'S 339 MPH RUN HAPPENED ON THE SCOREBOARD BUT NOT IN REALITY (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't be that surprised that if they have the software in the timing system setup to where if a car runs over 340, like let's say 340.40 that it would invert the speed to 339.60 just so a 340+ speed doesn't show on the boards.

Accurate timing is important to me. Disappointed that doesn't seem present at this event.

Accurate timing is important to me. Disappointed that doesn't seem present at this event.
Jack just said they found the problem.... it was a beam alignment issue at the finish line. He also said Bob Tasca's 339.87 from earlier tonight should be legit.

Last edited:
They just said on Flo, that Bob Brockmeyer said it was a legitimate run. They also said Tasca was 291 mph to the 1/8. For reference, Hight's 339.87 was 292.27 to the 1/8.

BRING ON 340!!!!!!

You can download the Bradenton (dragbmp) on your phone and get the incrementals on every run. I guess up in the booth they don't know about it. I was expecting more pit cams but at the tail end of the show they said SAturday would have more. I thought Jamie and Courtney did well reporting.

Still not convinced. There have been great runs in both lanes ET wise all week, but the big speed only happens in the left. Let’s see the front wheel speed graph. ;)

Many years ago cars (Bikes - Etc) were Speed timed with a set of beams that were 66’ before the ET trap and then 66’ after the trap. The time it took was than converted to Speed. Now I am not sure how far apart they are but if it is still the same way and a lot closer it seems that it is exponentially harder to get an accurate reading as the speed increases depending on how long it takes for the system to read. Is it Milliseconds - Nanoseconds or how many times a second. The original argument was that if the car was still accelerating, unless it was constant the result was skewed. It's very possible that with todays technology this is more accurate, but seems that unless you are on a glass smooth surface with the vehicle glued to the ground and no light or particle interference in the air and even sound to vibrate the ground it could possibly skew the number.

Last edited:
It was 66' before and 66' after. Now it is 66' total, from 934' to 1000' for Nitro cars and 1254' to 1320' for everyone else.
The trap was shortened at least in part to discourage running the car past the finish line.

The sensors are much more accurate now, and the computer can figure well beyond what the readout sows on the screen or timeslip.

Alan

It was 66' before and 66' after. Now it is 66' total, from 934' to 1000' for Nitro cars and 1254' to 1320' for everyone else.
The trap was shortened at least in part to discourage running the car past the finish line.

The sensors are much more accurate now, and the computer can figure well beyond what the readout sows on the screen or timeslip.

Alan
Thank you - I did know it was 132’ and changed it before posting but had a (Presidential memory moment).

Alan
If I understand it correctly, the 132' setup averaged the first 66 and the last 66 to determine a stripe speed. So how does the system determine the stripe speed now? Obviously, if it's still averaging then it's slow.

If I understand it correctly, the 132' setup averaged the first 66 and the last 66 to determine a stripe speed. So how does the system determine the stripe speed now? Obviously, if it's still averaging then it's slow.
The time required to cover the 132 feet was converted to a speed. That's it, that's all. A car that covered the 132 foot speed trap in 0.36 seconds would show a speed of 250 mph. I hope my math is right.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back