Bill Glidden to run pro stock at Indy (1 Viewer)

It'd be a hoot if he won!

It sure would be, but more realistically I think it'd be a hoot if he qualified.

I wonder what's up with Enders? Last word I remember hearing is that they were skipping a race or two so Nickens could find some power......guess he hasn't found anything yet?

It's great to see Bill and Shannon in Pro Stock. M/T is definitely getting some "bang for the buck" out of him running at Indy! If he has enough power, he has the ability and know how to get down the track. I am glad to see Bill and Bob back at the track. It would be great to see Rusty and Etta there cheering them on.....

taken from Yellowbullet.com

I am actually not feeling pressure to perform. I am actually just wanting to get it together, and stage, so not to let folks down that I did not make it, I truely have no expectations, I figure this was 23rd hour for Steve, and he has several cars already with engines, so I can not really expect the same as his regulars, or him, I appreciate his taking on this task so late. Thanks everyone, BG

Nice run for Bill, give him 2 or 3 more mph and the hp that goes with it and that would have been a great run. Not too bad for not running a Pro Stock car in 10 years.

Does anyone know Bill's plans for the rest of the year now. I hope there is more to come, that was not a bad start, considering.

Does anyone know Bill's plans for the rest of the year now. I hope there is more to come, that was not a bad start, considering.

I am sure he will come on and say but he said it was just a one race deal but he is working with Mickey Thompson so we will see. I would say having the 8th motor of Schmidt's in the race already, a car he just picked up a few days before the event and not even sitting in the car until the first qualifying session really, he didnt do too bad at all. He made it down 4 outta 5 passes. As he said, atleast he looked like he knew what he was doing! I would love to see Bill back out there. Him and Shannon are good people. I am also pumped that Bob is back. It just isint right not having a Glidden involved in PS in some capacity.

We really have no plans. But we have some folks that are very enthusiastic about our being able to race. I have been offered a chance to test a few parts and pieces for a few folks. I feel it is an awesome opportunity to get more seat time, and also become better pre-paired for our upcoming tire testing. If we can perform under the microscope of a national event, then tire testing in private should be a breeze. We are just glad we are able to do this, thanks to all those who make this happen, and man is that list long! BG

The yb is actually yellowbullet.com, thats where I call home on the internet, but be warned, those folks can eat you alive, hehe, BG

Y'all did good Billy. 6.79 out of the box on a car/motor you never had a pass on, Nuthin' to hang your head about there sir. Come to Vegas 2 and give it another crack!!!

Y'all did good Billy. 6.79 out of the box on a car/motor you never had a pass on, Nuthin' to hang your head about there sir. Come to Vegas 2 and give it another crack!!!
I was not disappointed at all, heck I really had not even sat in the car on the ground until friday. I just wanted to run at indy somehow, but after two runs, I wanted to be competitive, thats where the being disappointed was seeping in, but Steve Schmidt did awesome just getting us an engine to run, let alone an engine that ran as well as we ran. I have been away from prostock for a few years, but have had a stint or two, I worked with Dad and the two cars for a week. I have also had my own car, and also have a great wealth of folks to help out. As for vegas, man thats 2000 miles away, and I have no business, going all the way over there, these fellow are tough, and I have a few event to race the old mustang at yet this season. Thank you for the great review though, BG

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back