Pro Stock Consecutive Finals (1 Viewer)

Like was said on another thread, it's all in the manifolds. They are covered up for a reason.

As was also alluded to in that thread, anticipating the move to EFI in the future and getting a jump on development is not cheating. It's called being smart!
Unless you were told prior to everyone that it would be Part number ### of EFI

Considering that the development reportedly started 3 years ago, it would be rather hard to see that far into the future to know what part #'s were going to be used....

So the new rules without part numbers were released July 2015 and you believe Summit started 3 years ago? So i guess they went out and bought every EFI, manifold, cylinder head, scoop, on the market from several manufactures hoping one of them was the one NHRA approved. OR did they possibly get a "heads up" as to what would be approved. Other wise there must be a Hell of a sale of used obsolete EFI,manifolds, heads worth thousands of dollars from several manufacturers going down at KB Racing. Oh and I have some ocean front property for sale for you in Oklahoma.

Get Real, Nobody and I mean Nobody dominates like they are without some "extra" help from someone/something no one else is willing to do.

whatever is happening, nobody is giving any particulars.....it's just the same boring press releases about working hard and finding more HP as the others will one day catch up.....even in event notebook on complus the other PS teams are not written about much or not at all recently. IMO summit has hogan manifolds built exclusively for them that all other variables being equal, they are worth a couple hundredths on the field.

I seem to remember Greg giving a specific shout-out to Hogan Racing Manifolds a couple of races ago. I have to believe they're getting a lot of help from them. The teams results lead the Hogan website prominently.

Yes, I understand Hogan Manifolds MAY have had something to do with their domination. However Hogan is in business to sell manifolds. By now they would all have them. Its not just a manifold. Unless KB just bought out Hogan and refused to sell to anyone else.

Anyone remember Wilson Manifolds who started working his magic on NASCAR manifolds?

Someone once asked me to take a look at three brand new manifolds still in there boxes and tell him which one is the one that produced 40 more HP on a dyno pull.

I looked over the runners on each one and could not figure out which one had been tricked up and my friend looked at me and said neither can the NASCAR tech guy's

Jim Hill
http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

for all we know all the top PS engine builders all have their own 'secrets'......add the new EFI rules and parts, everyone
takes their best shot and there is a good chance someone will miss, someone will be competitive, and someone mite dominate;
and if they have exclusivity then so be it....do you think elite was going to go around telling everyone how they were on top the
last two years?

All I would like to see is more competition in Pro Stock each week instead of two teams members in the final every week.

I have never been a fan of multi-car teams for this very same reason.

I know it's to much to ask for a level playing field but even a fairly level playing field would be better then what we have now.

I also think the NHRA realizes that they may loose fans if something does not change in Pro Stock in order to put on a better show for everyone.

Just my opinion.

Jim Hill

Loose fans because teams repeat ? I don't think so. What's more exciting than seeing a pitcher approaching a "no hitter", or a bowler nearing a 300 game?
Would anyone get up and leave after the 9th frame ? Ho-hum another strike. If anything the Summit streak is building interest in the class.....how long can they keep the streak going ?? (jmo)

Loose fans because teams repeat ? I don't think so. What's more exciting than seeing a pitcher approaching a "no hitter", or a bowler nearing a 300 game?
Would anyone get up and leave after the 9th frame ? Ho-hum another strike. If anything the Summit streak is building interest in the class.....how long can they keep the streak going ?? (jmo)
If you knew week after week that some pitcher or bowler had very little resistance to obtain their "perfect" feat, interest in that accomplishment would diminish very quickly. You said it best.."Ho-hum another strike"
You think those of us who arent Summit fanboys get excited about these "no-hitters" against our "batters"? Hardly! No matter whether it was Summits` hard work , good fortune , whatever .... its getting old.
Also in keeping with your baseball analogy for this "yawnfest" they call Pro Stock this year, look at why people hate The Yankees (the #1 reason) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/393399-10-reasons-why-the-yankees-are-americas-most-hated-team
As far as generating interest in the class this year , show me where this positive buzz you mentioned is reported/created in the media, etc. by this Summit domination.

Last edited:
not a 'fanboy'....more to it than that.....and as has been stated in many previous threads,
the nhra has survived thru many dominate streaks over the years.

Last edited:
If you knew week after week that some pitcher or bowler had very little resistance to obtain their "perfect" feat, interest in that accomplishment would diminish very quickly. You said it best.."Ho-hum another strike"
You think those of us who arent Summit fanboys get excited about these "no-hitters" against our "batters"? Hardly! No matter whether it was Summits` hard work , good fortune , whatever .... its getting old.
Also in keeping with your baseball analogy for this "yawnfest" they call Pro Stock this year, look at why people hate The Yankees (the #1 reason) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/393399-10-reasons-why-the-yankees-are-americas-most-hated-team
As far as generating interest in the class this year , show me where this positive buzz you mentioned is reported/created in the media, etc. by this Summit domination.

I'm not a "Summit fanboy" , I'm a P/S class fan. I like the fact that they use what mother nature gives them, they leave R's up, and they shift gears. I am also a fan of performance no mater who does it. Lets face it, in our sport someone is going to win every race, there are no ties. But to repeat, week after week, at different tracks, & conditions, THAT to me is a true champion regardless of what name is on your door.

Paul want to take a wild guess which one wins this week?

Yes this is really exciting Pro Stock Racing!!!!

Remember the NHRA powers are watching just what kind of show their putting on for the fans.

I am also a Pro Stock fan but would really like to see more competition instead of just domination !!!!

Jim Hill

Those two cars that are dominating are now running quicker and faster with fuel injection than they did a year ago with carburetors.at the same race,

Did this just occur, or was it earlier?
Thanks for any information...

Bill

Those two cars that are dominating are now running quicker and faster with fuel injection than they did a year ago with carburetors.at the same race,

Did this just occur, or was it earlier?
Thanks for any information...

Bill

Are you referring to Norwalk? Last years low ET was 6.53 by Erica, and the majority of the elimination times were in the 6.50s. This year they had an event best of 6.56 and no quicker than 6.63 in eliminations. I don't believe they have had a race yet this year that they bettered their times from 2015. I'm curious to see how Denver will play out. I'm thinking 7.0's will be a great pass with most in the 7.1x.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back