Pro Stock Consecutive Finals (1 Viewer)

First of all, karma is a female child of an unwed mother, isn't it? I am betting there is a compilation of "go kick his a-s" from RJ, running on an unless loop in the KB racing skunk works. I couldn't think of a better motivator.

Frankly, I am enjoying Elite's donkey-whipping. I am amazed at how calm and professional KB's team is this season.

The only viable fix for pro stock is the Factory Stock program now just getting started. I still believe win on Sunday, buy on Monday is still a very valid truism. The Pro Stock cars must look STRONGLY like what you see on the dealer lot. The only worse example of "Emperor with no clothes" in racing is those sad sedan things they try and foist on us in NASCAR. It's a Fusion son, can't you see the sticker?

First of all, karma is a female child of an unwed mother, isn't it? I am betting there is a compilation of "go kick his a-s" from RJ, running on an unless loop in the KB racing skunk works. I couldn't think of a better motivator.

Frankly, I am enjoying Elite's donkey-whipping. I am amazed at how calm and professional KB's team is this season.

The only viable fix for pro stock is the Factory Stock program now just getting started. I still believe win on Sunday, buy on Monday is still a very valid truism. The Pro Stock cars must look STRONGLY like what you see on the dealer lot. The only worse example of "Emperor with no clothes" in racing is those sad sedan things they try and foist on us in NASCAR. It's a Fusion son, can't you see the sticker?
While I do not disagree with the principle of the FS program ... the one current flaw I see is that the Big 3 have only produced COPOs, Drag Paks, and Cobra Jets in limited production quantities and in various power train configurations. So unless Ford, Chevy, and Dodge are going to jump in bed with a professional level class and produce cars as needed, this may not happen. I don't think the Big 3 specialty vehicle centers would be interested in this type of ongoing activity. How responsive would they be able to be when they are getting orders to replace a crashed car for a contending team.

I personally don't think this is a simple as some make it out to be. Certainly not just a flip of the switch by any stretch.

Well, altitude seems to have brought the cars closer together, I know what altitude does to performance It didn't seem to affect the Doges as much as the Chevrolets, quite interesting, waiting to see what happens at Sonoma.

The KB cars came around in eliminations, and were fast, they just got beat. As boring as it may get to have teams dominate, it does build a lot of excitement for when they get beat.

Dave, I'm wondering with the plethora of data you have, if you could put together an all time winning percentage chart. It's always bugged me when I hear a top end interview after a win and the interviewer says, "you just passed Big Daddy Don Garlits on the all time Top Fuel wins list, how does that feel?" With 20+ events in the modern era of NHRA, to me, it's unfair to compare total wins of drivers today versus drivers from the past. If they had 20+ events when Garlits, Glidden, Muldowney, C. Kalitta, Prudhomme, etc., were in their primes, I think we can all agree their win totals would be higher. Instead of total wins, I want to see who has the greatest winning percentages of all time. How many events did they attend, and of those, what percentage did they walk away the winner? I would love to see a top 20/25 list for each of the four pro classes, and ultimately, a top 50 or 75 or 100 greatest winning percentage regardless of class (Manzo, Blaine Johnson, Pat Austin, Rampy, Fletcher come to mind). Unless you have the time/data let's just look at national events and leave out the divisionals. As for the early days, I'll leave it up to you if you want to count 'big events' like March Meet as a national event.

Maybe Alan Reinhart can get you in touch with Lewis Bloom to help out. :)

If this is way too much work, no worries, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Hey Frank, I found an article you might find interesting, although it is 15 years old.

http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=37798&Filter=Year2001#indextop

Sorry I'm a little late, but thanks for posting this Dave. Funny, as I started reading the article I realized I had read it before. I loved how Bob Frey would always attach some stats/numbers to his articles. Too bad he stopped with just those three, but man did they have some great winning percentages or what?

Yeah they sure did. Still do as a matter of fact. Even though that was 15 years ago, Force is probably still pretty high on the winning percentage, even with a number of lean years lately.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back