Big Top End Crash between John Force and Jonnie Lindberg (1 Viewer)

It's not an uncommon occurrence these days for the fuel cars to pulls the mains studs out of the block.

Man alive... Some of the posts in this thread are ridiculous. Take 10 minutes and think it through before you post people.

Yes jonnie was pissed he just had a funny car rammed up his ass.......He had to get a tire mark off his helmet for Christ sake

Force builds his own blocks, so calling out AJ is off the mark. And Jim and Jonnie have a unique business arrangement that obviously no one here knows about and it's not my business to share the details of.

Alan

Timely question here: Who's got their finger on the remote kill button on John's car back at the starting line? They seem to be a little late in the RT department....

Force builds his own blocks, so calling out AJ is off the mark. And Jim and Jonnie have a unique business arrangement that obviously no one here knows about and it's not my business to share the details of.

Alan

I am very careful as to what I say based on interviews or conversations with those involved. John stated in todays interview on NHRA Facebook they were working with AJPE to correct the problem, hence the AJPE reference. If as stated above it is a problem across the board, they all need to review their alloy's, heat treatment and engineering practices.

I don't know there is an alloy or heat treat or whatever that will contain it when it has a hole out at the step it is beating the bottom end to death as bad as that boomer was I am sure the crank or cam broke there is enough fuel in these things now it is damn near a solid when the motor is running perfect when it is misfiring from the word go boom goes the dynamite

I am very careful as to what I say based on interviews or conversations with those involved. John stated in todays interview on NHRA Facebook they were working with AJPE to correct the problem, hence the AJPE reference. If as stated above it is a problem across the board, they all need to review their alloy's, heat treatment and engineering practices.
AS Alan stated they run JFR blocks and engine components in the Funny Cars the Dragster runs AJPE as long as Alan is overseeing it

Timely question here: Who's got their finger on the remote kill button on John's car back at the starting line? They seem to be a little late in the RT department....
It's not a matter of reaction time, it's probably more what the driver & crew chief have agreed on to use or not to use the switch.

Ken,
It is more a matter of AJ is with the team on the dragster side so they are soliciting his expertise and opinion to try to find a solution. I spoke to John in depth Monday at Wild Horse when Robert was testing and the most confusing thing to him is why they are running the same parts, and basically the same tune up, but Robert is hauling ass, Courtney is hauling ass, and John is blowing up regularly. John's the boss, so it's not like Jimmy or Danny are going to keep a secret from him, or not help. John Scheafer (sp) and Jason Mc. are also pretty smart guys, and they are damn sure smart enough that they wouldn't tell the other CCs that they didn't want or need help.

The Pomona qualifying blow up is one that they were able to pinpoint the exact cause of so even though that seems part of the pattern, it really isn't. But something is going on with John's car that isn't with the others and that's what they need to determine. What's different? That's what they are trying to figure out, and it's really annoying when you know that you are doing the right thing, but you are getting ZERO results.

Alan
P.S. This is all in conversational tone, not arguing, just discussing.

It's not a matter of reaction time, it's probably more what the driver & crew chief have agreed on to use or not to use the switch.
That could become a problem, as the technology has been implimented, with the unspoken goal of keeping the drivers (and fans) safe, and yet, it can still be "overridden" based on the boss telling the trigger guy to just let it ride.

I've made my feelings about remote controls be know in threads past- not a fan.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back