Big Top End Crash between John Force and Jonnie Lindberg (1 Viewer)

shows how strong the parachute lines are....after he ran under Force, Lindberg towed him all the way through the top end and flung the car ahead of him.

To lift John's spirits, we should chip in for a Nitromater sponsored "Fastest Trailer Award" :)

FS1 view of the crash:

Was there any real need for Jonnie Lindberg to stomp around like an angry 2 year old after getting out of his car? Glad both are alright at the very least. We were watching it on All Access, we were worried about how long it took for them to announce the drivers' condition.

I didn't like how Jonnie didn't check on Force's condition....and when the Hurst Jaws were dragged over to cut Force's cage, the real worry set in for me....

also, Jonnie had the option of switching it off after Force went through the lights...already the winner. I believe he ran into Force unnecessarily (Haddock stopped before hitting Brittany)

Last edited:
Looking at the very last video, you can see the Safety Safari truck start to pull out from the far end very shortly after John's engine explodes (2:19). You have to love the professionalism of these guys.

How many times have we said something about JF crossing the center line. Always saying how lucky he was not to hit the opponent. We the law of averages cought up to him.
Remember Jay Payne getting benched? Well maybe it's John's turn.

I didn't like how Jonnie didn't check on Force's condition....and when the Hurst Jaws were dragged over to cut Force's cage, the real worry set in for me....
Safety Safari was already there, what the hell was Jonnie supposed to do?

" I believe he ran into Force unnecessarily "
That might be the dumbest statement i have ever heard. You ever even sat in a funny car? You cant see anything out of the side, They sure as hell don't stop on a dime and they don't actually steer like your daily driver. Lets see. I'm cruising along at a pretty good clip, I have absolutely no desire to protect my life. I'm just going to crash into they guy wrecking in front of me. Why the F not. And while I'm at it I'll just ruin my bosses $200,000 dollar race car.

Last edited:
How many times have we said something about JF crossing the center line. Always saying how lucky he was not to hit the opponent. We the law of averages cought up to him.
Harry the law of averages applies to everyone. Do you really think John crossed over because he can't drive? Did you see the explosion? So many people forget how quickly a driver gets turned into a passenger when things go wrong with these cars. I agree with the posts stating something needs to change to lessen the number of explosions we're seeing. The parts and pieces being produced today are light years ahead of what was available several years ago, yet they're still turning them into shrapnel. Between the danger and the insane costs, time for some changes.

How many times have we said something about JF crossing the center line. Always saying how lucky he was not to hit the opponent. We the law of averages cought up to him. Remember Jay Payne getting benched? Well maybe it's John's turn.

Yeah like John intentionally exploded the engine, intentionally lost the body and thus the downforce, and intentionally steered the car right into Lindberg's lane. :rolleyes: Please. Once that engine exploded, John was nothing more than a passenger. I think what John should do is look for another crew chief. That's two big explosion in a row that has sent him to the hospital.

also, Jonnie had the option of switching it off after Force went through the lights...already the winner. I believe he ran into Force unnecessarily (Haddock stopped before hitting Brittany)

Wow, really? Congrats on winning the internet yesterday. DUMBEST thing I've read yet in 2018. What flavor is you JFR Kool-aid?

1. You run to the stripe, ALWAYS (unless you redlight)
2. All the drivers have blinders on their helmets I doubt he saw him coming until he was already underneath him turning his Camry into a Convertible.

Last edited:
Has there been anything mentioned about what caused each of Force's explosions?
Was it the same issue?

Yeah like John intentionally exploded the engine, intentionally lost the body and thus the downforce, and intentionally steered the car right into Lindberg's lane. :rolleyes: Please. Once that engine exploded, John was nothing more than a passenger. I think what John should do is look for another crew chief. That's two big explosion in a row that has sent him to the hospital.
Couldn't agree more Sam. If my tuneup has sent me to the hospital 2 races in a row, I am 1) going to want to know what we have changed (why) ... and 2) looking to make a change immediately in the tuneup philosophy or a crew chief change is in the offing.

Last edited:
Actually, it's very understandable why Lindberg was so upset: (1) The crash was none of his wrongdoing. (2) He is driving for an independent owner (Head) and is aware of the absolute need to minimize damage and costs. (3) He is aware of the controversy and suspicions surrounding Force's lack of car control, even though he didn't know at the time of the crash what had actually transpired.

Considering how rare 2 car wrecks are in drag racing, this was at least the 4th time John has been involved in one. You can't put the blame on anyone really. With that butterfly steering wheel whipping back and forth, I wouldn't recommend trying to grab it to steer the thing. You'll break fingers, your hands, or your wrists! It was really scary seeing his head getting bounced around inside the cage and then getting dragged back and forth from wall to wall in Lindberg's parachutes. Glad everyone is okay in the deal.

Considering how rare 2 car wrecks are in drag racing, this was at least the 4th time John has been involved in one. You can't put the blame on anyone really. With that butterfly steering wheel whipping back and forth, I wouldn't recommend trying to grab it to steer the thing. You'll break fingers, your hands, or your wrists! It was really scary seeing his head getting bounced around inside the cage and then getting dragged back and forth from wall to wall in Lindberg's parachutes. Glad everyone is okay in the deal.

can happen to anyone...

..... It was really scary seeing his head getting bounced around inside the cage and then getting dragged back and forth from wall to wall in Lindberg's parachutes. Glad everyone is okay in the deal.
We had All Access on in the shop while working on our car and noticed that too. Then when it took so long to get any word on his condition was a little nerve wracking. He certainly put the HANS to a test!

We had All Access on in the shop while working on our car and noticed that too. Then when it took so long to get any word on his condition was a little nerve wracking. He certainly put the HANS to a test!

and that rollcage padding they developed after Eric died

It seems like with almost every run in TF and FC there is an engine and/or blower explosion. Just wondering when the insurance companies will step in and demand that changes be made (Don't ask me what the answer is...I don't know). Sponsors might just bow out when their requested funds for sponsorship keep going up.

This might be a dumb question but do these racers have any type of on-track insurance for crashes? Would Force pay for Head's car or is this just the "cost of racing"?

Are you seriously going to say that this was Force's fault??? Put any other driver in that same situation and the result is the same...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back