Jonnie Lindberg TAFC/TMFC 268.86 Mph (1 Viewer)

NitroChrisUK

Nitro Member
is the Speed Jonnie Lindberg Ran in Tierp Sweden This Morning in his Top Methanol/Alcohol Funny Car. which is Faster than Frank Manzo's 268.06 set in 2011. just wondering if his record was ever beaten and not backed up ? his E.T was 5.43 by the way. Congrats to Jonnie and the entire Lindberg Team

Last edited:
He needs to be running here, what track was that at? Im curious what kind of R's that thing was turning in the Traps, 11,000? That new track is just shattering all the records in a hurry!

is the Speed Jonnie Lindberg Ran in Tierp Sweden This Morning in his Top Methanol/Alcohol Funny Car. which is Faster than Frank Manzo's 268.06 set in 2011. just wondering if his record was ever beaten and not backed up ? his E.T was 5.43 by the way. Congrats to Jonnie and the entire Lindberg Team

Is there a video link Chris?

Great run!

Just an FYI...I just read the ANDRA rulebook and their overdrive limit for PSI superchargers over there is 125%, not 92% like we have here in USA's Wally World. That equates to about 10 more pounds of boost and around 400 more horsepower.

Not to dimish the run, but I would venture to guess that if you handed Manzo some 125% pulleys he'd likely stick it in the mid to low 5.30's at north of 275 MPH is the right conditions.

If I am incorrect please advise...and accept my apologies.

Randy

Great run!

Just an FYI...I just read the ANDRA rulebook and their overdrive limit for PSI superchargers over there is 125%, not 92% like we have here in USA's Wally World. That equates to about 10 more pounds of boost and around 400 more horsepower.

Not to dimish the run, but I would venture to guess that if you handed Manzo some 125% pulleys he'd likely stick it in the mid to low 5.30's at north of 275 MPH is the right conditions.

Randy

Randy, Tierp is in Sweden and sanctioned by the FIA. I believe their rule book is basically cut and paste from NHRA's. In any event, stout pass!!!

That track must be awesome, like Joe said they are running some numbers there. Their Pro Stockers were running numbers that would qualify them well here ...

Randy, Tierp is in Sweden and sanctioned by the FIA. I believe their rule book is basically cut and paste from NHRA's. In any event, stout pass!!!

That track must be awesome, like Joe said they are running some numbers there. Their Pro Stockers were running numbers that would qualify them well here ...

I got an unofficial-official confirmation over the phone that they are allowed to run 125% overdrive which is a significant advantage over their US counterparts. Like I said, 10 pounds of boost and about 400 HP just in the pulley change. Still a great run, because to do it you have to be able to get the car hooked up.

In 2001 NHRA reduced the overdrive due to bad advice from misguided individuals who thought it was going to save the racers some money by lowering boost levels. Instead, the racers were forced to buy 8-10 superchargers to find the best one, spend thousands on coatings, rev the crap out of the engines to replace the lost boost resulting in destroyed engines due to valvetrain failure, etc. And 12 years later it still stinks.

Last edited:
It's a near cut and paste. FIA rules were adopted before NHRA made the overdrive change from 125% to 92% for us in 2001. When I raced in Japan in 1993 and in 1994 NHRA was present, but the rules we had to comply with were FIA.

In 2001 NHRA reduced the overdrive due to bad advice from misguided individuals who thought it was going to save the racers some money by lwering boost levels. Instead, the racers were forced to buy 8-10 superchargers to find the best one, spend thousands on coatings, rev the crap out of the engines to replace the lost boost resulting in destroyed engines due to valvetrain failure, etc.

Thanks for the info Randy. You raced in Japan in the 90s? What was that like?

Great run!

Randy

That's my first thought when I read the first post, it is not the same rules.

I got an unofficial-official confirmation over the phone that they are allowed to run 125% overdrive which is a significant advantage over their US counterparts. Like I said, 10 pounds of boost and about 400 HP just in the pulley change. Still a great run, because to do it you have to be able to get the car hooked up.

In 2001 NHRA reduced the overdrive due to bad advice from misguided individuals who thought it was going to save the racers some money by lowering boost levels. Instead, the racers were forced to buy 8-10 superchargers to find the best one, spend thousands on coatings, rev the crap out of the engines to replace the lost boost resulting in destroyed engines due to valvetrain failure, etc. And 12 years later it still stinks.

Wasn't it Bob DeVour and Bob Newberry that sold NHRA that bill of goods that 92% would allow Roots blowers to compete? What an Abortion that was...Funny thing is, I have heard some TAFC crew members say that since they have 92% so long, none would want to go back to 125%! I bet a majority of them would...

Last edited:
Wasn't it Bob DeVour and Bob Newberry that sold NHRA that bill of goods that 92% would allow Roots blowers to compete? What an Abortion that was...Funny thing is, I have heard some TAFC crew members say that since they have 92% so long, none would want to go back to 125%!

Not going to name names. And how did the rules change work out for the roots guys? Not so well.

Back on topic. Even at 125% it's a great run. Congrats to the entire team!

EDIT...Mike Canter on another board insists they are running 92% overdrive. If that is true it is a remarkable run indeed.

Last edited:
This is from the Facebook page of Mike Janis

"What a way to start the weekend at the FIA National in Sweden at Tierp Arena!!!! Our great friend and customer Jonnie Lindberg stole the number 1 spot in Alcohol Funny Car with a 5.43 @ almost 269 mph, which is the fastest mph ever recorded in the world!!!!! This is car is 100% NHRA legal just like they run in the states which is why its so impressive!! From everyone at Mike Janis Superchargers and Jan-Cen Racing Engines, CONGRATS Lindberg Bros.!!!"

What a run! Congrats to the team, especially if done under NHRA rules for the class.

Have never seen a Mega-Track facility outside the US. but there it is.

My love of Swedish Drag Racing started early....

kevin-knauer-albums-my-pics-picture3272-annabjorn.jpg

Anna Björn, though Icelandic, played an accidental Swedish drag fan, so my crush started there. Do you blame me?

FIA Top Alcohol rules are taken straight from NHRA's rule book.

As for Lindberg's run - what an incredible pass. The Lindberg brothers have been on a tear this season. Congratulations to the entire team.

Mike.

Last edited:

The track is great Chris, it also holds the quickest Fuel Bike pass in the world. As for European Pro Stockers, they run on unleaded petrol. A bit of a difference from what the Pro Stockers run on in the States, so those times are certainly impressive.

West Coast ;)

Last edited:
That is a very nice looking facility. It is pretty cool to see the RVs lined up along the fence like we do here. No matter where you go, racers are racers and fans are fans. Might have to add that one to the bucket list.

As far as mega facilities outside the US, Western Sydney (WSID) in Australia looks like a fantastic facility too. I also wouldn't mind going to Hockenheimring in Germany for the Nitrolympx either, though not strictly a drag racing facility, it is an impressive facility nonetheless. I talked to Brady Kalivoda about it in Vegas a few years ago, and he raved about his experience racing at Hockenheimring.

That is a very nice looking facility. It is pretty cool to see the RVs lined up along the fence like we do here. No matter where you go, racers are racers and fans are fans. Might have to add that one to the bucket list.

As far as mega facilities outside the US, Western Sydney (WSID) in Australia looks like a fantastic facility too. I also wouldn't mind going to Hockenheimring in Germany for the Nitrolympx either, though not strictly a drag racing facility, it is an impressive facility nonetheless. I talked to Brady Kalivoda about it in Vegas a few years ago, and he raved about his experience racing at Hockenheimring.

You could always come and visit my home track in Western Australia...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8090/8443315432_597df0f33f_z.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back