Bazemore sidelined again? (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Having read the 1st page of posts on this subject, I guess this won't be the most popular Response...But...It's how I feel...Here it goes!

CONGRATS TO DAVID POWERS FOR FINALLY FINDING OUT WHAT MANY HAVE KNOWN FOR A LONG TIME...WHIT DOES NOT WORK AND PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS!

Whit has a lot of "PASSION" about his job, And I can and DO respect that about him, but his "ACT" and his CONTINUED "WHINING" and "ATTITUDE" has been over played for years now! I have Personal reasons why I don't like the guy, but, I hope that he learns a lesson about "WORKING FOR AND WITH OTHERS".

If the RUMOR about Spencer Massy are true...THEY HAVE A WINNER IN THAT KID! Humble, well spoken and a genuine good guy!

As far as Whit returning to Funny Car, Best of luck to him in his future Endeavors. He is a very good Funny Car pilot!

Last edited:
I think a few posts in this thread have hit the nail on the head as far as what happened. What happens next? Buyer beware!

Well, it wasn't exactly looking like a real smooth relationship for Whit at DPR for awhile now...and when he had the blowup with Rod Fuller several months ago, I wondered how that went over with David Powers. Probably not too well, and maybe this is the culmination of stuff that started back then. I wish the best for Whit, and why Lee Beard could not get that car to run as consistent as Rob Flynn I'll never know. Lee and Whit haven't been good for each other in quite a long time, and I don't think they should team up again like someone suggested.

We'll all just have to see how this plays out but for now it sucks.

I agree Spencer Massey is a good kid, and I hope David Powers gets what he wants, a soft spoken kid that looks at his feet when he gives interviews and only spouts off his sponcers like some kind of Terrets syndrome. One of the only things this sport has going for it TV wise is the decades of John Force standing on his car talking like a mad man, the Ace thumping on people, even Doug Herbert grappling. I think that Whit is a great driver, and I personally like him. Had the pleasure of talking to him a few times over the last 14 years or so and always very personable. When your at your work and you get the shaft do you just sit there and talk about how great the guy is that got promoted around you, or do you stand up for yourself. That's my rant, I think it's crappy to point Whit to the door, I only hope that Rod doesn't ever speak his mind (he already has a few times) and he doesn't get fired as well.

I know why Whit's leaving now...he and Rod got into a tussle.

That's actually what happened to Rod's knee -- Whit pulled a Tonya Harding.

:eek:

EDIT: I have no idea what actually happened. I was just trying to be funny, and apparently failed ;)

Last edited:
Having read the 1st page of posts on this subject, I guess this won't be the most popular Response...But...It's how I feel...Here it goes!

CONGRATS TO DAVID POWERS FOR FINALLY FINDING OUT WHAT MANY HAVE KNOWN FOR A LONG TIME...WHIT DOES NOT WORK AND PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS!

Whit has a lot of "PASSION" about his job, And I can and DO respect that about him, but his "ACT" and his CONTINUED "WHINING" and "ATTITUDE" has been over played for years now! I have Personal reasons why I don't like the guy, but, I hope that he learns a lesson about "WORKING FOR AND WITH OTHERS".

If the RUMOR about Spencer Massy are true...THEY HAVE A WINNER IN THAT KID! Humble, well spoken and a genuine good guy!

As far as Whit returning to Funny Car, Best of luck to him in his future Endeavors. He is a very good Funny Car pilot!
Geez..AMAZING THE LENGTHS A PERSON WILL GO TO To Bash Huh? PFFFT

I hope Whit does come out of this smelling as well as Jay mentioned. So if Lee goes with him..suppose Lee doesn't play well with others either???

Good post Jay..by the way. (hey that rhymes)!!

Well, it says on DRO that Whit and Powers were seen in public having shouting maches so if they were yelling back and forth do you think a millionare like Powers to put up with that for very long? there's not much here to be surprised about.

They probably asked Whit to bring his scuba gear to Vegas and Pomona. I know that wouldn't of went over to well.

Remember when they ran the teaser going into the break and Paul Page said "We'll talk to Whit about what's in his future...?"
And actually the other line in that was, "Now that his season in over". I actually sat there thinking that that was in poor taste, like the damn countdown was the only thing that mattered, and since he was out, the last two races meant nothing. But I guess there must've been more to that statement.

Doc, you killed me with the "chassis tester" comment! Funny stuff. I do hope Whit ends up in a good ride, which I'm confident he will. I tend to agree with Jay's post, about both parties ending up just fine.

From a personal experience, one of the parties involved has a habit of using people to get what they desire and then casting them aside. I will let y'all decide/speculate which of them I am referring to.

yea i'm pretty sure rod can bench press the tow vehicle.....but bazemore's got that long reach.....i've got it at a split decision after 12 rounds :p

ok, here's an idea. some drivers have "rituals" after they win a race. capps puts some brut on, scelzi does his cartwheels, etc etc. when fuller wins a race, he should look at the camera, flex his biceps, and say "the next motherf*#@er who tries to f#&* with this is gonna get jacked up!"

From a personal experience, one of the parties involved has a habit of using people to get what they desire and then casting them aside. I will let y'all decide/speculate which of them I am referring to.

i was wondering if that was the case

And actually the other line in that was, "Now that his season in over". I actually sat there thinking that that was in poor taste, like the damn countdown was the only thing that mattered, and since he was out, the last two races meant nothing. But I guess there must've been more to that statement.

Good point...In hindsight, I forgot about that...For me, it was the whole "We'll talk to Whit about his future..."

Then of course, when they never ran the bit, that's all I needed to know...I knew something was coming, and in a few phone calls, I was pretty surprised what I heard....

Whit WILL be ok through this, and I am just really surprised..I certainly didn't see this coming...But, after all....this IS a business...

Geez..AMAZING THE LENGTHS A PERSON WILL GO TO To Bash Huh? PFFFT

I hope Whit does come out of this smelling as well as Jay mentioned. So if Lee goes with him..suppose Lee doesn't play well with others either???

Good post Jay..by the way. (hey that rhymes)!!

No, Lee Beard is actually a very nice person. He is intelligent, articulate, and very passionate about what he does as well. He is a good team Leader and crew cheif. Whit is also very cordial to many people...However, in the past, he has not been very pleasant. Perhaps I caught him on a bad day...(8 times!)

I Don't consider that a BASH...Just a personal Opinion based on personal experiences. I could go into lenth about the many unpleasant experiences that I've had with Whit. I could also get really ugly and descriptive, but that would do neither me or Whit any good. David, you could defend Whit all day long, but you'd be lecturing to deaf ears. I also do not wish him any harm or bad luck at all! I hope he get's a quality ride soon. He's a good Driver and the sport could use his Compeditive Fire! I just don't care for his attitude.

...Just my .02 cents worth

Timmah!:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back